Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

Rodgers is still more likely to move upwards than get sacked IMO. To be clear, I want him to stay and work through this current hardship. 

That said, to answer the question purely for amusement:

Fantasy replacement: ten Hag 

"Realistic" replacement: Thomas Frank, almost surprised he's not been mentioned more. Would much prefer him to Potter. 

Edit: Gasperini is a great shout but probably still in fantasyland. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It's funny how there's a general consensus you should never discuss future managers but it's fine to discuss future transfers in and out.

If and when Rodgers goes, we don't need a stop gap to steady the ship we need another manager who is better than average and can continue trying to progress this club. We aren't yet as assured in bringing managers in as we perhaps are at building success behind the scenes but maybe I'm being a little unfair. Rodgers has been a hugely successful appointment and you could argue Puel was good for certain things that go unappreciated but he was the pits and Shakespeare on a permanent deal was poor as well. So it's still very much a massive unknown on what the club would do when Rodgers goes. Having to pay him off would be unthinkable and would then likely leave us looking for managers currently out of work, which I could see us turning to Frank Lampard. 

I'd like a future manager who is renown for aggressive football and not afraid to build his team with an edge, ideally he'd have a great track record at developing young players too. I've long admired the football Roger Schmidt gets his teams playing, likewise Marco Rose.

If we want a piece of work then Gattuso would be box office but there's unfinished business here for Cambiasso, he needs a gig before coming here though IMO.

Rino for me would be an absolute dream personally. 

As many on here know, I grew up a Rangers fan and the very first season I got my own season book was the year he signed and he was instantly my favourite player which said ALOT considering the absolute legends that where in that team... Goram, Gough Albertz, Laudrup, Gascoigne, Durie, McCoist...

Always had a wee spot for him. It was also him that kicked off my love for CDM's.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

I will add though...

If Rodgers was sacked, we all know that it would be Lampard taking over, no doubt in my mind about that so all you wanting BR gone, be careful what you wish for. 

I think it would be Lampard too if it happened in the next few months.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Ruben Amorim if he does go but I want us to give Brendan a chance, its been a very poor start but he has been a brilliant manager for us since he came in and more than capable to turn it around. 

Can’t see any problems with hiring a coach from Sporting Lisbon after the success with Silva and Slimani…….

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Esteban Cambiasso.  Would love him to be involved somewhere along the line.

Would be great, I remember some players in our squad saying that he had such a positive influence on them by guiding them to play when they had difficulties etc. He is young and knowledgeable and lots of teams around Europe and South America are having success adopting young fresh managers.

46 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Rodgers is still more likely to move upwards than get sacked IMO. To be clear, I want him to stay and work through this current hardship. 

That said, to answer the question purely for amusement:

Fantasy replacement: ten Hag 

"Realistic" replacement: Thomas Frank, almost surprised he's not been mentioned more. Would much prefer him to Potter. 

Edit: Gasperini is a great shout but probably still in fantasyland. 

Frank would be my second choice, mainly because I've seen what Potter can do for a full season where as Frank is just a hand full of games in

We all know it's not going to happen (the sack) even though I have lost faith in him because the options out there are shite. When people mention Pearson,howe,potter etc it means we will go backwards. For know Rodgers is the best option but really needs to stop being so stubborn we have just got to hope the  injuries we have got at this moment in time subside and improve in the future just like 15/16 season.

Edited by lcfc cowboys

Conte would be a fairly easy acquisition, supposing Top loads up on rope, rags, and chloroform. As for me, I'm all for Potter. It's not just the way he has his teams play, it's also his background and journey that appeals to me. When you consider these things, along with the kind of family ethos present within the club, he'd be a perfect fit.