Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

If we could intise him, I would go for Ralph Hasenhüttel. Hilarious that I am suggesting a manager of a team who we slapped 9-0, but I think he could be a good fit for us. His teams have a way of playing with high intensity which is good to watch and I think he could inject some much needed life into us. 

...emphatically no, lose 9-0 once you do not do that again, but he did in a year!!!

It just goes to show that within his set up there is the tendency for his team to fall apart spectacularly. He would have been out the door the first time, if he was here. The fact that he is still there is either desperation by his club or he has a forgiving chairman.

• Like 1

Given how hard we negotiate on transfers to save a million, we not going to sack Rodgers this easily, so I agree with Hales, he will be here all season, there is a chance he leaves on mutual consent terms, otherwise he will be given next season as well, as his contract dwindles down, sacking him becomes cheaper, and if we ever go in the bottom 5 is what I think it would take.

...Favre very much the man to take over from Rodgers!!!

The transition will not be noticeable as the way Favre plays is the way Rodgers tries to play or did play when we are at our best. The DCM is a big factor in the success of how he wants to play and his ability on the ball is what he has tried to covert Ndidi into.

He plays an attacking game where at 60 minutes he seeks to exploit tiring defences. Very much Rodgers but better and more efficient. Plays with a back 4 and out of possession is a 4-14-1.

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Favre very much the man to take over from Rodgers!!!

The transition will not be noticeable as the way Favre plays is the way Rodgers tries to play or did play when we are at our best. The DCM is a big factor in the success of how he wants to play and his ability on the ball is what he has tried to covert Ndidi into.

He plays an attacking game where at 60 minutes he seeks to exploit tiring defences. Very much Rodgers but better and more efficient. Plays with a back 4 and out of possession is a 4-14-1.

I remember when this was Rodgers 3 years ago! "Always try to score whether it's the 1st minute or the 90th"

Now the motto is "if we score, cling onto that goal for dear life by making weird decisions and just throwing on more defensive players, regardless of shape"

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I have a horrible feeling about Benitez being available

Oh don’t. This should be an exciting time for the club with our academy talent and Daka and Fofana etc. It’s annoying we have to watch drab displays managed by a manager who reached his peak with us and wants out.

Just now, Foxxed said:

Oh don’t. This should be an exciting time for the club with our academy talent and Daka and Fofana etc. It’s annoying we have to watch drab displays managed by a manager who reached his peak with us and wants out.

He was strongly considered when we went for Rodgers and I could see us only being willing to bin Rodgers now if we've a degree of safety in whom we can get " short term ". He's available and as you say, his lack of regard for academy players and young players in general means he is so unsuitable here and yet you just know he'll be the main target. An absolute abomination at getting his teams to score goals and we don't have the defenders for him to shit house 1-0 wins either.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I very highly rate him, his transfer record reads something like 60m in 3 seasons, done well considering. 

I wanted Ralph as well, before we got Rodgers... then a few months later we pumped them 9-0 lol

But it was the idea of a German coach who insisted upon the press, aggression, and quick transitions... everything Rodgers was for a short time. Everything Puel wasn't. 

When Nigel got us playing at our best towards the end of the great escape, that is exactly what we did. We got after teams, scared them to death with the amount of pressing we were doing. 

Now we play a high line, but don't press. It doesn't make sense, and for that reason, I have been in the minority and wanting Rodgers out for almost 18 months. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I have a horrible feeling about Benitez being available

....I really do not think we would go there!!!

I believe the owners are now clued up enough to know the markets and the managers to keep away from. The reaction that that would generate would be a pointer for them to avoid at all cost.

A few on here will likely see him as an option, but he has been a journeyman for some time now.

4 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

I wanted Ralph as well, before we got Rodgers... then a few months later we pumped them 9-0 lol

But it was the idea of a German coach who insisted upon the press, aggression, and quick transitions... everything Rodgers was for a short time. Everything Puel wasn't. 

When Nigel got us playing at our best towards the end of the great escape, that is exactly what we did. We got after teams, scared them to death with the amount of pressing we were doing. 

Now we play a high line, but don't press. It doesn't make sense, and for that reason, I have been in the minority and wanting Rodgers out for almost 18 months. 

He is from

Austria not Germany.