Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

If there is somebody new they will have an impossible job. They will probably be able to improve the defence in the short term and will probably liven the players up a bit with the managerial bounce. However in the long term we are never going to be able to finish in the top four regularly or get to the later stages of the cups every year. Therefore they will be on a hiding to nothing because fans will be expecting better than what Rodgers has done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Don’t want Potter complete repleca of Rodgers. We need a no nonsense bastard. 

He produces some nice football like Rodgers but I can’t see that his finishing positions at Brighton have been much better than those prior to him arriving. I often seem to hear in the media ‘Brighton are having a good season although they have only won 3 of their last 17.’

21 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Doubt he’d take us

would be pretty unambitious. he needs to make a step up sometime. if he's supposed to be this great manager everyone is saying then he needs to move on. he wont get a top 4/6 club straight from brighton. 

Edited by don_danbury

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Is it bad that I wouldn't be that against Villas-Boas...? haha

Although I do remember him being bad at spending the Bale money

I had a bit of a debate with someone on here a while ago that Villas-Boas was high maintenance (my opinion) but I may be mistaken. He's certainly a manager who gets pretty instant improvement. An 18 month deal and see after that. 

Just now, Dirkster the Fox said:

The person to replace Brendan Rodgers is:

Brendan Rodgers 

Get over this and accept we have a good manager and it's just a difficult period with our squad transition.

His record at rebuilding squads is revolting, which on the back of a horror year means he's got no means for being given the opportunity to any longer. Plenty of better managers than Brendan have failed to turn things around at clubs and plenty more will in the future to. No hard feelings but it's time to go Brendan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

Martinez would be more of the same probably (Roberto).

Definite echoes of Martinez at Everton in Rodgers’ spell with us.

I think the Martinez of now has developed a great deal since his time at Everton and all things considered he didn't do too badly at Everton anyway, particularly when you look at the results of those who have followed him.

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

Like another couple have said, Galtier. We have a couple of young French players to build around and grow with, Soumare was his man winning the French Ligue last season. Big ask but we're Premier League, we're surrounded by the best in the business, Leeds have got Bielsa ffs, Ancellotti was at Everton, the League(money) and country(more money) are a huge draw.

Looks a right moody, demanding barsteward Galtier.

1 hour ago, fox in the sox said:

He produces some nice football like Rodgers but I can’t see that his finishing positions at Brighton have been much better than those prior to him arriving. I often seem to hear in the media ‘Brighton are having a good season although they have only won 3 of their last 17.’

it's because they are bloody Brighton and they're in the top half for Christ's sake.

You get so many people try to be clever like this when discussing Potter, like they've spotted something everyone else hasn't

2 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

MON great shout the reason I fell in love with the club, that spirit that fight, even just for 3 months, it would answer the long time question, what could MON have done with a better squad? if he can't instill a bit of heart and desire into some of these, than the problems run far deeper.

MON was there at the start of my time getting to know Leicester and I'd hold him in high regard for that but he's been damaged goods for a long time now.

47 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His record at rebuilding squads is revolting, which on the back of a horror year means he's got no means for being given the opportunity to any longer. Plenty of better managers than Brendan have failed to turn things around at clubs and plenty more will in the future to. No hard feelings but it's time to go Brendan.

I don’t think some Leicester fans realise, that this is a guy who replaced Luis Suarez with Rickie Lambert & Mario Balotelli.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

The person to replace Brendan Rodgers is:

Brendan Rodgers 

Get over this and accept we have a good manager and it's just a difficult period with our squad transition.

This could be true, I kinda feel it's more the players that need to be sacked than BR.

But that is not how it works in this cruel game, the bottom line is the manager will always be in the firing line.

3 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

If we get rid can see either Nuno or Koeman taking over. 

Would prefer as already mentioned Rudi Garcia or Lucien Farve. 

....Koeman has now become a journeyman!!!

Some managers make a better living taking up contracts and failing. They then get a big payoff and then move to other clubs. I suppose for them it is good business but it comes down to the Chairmen of these hiring clubs believing that he could work at their club when overwhelming evidence has proven that the manager is relying on past success, and is not capable of delivering what they need.

The recent prime example is Claudio, he will get another post and continue to reap the benefits of yet another deluded Chairman.

2 hours ago, fox in the sox said:

If there is somebody new they will have an impossible job. They will probably be able to improve the defence in the short term and will probably liven the players up a bit with the managerial bounce. However in the long term we are never going to be able to finish in the top four regularly or get to the later stages of the cups every year. Therefore they will be on a hiding to nothing because fans will be expecting better than what Rodgers has done.

...regular top 6, and if we fail at least fail and look like you are giving everything!!!

Coming up short is easier to take if you have given your best, the reason why losing festers is that you know there was a lot more that could and should have been done.

• Like 1