Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

5 minutes ago, Shane said:

Completely forgot about that AZ Alkmaar team.. Arne had them playing some fantastic football. Koopmeiners, Stengs, Boadu, etc were a delight to watch!

The fact AZ binned him because he'd arranged to join Feyenoord, surely means if we really wanted to he has that in him to make a move to better his career.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

43 minutes ago, Shane said:

Completely forgot about that AZ Alkmaar team.. Arne had them playing some fantastic football. Koopmeiners, Stengs, Boadu, etc were a delight to watch!

Yes, I hadn't appreciated he'd left after 2019/20. That AZ team of that year was my favourite European team along with Frankfurt the year before.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes, I hadn't appreciated he'd left after 2019/20. That AZ team of that year was my favourite European team along with Frankfurt the year before.

Sacked him in December 2020 because of him 'talking' to Feyenoord or at least declaring his interest 😂

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

The dream 😂 pick up Wijndal fron AZ as well. Although I did read an article where Stengs says they were right to sack him, he also says how good he was etc but how they wanted to compete with teams like Feyenoord 

Wijndal has all the hallmarks of a superb leader and attacking full back. Our full back position is somewhat of a conundrum but he's going right to the very top.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Wijndal has all the hallmarks of a superb leader and attacking full back. Our full back position is somewhat of a conundrum but he's going right to the very top.

If Castagne is likely to be off having Justin and Ricardo as right sided options and Wijndal and Thomas as our left ones would be obscene.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Love that he sticks to his system like Tuchel, Conte, Klopp etc. Likes to play 4-3-3 week in week out. 

Non of this tactical flexibility nonsense that only Man City have the players for. 

Quite! I sometimes wonder if Rodgers' training sessions go like this:

1- Orders everyone to play like Man City do.

2- We lose or capitulate and Rodgers tells them that they didn't win because they didn't play like Man City.

3- Repeat stage 1 and and usually stage 2.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

...he looks very useful and very very attacking!!!

His stats does not truly reflects the amount of chances he has created. 1 goal and 8 assists in 20 games, it should be double as poor finishing and his team mates not reading his cut backs and missing out. Any drive to the goal line results in a cutback to the penalty spot but they (team mates) end up infront of or behind the ball. He has the habit of shooting when he needs to supply but he will learn in due course.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he looks very useful and very very attacking!!!

His stats does not truly reflects the amount of chances he has created. 1 goal and 8 assists in 20 games, it should be double as poor finishing and his team mates not reading his cut backs and missing out. Any drive to the goal line results in a cutback to the penalty spot but they (team mates) end up infront of or behind the ball. He has the habit of shooting when he needs to supply but he will learn in due course.

He's Holland's 1st choice left back as well for well over a year which is impressive.

Only problem is, like Stengs and Boadu, Raiola snapped them all up and no way we enter in to business with that man.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He's Holland's 1st choice left back as well for well over a year which is impressive.

Only problem is, like Stengs and Boadu, Raiola snapped them all up and no way we enter in to business with that man.

Just remembered Feyenoord are in the Conference League, our best hope of getting Slot would be drawing Feyenoord at some stage and the owners being impressed with him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

I really can't see the club going for someone on the continent. 

Based on past appointments whom have to have had some form of PL experience narrows the field down if we look at managers currently out of work.

Villas-Boas (possibly keen)

Benitez (oh good god no)

Koeman (no)

Nuno Santos (meh)

Solskjaer (I'd rather die)

There's plenty of interesting managers without PL experience though and I wish if we make a mid season appointment that isn't currently with a club that we'd be willing to waiver the requirement of past PL management.

Lucien Favre (keen)

Rudi Garcia (quite keen)

Diego Martinez (intruiging)

Ernesto Valverde (keen)

Jesse Marche (could be persuaded)

Jorge Jesus (no comment)

Gennaro Gattuso (maverick nutter)

Andrea Pirlo (wild punt)

Paulo Fonseca (possibly could do well)

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Based on past appointments whom have to have had some form of PL experience narrows the field down if we look at managers currently out of work.

Villas-Boas (possibly keen)

Benitez (oh good god no)

Koeman (no)

Nuno Santos (meh)

Solskjaer (I'd rather die)

There's plenty of interesting managers without PL experience though and I wish if we make a mid season appointment that isn't currently with a club that we'd be willing to waiver the requirement of past PL management.

Lucien Favre (keen)

Rudi Garcia (quite keen)

Diego Martinez (intruiging)

Ernesto Valverde (keen)

Jesse Marche (could be persuaded)

Jorge Jesus (no comment)

Gennaro Gattuso (maverick nutter)

Andrea Pirlo (wild punt)

Paulo Fonseca (possibly could do well)

I think we will go European next too - and that bottom list is pretty attractive.

Marsch, Martinez, Favre or Fonseca would be great.

I'd also look at Arne Slot as mentioned in this thread, and Roger Schmidt who's at PSV - has already said he's leaving in the summer.

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

1. Diego Martinez, if he hasn't already got a agreement Leeds I'm the summer.

2. Arne Slot,  looks exciting.. as afew have mentioned here.

3. Steve Cooper, done wonders on a budget and gets rid of deadwood quickly

The fume from that lot if we nicked their manager is worth it alone 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think we are a difficult job for anyone to come in too. In the sense of fans expectations. 

Are we seen as a must qualify for Europe or be sacked sort of club? 

I know must of the fan base aren't but there is an element who will be demanding we challenge for top 4. 

4th spot is wide open and has been for the past couple of years that should be the target for a club like us.

• Like 1