Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Now I'm listening. What's his track record at bringing through young players? I could look but I've had a bottle of Malbec

I don't think it is the best at the moment

However it is kind of hard to judge it properly because unlike a lot of German teams they don't have a 2nd team to bridge the gap between the young age groups and the first team

Would kind of be like if we didn't have an under 23s side

From a quick look it does look like he used a lot of youth when he was in Swizterland with Basel, Thun, and Zurich though

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Xabi Alonso for me, no idea about his managerial credentials but it's about time we had some style in the dugout, we've been sorely missing it since Nige's blindingly white trainers. 

4cbe289fc170465a1c0e3db5a598db7f.jpg

What a man.

Same. 

I can't be bothered with one of the usual names. Let's roll the dice and take a gamble. It might pay off. 

Pirlo has managed a total of 52 matches in his coaching career. Gattuso has much more management experience, but i don't think either would be a good fit for Leicester. 

I would love for Ernesto Valverde to be hired if Brendan goes but might be wishful thinking on my part.  His Athletic Bilbao squad played an attractive high pressing 4-2-3-1 

29 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don't think it is the best at the moment

However it is kind of hard to judge it properly because unlike a lot of German teams they don't have a 2nd team to bridge the gap between the young age groups and the first team

Would kind of be like if we didn't have an under 23s side

From a quick look it does look like he used a lot of youth when he was in Swizterland with Basel, Thun, and Zurich though

Union Berlin have the oldest squad in the Bundesliga.

Christian Streich of Freiburg would be a better fit, has brought through players like Nico Schlotterbeck recently, well respected in Germany and supposedly seen as a great motivator; however he’s been a one man team throughout his career, pulling him out of Freiburg would probably be unlikely.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah just seen about that, it was probably the main reason he didn't get the Spurs job, massive backlash from their fans

Historic comments regarding the role of women in football, same-sex marriage and racism

Probably Jimmy Carr as assistant manager then 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Union Berlin have the oldest squad in the Bundesliga.

Christian Streich of Freiburg would be a better fit, has brought through players like Nico Schlotterbeck recently, well respected in Germany and supposedly seen as a great motivator; however he’s been a one man team throughout his career, pulling him out of Freiburg would probably be unlikely.

Urs Fischer gave Schlotterbeck his first consistent run of senior football on loan at Union Berlin last season haha

But like I also mentioned it is a lot easier to bring through youth players at a club like Freiburg because they have a 2nd team who currently play in the 3rd tier of German football, much easier for them to be exposed to senior football

18-19 year olds at Union Berlin will still be playing youth football, at a club like Freiburg they will be playing senior football

Edited by moore_94

From the way we've operated in the past under the owners, I suspect that it would be someone with knowledge of the English game/Premier League.

They have never recruited an unknown quantity from abroad in all of their time owning the club so I feel like that could be ruled out.

31 minutes ago, dormelcfc said:

From the way we've operated in the past under the owners, I suspect that it would be someone with knowledge of the English game/Premier League.

They have never recruited an unknown quantity from abroad in all of their time owning the club so I feel like that could be ruled out.

Ole Solskjaer GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHYOle Gunnar GIFs | Tenor

I don't know if this has already been mentioned but any ideasas to why Sean Dyche was in attendance at Forest on Sunday, other than the fact he started his career there and so is presumably a Forest fan?! Nevertheless I found it interesting him being there, especially with Brendan under a certain amount of pressure, or now becoming so!

3 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Xabi Alonso for me, no idea about his managerial credentials but it's about time we had some style in the dugout, we've been sorely missing it since Nige's blindingly white trainers. 

4cbe289fc170465a1c0e3db5a598db7f.jpg

What a man.

He'd get my vote :wub:

12 minutes ago, Guy said:

I don't know if this has already been mentioned but any ideasas to why Sean Dyche was in attendance at Forest on Sunday, other than the fact he started his career there and so is presumably a Forest fan?! Nevertheless I found it interesting him being there, especially with Brendan under a certain amount of pressure, or now becoming so!

More likely Dyche is interested in signing acouple of players who are playing at Forest in the summer, there his kind of players with a tough mentality that would be ideal for Burnley.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ely fox said:

Graham Potter and his entire back room staff (including the defensive coach). I think this wouldn’t cost us ridiculous sums and Potter would leave Brighton. 

And what would Brighton do about us trying to nick their manager and all their backroom staff?

Who would you have to replace Potter at Brighton?

There are others in Europe who aren't managing at the moment and are available by the way.

My opinion is Potter is building up Brighton, let him continue

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

10 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Christophe Galtier.

We need a winner.

We need a champion and he is the one.

Good manager but I'm not sure he's the one. He uses a translator with the media and has limited English. I know we have a few french players but I think it would be a problem for most of the squad.

5 hours ago, Ely fox said:

Graham Potter and his entire back room staff (including the defensive coach). I think this wouldn’t cost us ridiculous sums and Potter would leave Brighton. 

Because Brighton are pissing all over us in the league, the cup and in Europe? 

• Haha 1