Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

I consider it not supporting the club if you want to prolong this downward trajectory :D

Ah, but if I may refer the honorable gentleman to this well known and trustworthy scientific principle, it can and will change

image.png.4da84feb22a2810d78038c6b7fce2b1d.png

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You lot all furtling with yourselves over Graham Potter will be the first to moan when we average about 40 goals a season and less than 10 wins. Yes he's doing quite well at last at Brighton but they've won 6 games out of 22 and scored only 23 goals, its absolutely vulgar stuff. 

I don't want to hear about it would be different with our strikers etc. He's not managed to improve a single midfielder, winger or striker at scoring goals at Brighton and its not as if they're some two bit club who never buy any players. He needs to do better.

Still think only looking at the goals scored at Brighton is misleading, away from Brighton bar a couple of seasons where his side were newly promoted in Sweden they were always one of the top scorers and he was pretty good in a rebuild job at Swansea.

3 minutes ago, seanymac said:

And the fan of the year award goes to....

The quicker he gets gone the better

For the greater good of the club

Any kind of result tonight will put any thoughts of sacking on the back burner a bit. 

The same happened to OGS at United- always pulling a result out of the hat when he needed it most. Ultimately all it was was kicking the can down the road, and eventually led to him being sacked anyway.  

• Like 1

Except Ole wasn't one of their most successful ever managers was he.  He's one of their least successful.   I agree the quicker B Rods gone the quicker we can get back to finish mid table, if not a relegation battle rather than battling for champs league and europe like we have done under Rogers. 

Edited by seanymac

26 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Still think only looking at the goals scored at Brighton is misleading, away from Brighton bar a couple of seasons where his side were newly promoted in Sweden they were always one of the top scorers and he was pretty good in a rebuild job at Swansea.

Maybe so, I've probably gone over the top in my criticism of Graham Potter but I do think you have to be harsh when considering a manager for a club with top 6 aspirations. We are a joke at the minute and defensively a mess but our expectations as a club is to be a team that scores a lot of goals, has a relatively reliable defence and wins a lot of football matches.

If we got a new manager who wasn't top drawer at getting his players to convert chances then they would be vilified here, it happened with Puel. For all Rodgers faults, his football is built on his teams scoring loads. He also managed to get us to have a solid defence too, hence our goal difference was in the +20 - 30's at one point. It cannot be underestimated just how difficult thst is to achieve as a manager.

People sticking up for Potter live to hide behind Brighton having inferior goalscoring midfielders, wingers and strikers than us but he's not improved the output of ANY of them. That's alarming for me. I get we do have better finishers but they've at times prior and during Rodgers tenure been very erratic and it's his ability at setting a team up to still convert the chances that shouldn't be swept aside. Potter has to improve in that regard and maybe he will given time and better players but it's not guaranteed and that's why I'm not as bowled over by him as many are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hales said:

I don't think Brendan is going anywhere. I think he will be given the summer transfer window to do his refresh of the team. 

I can’t wait to sign players of Vestergaard’s ilk on long term contracts, whilst shipping out some of the best players we’ve ever had 

Bring it on

🦊

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Maybe so, I've probably gone over the top in my criticism of Graham Potter but I do think you have to be harsh when considering a manager for a club with top 6 aspirations. We are a joke at the minute and defensively a mess but our expectations as a club is to be a team that scores a lot of goals, has a relatively reliable defence and wins a lot of football matches.

If we got a new manager who wasn't top drawer at getting his players to convert chances then they would be vilified here, it happened with Puel. For all Rodgers faults, his football is built on his teams scoring loads. He also managed to get us to have a solid defence too, hence our goal difference was in the +20 - 30's at one point. It cannot be underestimated just how difficult thst is to achieve as a manager.

People sticking up for Potter live to hide behind Brighton having inferior goalscoring midfielders, wingers and strikers than us but he's not improved the output of ANY of them. That's alarming for me. I get we do have better finishers but they've at times prior and during Rodgers tenure been very erratic and it's his ability at setting a team up to still convert the chances that shouldn't be swept aside. Potter has to improve in that regard and maybe he will given time and better players but it's not guaranteed and that's why I'm not as bowled over by him as many are.

Trossard and Mac Allister look almost certain to pass their previous best goal tallies and arguably Maupay has a chance of doing it as well. I'm not saying with should or shouldn't go after Potter but I don't think he'd be the worst option we could go for. 

Edited by Tommy Fresh

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

I can’t wait to sign players of Vestergaard’s ilk on long term contracts, whilst shipping out some of the best players we’ve ever had 

Bring it on

🦊

It's a massive worry! I just think he will get the time from Top.  There have obviously been discussion about the refresh for him to mention it and things seem to be turning sour with Youri and Cags.  Perez is also completely out of the picture.  

2 minutes ago, Hales said:

It's a massive worry! I just think he will get the time from Top.  There have obviously been discussion about the refresh for him to mention it and things seem to be turning sour with Youri and Cags.  Perez is also completely out of the picture.  

Yeah there must’ve been discussions by the sounds of it.

But I might make a plan with my boss regarding a job in June but get sacked in the meantime too. 

39 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Yeah there must’ve been discussions by the sounds of it.

But I might make a plan with my boss regarding a job in June but get sacked in the meantime too. 

It’s true, there is still ample opportunity for Brendan to continue the current trajectory and end up getting binned off.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Trossard and Mac Allister look almost certain to pass their previous best goal tallies and arguably Maupay has a chance of doing it as well. I'm not saying with should or shouldn't go after Potter but I don't think he'd be the worst option we could go for. 

They've scored 23 goals in 22 games, it's hideous

• Like 1
  • Haha 1