Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

It doesnt actually say we are looking at him. It just says that he is someone we COULD be interested in. 

Gattuso, without excluding the other 'unemployed' Italian Andrea Pirlo, is a profile that can 'fascinate' Leicester, with its agent Jorge Mendes that we know boast a great 'influence' in English football of top level

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

It doesnt actually say we are looking at him. It just says that he is someone we COULD be interested in. 

Gattuso, without excluding the other 'unemployed' Italian Andrea Pirlo, is a profile that can 'fascinate' Leicester, with its agent Jorge Mendes that we know boast a great 'influence' in English football of top level

Interesting either way, that it has been leaked presumably from Mendes and co.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hasn't Gattuso got some questionable views on certain topics? 

I'm fascinated by Xabi Alonso as a manager, would be a huge punt as he's very unproven but doesn't mean we couldn't make such a move.

Alonso for some reason is the one that interest me. Loved him as a footballer. How’s he doing as a coach?

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm fascinated by Xabi Alonso as a manager, would be a huge punt as he's very unproven but doesn't mean we couldn't make such a move.

Yeah I'd swerve him, Spurs weren't keen on him because of it

Edited by Tommy Fresh

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah just seen about that, it was probably the main reason he didn't get the Spurs job, massive backlash from their fans

Historic comments regarding the role of women in football, same-sex marriage and racism

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah just seen about that, it was probably the main reason he didn't get the Spurs job, massive backlash from their fans

Historic comments regarding the role of women in football, same-sex marriage and racism

He also left Fiorentina after a few weeks after falling out with them over something to do with Mendes. Probably not the most stable option either

7 minutes ago, tetly said:

Alonso for some reason is the one that interest me. Loved him as a footballer. How’s he doing as a coach?

So far managed a Real Madrid youth team and won the league thrn went to Real Sociedad B and got them promoted to La Liga 2. Very early days in his managerial career and he says he's in no rush to reach the top but that he will do. Would be a punt, similar tonCambiasso would be.

• Like 2

Urs Fischer from Union Berlin

Got them promoted to the Bundesliga for the first time in their history in 18/19 in his first season in charge

In 19/20 they finished 11th, and were closer to European football qualification than the relegation zone

In 20/21 they finished 7th and qualified for Europa Conference, conceding only the 4th most goals, 1 less than Bayern

Currently they are in 4th, unlikely to challenge for the top 3 but look to have a good chance of getting that 4th spot and Champions League football

Current contract runs out next year

Oversaw quite a rebuild this summer as they released/sold 14 players, 9 of which were players with 25+ appearances last season

Brought in mostly frees or very cheap players to replace them all, highest fee was £5m to make a loan from last season permanent, highest fee after that was £2m

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Urs Fischer from Union Berlin

Got them promoted to the Bundesliga for the first time in their history in 18/19 in his first season in charge

In 19/20 they finished 11th, and were closer to European football qualification than the relegation zone

In 20/21 they finished 7th and qualified for Europa Conference, conceding only the 4th most goals, 1 less than Bayern

Currently they are in 4th, unlikely to challenge for the top 3 but look to have a good chance of getting that 4th spot and Champions League football

Current contract runs out next year

Oversaw quite a rebuild this summer as they released/sold 14 players, 9 of which were players with 25+ appearances last season

Brought in mostly frees or very cheap players to replace them all, highest fee was £5m to make a loan from last season permanent, highest fee after that was £2m

Now I'm listening. What's his track record at bringing through young players? I could look but I've had a bottle of Malbec

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

If they are going to sack him (which I don't think they will) the owners will want someone with Premier League experience.

Somebody like Nuno would be in contention.

The only stumbling block I see with Nuno is the Mendes connection. One of the better things we’ve done is swerved connections with agents. 

I actually think Nuno could be a worthwhile stopgap in terms of sorting this horrid defence out. But by second season, we’d be wanting something more dynamic