Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

35 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Christophe Galtier.

We need a winner.

We need a champion and he is the one.

Why would he leave Nice yet? Paid very very well there

23 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Good manager but I'm not sure he's the one. He uses a translator with the media and has limited English. I know we have a few french players but I think it would be a problem for most of the squad.

Not wanting to be pedantic but what's this based on given he's only ever managed in France so why on earth is he using a translator? Is this from 20 odd years ago when he was an assistant at Pompey?

11 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Gasperini.  I enjoyed the way a very weakened Atalanta team fought against Man U and he's doing well on a fairly limited budget.  I haven't seen a huge amount of Italian football but I've read they play aggressive, attractive football.

They do, they’re incredibly fun to watch. But I can’t see Gasperini giving up another possible Champions League campaign for us, especially at his age. He also has the option to extend his contract to 2025. 

8 minutes ago, The_77 said:

They do, they’re incredibly fun to watch. But I can’t see Gasperini giving up another possible Champions League campaign for us, especially at his age. He also has the option to extend his contract to 2025. 

Probably not but perhaps the lure of the Premier League and the facilities at City may persuade him. But yeah hadn't factored in his age.  Will file in the very unlikely pile.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Probably not but perhaps the lure of the Premier League and the facilities at City may persuade him. But yeah hadn't factored in his age.  Will file in the very unlikely pile.  

From a few months ago - “This was Gasperini’s 200th Serie A career victory and he has been linked with a potential move to the Premier League.

“I hope to enjoy many more victories, as I don’t remember a single easy one. I am happy in Italy, in Bergamo, and lifestyle counts for a lot.

“At times I think about it, and I might be richer, but less happy. I don’t just live on the pitch.”

Via - https://football-italia.net/gasperini-id-be-richer-but-less-happy-in-premier-league/

20 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

From a few months ago - “This was Gasperini’s 200th Serie A career victory and he has been linked with a potential move to the Premier League.

“I hope to enjoy many more victories, as I don’t remember a single easy one. I am happy in Italy, in Bergamo, and lifestyle counts for a lot.

“At times I think about it, and I might be richer, but less happy. I don’t just live on the pitch.”

Via - https://football-italia.net/gasperini-id-be-richer-but-less-happy-in-premier-league/

Sounds like a good bloke to boot.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Sounds like a good bloke to boot.  

49 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Didn’t have a very good relationship with Castagne but you have to respect his perspective in those quotes— very refreshing these days!

That said, c’mon, Claudio, tell Gian Piero how great it is at Leicester! lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Why would he leave Nice yet? Paid very very well there

Not wanting to be pedantic but what's this based on given he's only ever managed in France so why on earth is he using a translator? Is this from 20 odd years ago when he was an assistant at Pompey?

Just based on when he's played against English teams in CL he's used a translator. He's gone on record that he can't speak the language fluently as he's hardly ever left France 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jamesp26 said:

Because Brighton are pissing all over us in the league, the cup and in Europe? 

When you consider the players he has at his disposal compared to the players Brendan has i would say Potter is doing very well at Brighton. 

They've only been beaten four times all season and have also drawn a lot of matches where they have battered teams. I think if he had the squad Rodgers has then a lot of them draws would turn into wins.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Nope?

Thought he did excellent for England and Swansea, and has now transformed Forest who looked like flirting with relegation in the first couple of months before he was hired. He'll go to someone in the Prem eventually and I think he'll do pretty well.

fair enough. how you can go for a guy who's doing ok in the championship seems like madness to me.

3 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

fair enough. how you can go for a guy who's doing ok in the championship seems like madness to me.

Everyone comes from somewhere, if he ends up at say Norwich, or Wolves, he'll cost about 10x what he would from Forest.

Another one I think may do ok in the Prem eventually is Mark Robins from Coventry, has done very well for them.

1 hour ago, Molson Canadian said:

Someone who can do this

lol bring him back.

33 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Be a while before Rodgers is gone. I honestly don’t feel like he’s under a lot of pressure while we have our best players injured and the owners will know this.

end of the season probably? if we get hammered tomorrow then that could be that.

I'm sure they would have backed him in the transfer window if he was going be here next season.

Edited by whoareyaaa