Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

8 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think we are a difficult job for anyone to come in too. In the sense of fans expectations. 

Are we seen as a must qualify for Europe or be sacked sort of club? 

I know must of the fan base aren't but there is an element who will be demanding we challenge for top 4. 

There's a poster in the Rodgers thread actively talking about top 4. That's what a manager has to deal with here. 

30 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Target yes, but expectation?

Not expectation but certainly target, I know we are competing with several clubs for European places and we have no divine right to be Top 4 contention but it’s not as if we have a bad squad of players. Where we are in the table is pretty underwhelming.

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Not expectation but certainly target, I know we are competing with several clubs for European places and we have no divine right to be Top 4 contention but it’s not as if we have a bad squad of players. Where we are in the table is pretty underwhelming.

I think underwhelming is a pretty fair description of this season. 

I'd agree we should contenders, but I don't think not being should be a sacking offence instantly. The problem we have with Rodgers is the lack of plan to rectify issues and it appears we are only going one way. 

On 07/12/2021 at 12:04, Stadt said:

Diego Martinez.

Got Granada promoted in his first season there and they finished 7th in their first season back up in La Liga.

Took them to the quarters of the Europa League (Knocked out Napoli) where they lost to Man United as well as the Copa Del Rey 1/4s.

Verein & Funktion Appointed In charge until Days in charge Matches W D L Players used ø-Goals PPM
Granada CF Granada CF
Manager
18/19 (Jul 1, 2018)  20/21 (Jun 30, 2021)  1095 Days 146 69 30 47 58 1.38 : 1.14 1.62
CA Osasuna CA Osasuna
Manager
17/18 (Jul 1, 2017)  17/18 (Jun 30, 2018)  364 Days 44 17 16 11 27 1.07 : 0.84 1.52
Sevilla Atlético Sevilla Atl.
Manager
14/15 (Jul 1, 2014)  16/17 (Jun 30, 2017)  1095 Days 124 43 48 33 52 1.22 : 1.03 1.43

I wasn't sure if he speaks English, he does and it looks like he's angling for a move here. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/nov/29/diego-martinez-i-saw-english-football-and-i-had-to-experience-it

More background on him and their style of play. 7th and 9th placed finishes with the lowest wage budget in the league, given that some on here think wage budget is almost 100% deterministic that's good news.

https://breakingthelines.com/manager-analysis/diego-martinez-the-messiah-of-granada/

Ticks most of the boxes imo. If we want a 'name' we're idiots.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

The fans expectations can only be based on the owners expectations, they wanted us to be a top 5 club.

We have succeeded in that, won the league and the FA cup and reached  the semi final of the EFL and won the Charity Shield. We have been easily the strongest club outside of the top six and better than Arsenal and Spurs over the last six years on average. So we have ticked most of the owners boxes. We will not continue to challenge though without massive investment.. If people on here think we have established a new norm they will be disappointed. However we can cement ourselves in the top half if we spend our money wisely and for people like me that is pretty damn good. We have had to endure too many ups and downs over too many years to want to go back to that.

I've been talking of Diego Martínez for a while. We should act quickly and get him for next season imo. Leeds will if we don't. Hes a young versatile coach who's used to not be at the very top. Getting granada to where he got them both in the league and the europa league is like getting Palace there for context.. They're in danger of relegation this year without him 

1 minute ago, NasPb said:

I've been talking of Diego Martínez for a while. We should act quickly and get him for next season imo. Leeds will if we don't. Hes a young versatile coach who's used to not be at the very top. Getting granada to where he got them both in the league and the europa league is like getting Palace there for context.. They're in danger of relegation this year without him 

Not that it is the be all and end all but do you know if he speaks English?

17 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Still a fan of Oliver Glasner meself. Think he'd do a job here

Did a good job at Wolfsburg, watched them a fair bit last season and they were great to watch, especially during that period where they got about 10 clean sheets in a row

Took a while to get going with A LOT of draws at the start but still only 6 losses since August I think? Andre Silva was a massive loss though and doesn’t look like he really got any money to replace him, just a loanee from Atalanta and Santos Borre on a free, both of which have been average/poor

Edited by moore_94

44 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Not that it is the be all and end all but do you know if he speaks English?

He did an interview in the guardian, believe it or not he toured England recently. Did so when we lost to the hammers 4-1,and he watched various matches. May not be 100% fluent but certainly speaks it well I'd say. Just based upon the written piece. Maybe like mourinho level