Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

What's the average tenure of LCFC managers these days about 2-3 years probably. So if history tells us anything. Personally I think if we are all satisfied with 7 -10 finishes in the premiership , Brendan is your man. There again if we get hammered by Utd. a large number on here will be screaming for his head , but not me.

18 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

There's a part of me that can't escape the idea that it probably is time for him to move on. He doesn't deserve the sack but I do think it's showing signs of having gone stale here. If they're willing to pay his compensation package (and they're the only club I don't think who'd baulk at it) then I really think it may happen.

Do you think they'd still want Hamza too :P

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

One thing that did encourage me a bit about Leicester last season was something that was in the Mercury about how we were looking at Ruben Amorim if Rodgers was to go, which shows there's at least some succession planning in place and he'd actually be someone I was very happy with - won Sporting their first title in years, nearly went unbeaten as well.

" every good chairman knows his next manager". 

Can't remember who said it but a well used phrase. 

2 hours ago, LCFC hub said:

Why has he been replaced already? Or will he be with us forever?

He hasnt quit and he hasnt been sacked.

I may be in the minority here as we are at page 10 since this thread started but to me its a daft question. The managers who may be available today may not be available when he leaves.

If you want ne to play the game, I`ll say Guardiola 

Let silly season continue....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

What's the average tenure of LCFC managers these days about 2-3 years probably. So if history tells us anything. Personally I think if we are all satisfied with 7 -10 finishes in the premiership , Brendan is your man. There again if we get hammered by Utd. a large number on here will be screaming for his head , but not me.

Cup success now and then,comfortable mid table and playing attractive football, would settle for that. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LCFC hub said:

Why has he been replaced already? Or will he be with us forever?

lol 

Of course he won't be here forever but a lot of things won't be. Shall I start a thread for new owners too?

19 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

It's weird because it's hard to argue with the overall results. Two fifth placed finishes and an FA cup win, how can anyone want him gone? lol

Yet would I lose any sleep if he went somewhere else? Probably not. 

That said, and I think this is the major issue, we could very easily get the next choice very wrong. 

By the way, I think it's ridiculous that this is even a discussion. 

For us fans we rarely stand back and say fa cup, top 6, euro games. 

We just focus on unfathomable decisions... look how he has treated nacho and praet. Look how he tolerated madders and perez.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

lol 

Of course he won't be here forever but a lot of things won't be. Shall I start a thread for new owners too?

Well asking to close the thread when he's quite possible he leaves in the near future is ridiculous.. There is clearly a discussion to be had. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Koke said:

Throwing names out there. Some of these we probably can't get but whatever 

Marcelino 

Graham Potter 

Sarri 

Gasperini 

Thomas Frank 

Marcelo Bielsa 

I like Graham Potter, he's managed at Europa League level too. He'd be my realistic choice 

Always a difficult one because we are not party to who may or may not be interested, many on here are calling for Potter but no guarantees he would leave Brighton, in same way there may be other managers whom as supporters we believe are unattainable but as proved when we lured Brendan from Celtic we can be a very attractive project. 

there are a number of out of work managers who could come in and do a more than decent job but would managers of the ilk of Lampard, Howe et al necessarily be able to take us to the next level. I like the look of Frank at Brentford but would be a risk given this is his first season at very top level. 

would be great if we could attract a real top class manager, the structure, facilities and squad is all geared for success, who that manager is, is a very difficult question but if the vacancy came available in the non too distant future we may be very surprised at the calibre of Manager we can attract. 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Throwing names out there. Some of these we probably can't get but whatever 

Marcelino ~ Atletico Bilbao - Win ration 34%, fitness is a big issue with him.

Graham Potter  ~ Brighton - Has done a great job for them and needs a good season or so to judge his longevity

Sarri ~  Absolutely changed the way he employed Kante in the Chelsea team and lost a lot from him, so a no to him.

Gasperini ~Atalanta - This is the style of play Rodgers has aspired to, if he can play this way in the Premier then, yes to him.

Thomas Frank ~ Brentford - Like Potter he has done a great job to be here, he needs time to stake a claim, a good coach.

Marcelo Bielsa ~ Leeds - Maverick coach, perhaps not give us the stability and the supporters will be pulling their hair out.

Ruben Amorin ~ Sporting CP - Has a good record in respect of win ratio, although a limited data to pull from, 72% win ratio*

Marco Rose ~ Dortmund - My personal choice, if only we could!!! ~ different class.

Rudi Garcia ~ Lyon (formerly) - Took them to Champions League final , finished 4th last season and left having failed to qualify for Champions League.

......just taking a look at our choices!!!

* Team               Win %

Braga B          72.73

Braga             76.92

Sporting CP   70.31

• Like 1

Did I really read the words "player unrest at Leicester City"? Seriously, I've had a torrid four days with a very bad cold. Maybe it was BBC Red Button.

I did a search with that wording and the names Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel came up . Then I added the BR bit. Daily Record had an article about BR "excited" by the "challenge of turning it round" at Leicester. 

"Excited" is a strange and inappropriate word for fixing this patch of form. 

Is it just wisps of smoke or a proper fire?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2021 at 05:00, gerblod said:

Did I really read the words "player unrest at Leicester City"? Seriously, I've had a torrid four days with a very bad cold. Maybe it was BBC Red Button.

I did a search with that wording and the names Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel came up . Then I added the BR bit. Daily Record had an article about BR "excited" by the "challenge of turning it round" at Leicester. 

"Excited" is a strange and inappropriate word for fixing this patch of form. 

Is it just wisps of smoke or a proper fire?

Your major mistake there is even clicking into a daily record link, the epitome of an absolute gutter rag.

• Like 1