Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

13 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I hate 3 at the back so that’s why I’d swerve Potter. 

So many managers playing it now, it's making me go off football. Don't get me wrong there's a couple of clubs that do it well but by and large it's a one way ticket to scoring less goals and I ain't got time for that.

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So many managers playing it now, it's making me go off football. Don't get me wrong there's a couple of clubs that do it well but by and large it's a one way ticket to scoring less goals and I ain't got time for that.

We've got to be the worst example of how to play 3 at the back, concede possession, create less, invite pressure and look worse defending.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Michael Cox wrote a piece recently that fewer PL teams are using a 3 than ever over the past 6 or 7 years. We're one of the few that often do. I can maybe see the case if we had Pereira and Justin fit and three great CBs but we don't. We're just so turgid with a three.

It's a classic case of Rodgers thinking he has to pull something out the bag to beat a team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Michael Cox wrote a piece recently that fewer PL teams are using a 3 than ever over the past 6 or 7 years. We're one of the few that often do. I can maybe see the case if we had Pereira and Justin fit and three great CBs but we don't. We're just so turgid with a three.

It's a classic case of Rodgers thinking he has to pull something out the bag to beat a team.

That's surprising, it seems to be used a lot abroad and if you look in the Championship and lower almost every team is using it which is disappointing.

Yeah, we don't have the players for it, never have done it's bizarre. All we do have are more than 1 very very good striker so the temptation is to use that to be able to play 2 of them which is moronic when there's other systems that utilise 2 strikers.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

The board will not sack Rodgers this season. He’s well liked and will be given a chance of 1 poor season i.e this one. He will then be given some time to reboot the squad and do the refresh. I think 7 or 8 will go given we got rid of no one last season. Big pressure on recruiting but I think Brendan will be here for 2 more seasons providing we don’t drop into the bottom 5 or 6. 

I'm inclined to agree, though more for financial reasons. He's on a reported  15m a year with 3 years left on his contract. 

That means yours looking at a potential cost of 45m at worst but more like 30 mil by agreement. Both big sums to a club like us. We're not Utd or Chelsea.

Then a new manager has to be brought in at what cost. 10 to 20 Million if he has to be bought out from another Club.

That's potentially a 50 m hit in the Summer. Given our other commitments Seagrove and KP rebuild we cannot afford that type of money.  With no guarantee that things would get any better. 

to get rid of Brendan would gravely impact on our ability to buy and spend on players at a time we clearly need a few to add to the quality we have.

I think Brendan will be given the chance to rebuild and clear out a lot of the squad for the reason you say, The Owners like him and he has delivered some success like the FA Cup, Charity Shield and decent league positions. Which should not be forgotten.

The worry I have is, aside from a few players, we clearly have too many players that nobody wants and on good contracts. This alone makes them unattractive to other clubs never mind their ability issues.  We may have to be creative in how we sort out this mess, But go they must.

A lot of it is of his own making. This summer is not the time to be looking for potential. We need to sign players with proven quality to come in and do a specific job be it a CB or Winger. They also need to  have an athletic frame at least 6ft tall and have pace.

Is Brendan the man to deliver that honestly I'm not sure , Can he get the squad back onside ? That's the dilemma for the Owners. 

I guess how we perform in the final Months of the season will tell us a lot. I think he will be given the chance to try and correct things.

Let's all keep the faith and hope he can.

57 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm inclined to agree, though more for financial reasons. He's on a reported  15m a year with 3 years left on his contract. 

That means yours looking at a potential cost of 45m at worst but more like 30 mil by agreement. Both big sums to a club like us. We're not Utd or Chelsea.

Then a new manager has to be brought in at what cost. 10 to 20 Million if he has to be bought out from another Club.

That's potentially a 50 m hit in the Summer. Given our other commitments Seagrove and KP rebuild we cannot afford that type of money.  With no guarantee that things would get any better. 

to get rid of Brendan would gravely impact on our ability to buy and spend on players at a time we clearly need a few to add to the quality we have.

I think Brendan will be given the chance to rebuild and clear out a lot of the squad for the reason you say, The Owners like him and he has delivered some success like the FA Cup, Charity Shield and decent league positions. Which should not be forgotten.

The worry I have is, aside from a few players, we clearly have too many players that nobody wants and on good contracts. This alone makes them unattractive to other clubs never mind their ability issues.  We may have to be creative in how we sort out this mess, But go they must.

A lot of it is of his own making. This summer is not the time to be looking for potential. We need to sign players with proven quality to come in and do a specific job be it a CB or Winger. They also need to  have an athletic frame at least 6ft tall and have pace.

Is Brendan the man to deliver that honestly I'm not sure , Can he get the squad back onside ? That's the dilemma for the Owners. 

I guess how we perform in the final Months of the season will tell us a lot. I think he will be given the chance to try and correct things.

Let's all keep the faith and hope he can.

Would you let a manager loose with the transfer kitty knowing that he’s starting slagging his players off, and bar Daka spent this seasons funds very badly.

We have been poor for 12 months now, players are starting to regress.

It comes to a point now I have no faith in the manager, I go to all the home games and the occasional away, I turn up  and I just don’t expect us to win that carnt be right especially when we’re playing the so called weaker teams, that’s what we have become 

People keep saying he will turn it around, do you honestly believe that we’re so disjointed it’s alarming , the defence is a shambles, midfield cannot cope with physical sides, we have become to reliant on wingers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dayday said:

Would you let a manager loose with the transfer kitty knowing that he’s starting slagging his players off, and bar Daka spent this seasons funds very badly.

It comes to a point now I have no faith in the manager, I go to all the home games and the occasional away, I turn up  and I just don’t expect us to win that carnt be right especially when we’re playing the so called weaker teams, that’s what we have become 

People keep saying he will turn it around, do you honestly believe that we’re so disjointed it’s alarming , the defence is a shambles, midfield cannot cope with physical sides, we have become to reliant on wingers.

Tonight will be the test, are the players playing for him or not ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

"We can't sack him because it'll cost us a lot of money", it'll cost us more in the long run by keeping him.

.....totally agree, we allow him to rebuild and then pull the trigger and it will cost us millions as the incoming manager might not suit what he inherits!!!

We will still have to pay him off and his staff and source a new manager having spent over £70m on players.

It is a big call and a gamble for Top to make.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dayday said:

I cant disagree with anything you say. He's made so many mistakes it seems ridiculous for a so called top manager.

I just feel given our commitments we cant afford to spend heavily over the next couple of years.

I think he'll be here until the end of the season unless results go badly.

Tonight they at least have to turn up and show some pride in the Shirt.

1 hour ago, dayday said:

18 minutes ago, Stadt said:

"We can't sack him because it'll cost us a lot of money", it'll cost us more in the long run by keeping him.

We wouldn't be the first club who kept a manager just while he ran down his contract. Assuming he can keep us in the Prem.

The bigger problem is who comes in to replace him that takes us forward. That has to be a big name or someone like Cooper.

How do we get rid of the players that no one wants bar a couple. This is the biggest problem we have.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Another problem is that the lack of success will mean no other clubs will want him. So know one is going to take him off our hands

That’s what I think where would he go after Leicester City? No wonder he don’t want to leave because no big clubs will want him now. He will want to try and turn this mess around otherwise he will end up at a lower side than Leicester.