Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

On 05/10/2021 at 16:15, fleshdaddy said:

Firstly, let me preface things by saying I'm just playing devils advocate I guess. Hypothetically if we're in a similar position come Christmas/New Year to where we are now and so very, very likely out of the running to secure European football next season, and Top decided to make a change (or Rodgers goes of his own volition), who would you want us to go for?

I know when the Arsenal and Spurs rumours were knocking about a while back, we were linked to Rúben Amorim from Sporting, and it feels like we end up signing players who we're consistently linked with over the course of a couple of seasons, so maybe it'd likely be the same with a manager? 

What do people think, and who would people want?

Topics like this should be taken down, there’s enough shit and speculation around already with the Leicester Mercury and other click bait journalists.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

Topics like this should be taken down, there’s enough shit and speculation around already with the Leicester Mercury and other click bait journalists.

See below.

On 09/10/2021 at 11:30, Scotch said:

I can't say I ever understood the "close thread" comment. 

If there is a certain discussion you don't want to be part of, that's fair enough. Don't engage but I just can't wrap my head around why you would want to stop others talking about it. It's weird, man. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fleshdaddy said:

See below.

Read back through your own thread and perhaps you will understand why others like me think your comments are nothing but speculation.

Has Rodgers given any indication he wants to leave NO if anything he as come out and said he’s happy here and sees himself being here for the foreseeable future. 

20 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

Read back through your own thread and perhaps you will understand why others like me think your comments are nothing but speculation.

Has Rodgers given any indication he wants to leave NO if anything he as come out and said he’s happy here and sees himself being here for the foreseeable future. 

Of course it's speculation. In the same way we have topics about which players we'd like to see the club potentially bring in. Or is that not allowed either? 

I really don't see what the problem is, but whatever.

On 21/10/2021 at 23:54, Always Next Year said:

They get their shit, from this very forum....

On 09/10/2021 at 12:53, foxinsocks said:

For us fans we rarely stand back and say fa cup, top 6, euro games. 

We just focus on unfathomable decisions... look how he has treated nacho and praet. Look how he tolerated madders and perez.

Its his Choice to choose, he knows the Motivation & mitigating reasons..you nor I dont.

Stop playing Football manager...

On 22/10/2021 at 12:54, Always Next Year said:

And the point he made remains the same too, if people want to discuss it then let them, if you don't, don't. That's the point of a forum. The fact that so many have bothered to read and comment on the various arguments suggests it's a topic of interest whether or not you or I agree or not with the viewpoints expressed. Just because you personally don't like it is certainly not grounds to close it down. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Its his Choice to choose, he knows the Motivation & mitigating reasons..you nor I dont.

Yes it is his choice, however, it seemed ok to speculate or query with certain other less popular managers like Puel when we had no more insight into such things then either. Arguably Puel had many other difficult situations to deal with at the club at the time than Rodgers has had because of the state the club was in at the time when he inherited it.

Forums by their very  nature are going to contain views based on rumour, supposition and some facts because supporters obviously can't know them. People merely air their viewpoints. I may not want Rodgers to leave but neither when compared to any of our other past managers do I think he's a protected species no matter how much he's hero worshipped by some. A forum is a forum and like switching over TV channels people have a to take part or not. 

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes it is his choice, however, it seemed ok to speculate or query with certain other less popular managers like Puel when we had no more insight into such things then either. Arguably Puel had many other difficult situations to deal with at the club at the time than Rodgers has had because of the state the club was in at the time when he inherited it.

Forums by their very  nature are going to contain views based on rumour, supposition and some facts because supporters obviously can't know them. People merely air their viewpoints. I may not want Rodgers to leave but neither when compared to any of our other past managers do I think he's a protected species no matter how much he's hero worshipped by some. A forum is a forum and like switching over TV channels people have a to take part or not. 

Sounds easy..but empty vessels,& only noise become eventually boring..So theme & topic..lose their point & interest..And when there is something to report...It will fall only around empty ears...The cry wolf effect...

Why many media outlets have no credence ,with many sports people..

32 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Sounds easy..but empty vessels,& only noise become eventually boring..So theme & topic..lose their point & interest..And when there is something to report...It will fall only around empty ears...The cry wolf effect...

Why many media outlets have no credence ,with many sports people..

And when they become boring they fizzle out and die because people stop engaging with them. Like this one, if after a while there's nothing to ignite it, it will drop down the list to the next page and the next etc.

I agree, there's very few news outlets now that are given much credibility now, though Romano and Percy seem to have their fair share of good information. Most of it is merely regurgitated speculative gossip for clickbait purposes. 

13 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

But we do see the performances on the pitch, so it's legitimate to query, for example, why a persistently badly performing player is constantly favoured over one who contributes more.

• 3 months later...

So.... Should Brendan feel he's reach his peak with the tenacious overachievers before the season properly comes to a glorious close, who is both able and willing replace the trophy-winning Brendan Rodgers? I thought I'd give the thread a bump. I am at least glad it won't be Lampard. I don't want Gerrand either. I assume there are other managers.

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

If we sack him this season you'd think it would probably be an interim, but we've never done that before under these owners?

I would imagine his back team would go with him, leaving just Stowell?

I don't even know what managers are really out there at the moment that would take an interim role, big Sam? Bring back Claudio?

Edited by moore_94