Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

4 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm inclined to agree, though more for financial reasons. He's on a reported  15m a year with 3 years left on his contract. 

That means yours looking at a potential cost of 45m at worst but more like 30 mil by agreement. Both big sums to a club like us. We're not Utd or Chelsea.

Then a new manager has to be brought in at what cost. 10 to 20 Million if he has to be bought out from another Club.

That's potentially a 50 m hit in the Summer. Given our other commitments Seagrove and KP rebuild we cannot afford that type of money.  With no guarantee that things would get any better. 

to get rid of Brendan would gravely impact on our ability to buy and spend on players at a time we clearly need a few to add to the quality we have.

I think Brendan will be given the chance to rebuild and clear out a lot of the squad for the reason you say, The Owners like him and he has delivered some success like the FA Cup, Charity Shield and decent league positions. Which should not be forgotten.

The worry I have is, aside from a few players, we clearly have too many players that nobody wants and on good contracts. This alone makes them unattractive to other clubs never mind their ability issues.  We may have to be creative in how we sort out this mess, But go they must.

A lot of it is of his own making. This summer is not the time to be looking for potential. We need to sign players with proven quality to come in and do a specific job be it a CB or Winger. They also need to  have an athletic frame at least 6ft tall and have pace.

Is Brendan the man to deliver that honestly I'm not sure , Can he get the squad back onside ? That's the dilemma for the Owners. 

I guess how we perform in the final Months of the season will tell us a lot. I think he will be given the chance to try and correct things.

Let's all keep the faith and hope he can.

Agree with everything you have said apart from the bit about being 6ft as mandatory. That would normally be a bonus but I look at some 6ft + players and they are not giving us what we really lack e.g. leadership and aggression. If Messi turned up, all 5'6" of him I wouldn't turn him away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ely fox said:

That’s what I think where would he go after Leicester City? No wonder he don’t want to leave because no big clubs will want him now. He will want to try and turn this mess around otherwise he will end up at a lower side than Leicester.

On the contrary I wouldn’t rule someone like United having him. Or Tottenham.

Wherever he goes he’ll do well initially. His problem is that he’s got a short shelf life as a manager at anyone club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oxtonfox said:

Agree with everything you have said apart from the bit about being 6ft as mandatory. That would normally be a bonus but I look at some 6ft + players and they are not giving us what we really lack e.g. leadership and aggression. If Messi turned up, all 5'6" of him I wouldn't turn him away. 

I take your point about Messi, But he's a one off but even he leaves the others to do his battling and give him the ball.

You've got to have muscle in the team, That's why West Ham and Liverpool are doing so well. When the football doesn't work they just wear teams down by the physical challenges they put in. This is where we are sadly lacking and I have a theory that Brendan is intimidated by such players but It's just my opinion.

We need to improve the Balance of the team come the Summer with pace and power as well as skill.

• Like 1

I really hope we don't go down the possesion obsessed straight out of UEFA Coaching university type again... We all want something different, someone who doesn't mind counter attacking or pressing with plenty of aggression. Under the last two managers, we have become sideways f.c., I cannot take anymore of that

Edited by lcfceaves
  • Like 1

Arne Slot please, quickly jumped ship from AZ to go to Feyenoord so we could probably tempt him over. Has had both sides playing good football, and brought through some serious talent at AZ. Also he'll go under the radar whilst ten Hag is still at Ajax. Not sure if you've ever mentioned him@Ric Flair

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Arne Slot please, quickly jumped ship from AZ to go to Feyenoord so we could probably tempt him over. Has had both sides playing good football, and brought through some serious talent at AZ. Also he'll go under the radar whilst ten Hag is still at Ajax. Not sure if you've ever mentioned him@Ric Flair

Respect the craft

• Like 1

If we could intise him, I would go for Ralph Hasenhüttel. Hilarious that I am suggesting a manager of a team who we slapped 9-0, but I think he could be a good fit for us. His teams have a way of playing with high intensity which is good to watch and I think he could inject some much needed life into us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

If we could intise him, I would go for Ralph Hasenhüttel. Hilarious that I am suggesting a manager of a team who we slapped 9-0, but I think he could be a good fit for us. His teams have a way of playing with high intensity which is good to watch and I think he could inject some much needed life into us. 

No way he wants see Vestergaard and Bertrand again, who he got rid of because they couldn't play his style of high press with pace football.

Plus with Saints new owners who want them to be like the Redbull teams.... Hasenhuttl fits perfectly and he also says he will retire from management after Southampton

9 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Thought it was interesting last night that after they beat Spurs he talked about their team spirit specifically THIS season; how everyone was working harder this season and pulling in the same direction. It implied it hasn't always been that way. Two of their major departures obviously joined us and look where we are now.....

Maybe I'm being harsh but Saints fans were extremely critical of Ryan Bertrand for downing tools last season and Jannick Vestergaard is....well...Jannick Vestergaard unfortunately. Our team spirit doesn't look all that either. I'm not saying it's all down to those two, just thought Hassenhutl's comments were interesting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

I very highly rate him, his transfer record reads something like 60m in 3 seasons, done well considering. 

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Our poaching personel from Southampton is going soooo well.................. lol

• Like 1