Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

I don’t think some Leicester fans realise, that this is a guy who replaced Luis Suarez with Rickie Lambert & Mario Balotelli.

Like he had any choice. If you're going to trash the manager at least have the decency to not fill the forum with anecdotal trash.. Your bigger than that. 👍

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

His record at rebuilding squads is revolting, which on the back of a horror year means he's got no means for being given the opportunity to any longer. Plenty of better managers than Brendan have failed to turn things around at clubs and plenty more will in the future to. No hard feelings but it's time to go Brendan.

To be honest he's never stayed anywhere long enough to be able to build after a success. Modern Football.

I'd love to see him build a squad of his players instead of working with what he has. Probably will never happen unless your name is Guardiola. Guess that's the fate of the modern manager.

I think our days in the sun are drawing to an end. We're regressing to a Southampton or Everton type, too good to go down but never challenging for honours again. It's been a good ride, I would have certainly taken that 10 years ago, but having been at the top table it's hard to take now. 

Our only hope is our academy producing genuinely world class players, but they'd probably leave if we did

• Like 3

Potter would be my first choice but I genuinely can't see him leaving Brighton for us now. 

Been impressed with the job's Cooper has done at Swansea and Forest, thought he'd really done his homework on us yesterday and the player's seem to play for him. 

As a left field appointment I'd consider the ex USA women's coach Jill Ellis. Really intelligent coach and I think she'd be a great appointment, however sadly I don't think the club would consider appointing a woman, and I'm not sure modern day players or even some fans have the mental bandwidth to respect a female in this role. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

I think our days in the sun are drawing to an end. We're regressing to a Southampton or Everton type, too good to go down but never challenging for honours again. It's been a good ride, I would have certainly taken that 10 years ago, but having been at the top table it's hard to take now. 

Our only hope is our academy producing genuinely world class players, but they'd probably leave if we did

That's how it feels to me too. It feels like the end of an era in a number of ways. Hopefully we're wrong!

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

The next appointment is such an important one imo. Potter seems like the obvious choice if we can attract him

Really don't get this at all. One place ahead of us in the PL whilst we have 2 games in hand, out of the FA cup as well (mullered by Spurs) and haven't had to compete in Europe this season. And everyone saying he is a success?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jamesp26 said:

Really don't get this at all. One place ahead of us in the PL whilst we have 2 games in hand, out of the FA cup as well (mullered by Spurs) and haven't had to compete in Europe this season. And everyone saying he is a success?

He's done all of that with a much less talented pool of players than we have. Brighton's issues has been there finishing, something that we're relatively good at. You can give it context or just look at it in black and white

33 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He's done all of that with a much less talented pool of players than we have. Brighton's issues has been there finishing, something that we're relatively good at. You can give it context or just look at it in black and white

And our biggest problem is in defence, and we all know full well the injury problems we've had this year. Arguable neither manager has sorted out their problems.

10 hours ago, Dave Fishwick said:

it's because they are bloody Brighton and they're in the top half for Christ's sake.

You get so many people try to be clever like this when discussing Potter, like they've spotted something everyone else hasn't

It is a fact that they finished one place higher last season than they did before he took charge. We await to see where they finish this season. I have seen nothing to suggest he is a better manager than Rodgers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Ralph Hasenhuttl, give him a better team/money and he could be class

...you do not get 9 goals put pass you twice in the space of a year, it just prove you do not have the ability to learn!!!

" Taking one for the team..." is a regular occurrence, shutting up shop and being organised should have been something learnt the first time.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you do not get 9 goals put pass you twice in the space of a year, it just prove you do not have the ability to learn!!!

" Taking one for the team..." is a regular occurrence, shutting up shop and being organised should have been something learnt the first time.

That’s not acknowledging the circumstances behind one of those games. 

The fact he’s managed twice to get a team and it’s players to recover from those points is a good sign. Rebuilding a decent team now as well with some super prospects. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

28 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

You can tarnish him with that for the rest of his career or accept it was 2 freak games. He is a very good manager who plays good high pressing football working on a shoestring budget with shite players. No coincidence as soon as Bertrand/Vestegaard have left (not his signings) they have become alot more solid aswell.

Edited by South Shire Fox

14 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Ralph Hasenhuttl, give him a better team/money and he could be class

He isn't available plus more importantly he's contracted at Southampton until end of season 2024 and there is a clause in his contract that if any club prises him away they have to pay the Saints 20m

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

10 hours ago, Webbo said:

Would like to think we could come back to that table given enough time and sensible stewardship, but this certainly feels like end game right now. As scandalous as it sounds, I would be tempted to wipe the whole slate clean by letting the old guard go at Summer and building a new core, letting them grow in the team together. :(

• Like 1