Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

20 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Xabi Alonso anyone, his contract ends in the summer this year with Real Sociedad B.

He knows the league.

Some top players would want to play for him.

Borussia Mönchengladbach were keen on him but he turned them down last season.

That's a shout and a half

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Cooper has proven he's a top manager in waiting not just because of yesterday. He's done an excellent job at Swansea and an even better one at Forest.

To see his work at close quarters yesterday was impressive and enlightening. The make up of the forest team for a start, Loan players signed to fit into his perceived system and each one capable of doing a job. And all of this since September.   Not only has he rebuilt a team that actually works, But he's done

it in 5 Months. They were big strong physical, and what some of them lacked in skill they made up for in understanding and awareness of each other.

Can you imagine the job he could do at a Club with real money to spend.

I'd be happy to see him here if the opportunity presents itself.

Cooper was excellent in the England youth set up. 

5 hours ago, l444ry said:

Strange old world. When Puel was on the verge of being sacked many were calling for Benitez. Don't hear so many this time around.

Situations change though don’t they so that’s a pretty silly thing to call out.

22 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Cooper has proven he's a top manager in waiting not just because of yesterday. He's done an excellent job at Swansea and an even better one at Forest.

To see his work at close quarters yesterday was impressive and enlightening. The make up of the forest team for a start, Loan players signed to fit into his perceived system and each one capable of doing a job. And all of this since September.   Not only has he rebuilt a team that actually works, But he's done

it in 5 Months. They were big strong physical, and what some of them lacked in skill they made up for in understanding and awareness of each other.

Swansea have a good knack of bringing in managers who are on the way up.

It makes me laugh Rodgers crying about the quality he has available when he's been outclassed by a bloke who took over a team bottom of the championship 4/5 months ago.

Imagine he will be in the prem before too long, with or without Forest.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, l444ry said:

Strange old world. When Puel was on the verge of being sacked many were calling for Benitez. Don't hear so many this time around.

I did, strangely enough, think about him earlier. I don't watch Everton every week. How much of their dismal form was down to him being who he is and Everton being who they are and the whole atmosphere around the club being toxic and how much of it was down to him just getting it completely wrong? 

I'm not convinced by him, but David Moyes looked like he was completely finished before going to West Ham. Sometimes it just doesn't work out at a club. 

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

.....or people jump on the flavour of the month.

Well yeah there is a bit of that but the reason he was flavour of the month is because he did a good job in his previous role where as now his reputation is in the mud.

17 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Never heard of him (Steve Cooper) before because I never followed Forest, but watched the game against Arsenal and the Leicester game on Sunday.

Really impressed with him and the Media are raving about him. Seems to instilled a tough mentality in his players and I read that he wanted the all the players to celebrate when they scored, to promote unity and a togetherness.

Read his recruitment and getting rid of deadwood has been remarkable.

Looks like he's on a upwards trajectory and could be ideal for Leicester if the owners don't want to look abroad (Diego Martinez)

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 2

It depends on what approach we want to take.

Do we want someone in the mould of Gerrard/Lampard, who will attract players based on the respect they had for them when they played.

Or do we want a Potter, who will bring through the 'lesser reputable' players, and turn us into a 'proper team' again.