Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

I'd hope that Sormaz would be tasked with drawing up a shortlist.

He has come in very highly rated in analytics, I'd be fascinated to know what his remit is. Is it in regards to recruitment or analysis on our club and the opposition etc

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

lol bring him back.

end of the season probably? if we get hammered tomorrow then that could be that.

I'm sure they would have backed him in the transfer window if he was going be here next season.

Maybe there sensible owners who no there’s a massive premium buying players in January, summer is going to be a big job clearing a few out and bringing new in something that can’t be done in January. I can’t see us getting anything tomorrow but I also can’t see him getting sacked when our best players are out injured.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He has come in very highly rated in analytics, I'd be fascinated to know what his remit is. Is it in regards to recruitment or analysis on our club and the opposition etc

My impression is some recruitment and some analysis but would delegate most out. The problem analytics departments face is how much they’re listened to.

Typically, managers feel they always know best. Apparently Rodgers wanted Bertrand, I looked at his stats from last season whilst we were linked and they were horse wank.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

My impression is some recruitment and some analysis but would delegate most out. The problem analytics departments face is how much they’re listened to.

Typically, managers feel they always know best. Apparently Rodgers wanted Bertrand, I looked at his stats from last season whilst we were linked and they were horse wank.

Yes Bertrans had been an abomination since pre pandemic. Thomas has about 4 times the goals and assists as him since then and better defensive stats too.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

The next two games will determine the future of Mr Rodgers

I don't think the Liverpool game really counts- they are so beyond us, its unreal.

I think Rodgers needs 4/9 league points and to still be in Europe before we play Leeds.

Although ibwould have had him out already for that shit show vs Forest 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

I don't think the Liverpool game really counts- they are so beyond us, its unreal.

I think Rodgers needs 4/9 league points and to still be in Europe before we play Leeds.

Although ibwould have had him out already for that shit show vs Forest 

It would if he wins, and let’s face it.. be typical Leicester to give Liverpool a good drubbing after our spanking at forest.. only for us to get pasted by West Ham on Sunday

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

It would if he wins, and let’s face it.. be typical Leicester to give Liverpool a good drubbing after our spanking at forest.. only for us to get pasted by West Ham on Sunday

It wasn't a spanking.... it was a "Rodgering"

• Haha 2

The board will not sack Rodgers this season. He’s well liked and will be given a chance of 1 poor season i.e this one. He will then be given some time to reboot the squad and do the refresh. I think 7 or 8 will go given we got rid of no one last season. Big pressure on recruiting but I think Brendan will be here for 2 more seasons providing we don’t drop into the bottom 5 or 6. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Stadt said:

....you either buy into it or you don't!!!

If you are not predisposed to using data to go alongside your gut instincts then having them imparting their wisdom to you will only leave you to take little heed of  what ever they say. Pearson was heavily into this side of things and was happy to work with them. So long as you understand what you are seeing, then it is a great tool for taking us forward.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

The board will not sack Rodgers this season. He’s well liked and will be given a chance of 1 poor season i.e this one. He will then be given some time to reboot the squad and do the refresh. I think 7 or 8 will go given we got rid of no one last season. Big pressure on recruiting but I think Brendan will be here for 2 more seasons providing we don’t drop into the bottom 5 or 6. 

I sincerely hope you're wrong

• Like 3

He inherited a team full of relegation fodder and has assembled a team admired by many on a tight budget. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but he will definitely manage at a higher level. He speaks well and plays attractive football. Clearly has a good understanding of the game and is raved about by professionals.  His reputation was high before he went to Brighton.  Yes I think he would be a good choice given the options that would realistically be available. Personally I’m still in favour of keeping Brendan. I think he needs to do better in aspects and that improvement needs to be overseen by the board. The squad needs refreshing as he has stated but funds have understandably been tight and our injury situation atrocious. Even the best teams go through difficult periods. This is ours. If he still can’t sort things like set piece defending, injuring issues and team balance/recruitment then so be it and if we part then I’d give potter a chance. If he would come here. 

• Like 1