Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

40 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Not that it is the be all and end all but do you know if he speaks English?

He does, there's an interview in the Guardian (IIRC) where he watched a load of games over here, watched us lose 4-1 West Ham and was won the train with our fans ffs lol 

found it

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/nov/29/diego-martinez-i-saw-english-football-and-i-had-to-experience-it

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Did a good job at Wolfsburg, watched them a fair bit last season and they were great to watch, especially during that period where they got about 10 clean sheets in a row

Took a while to get going with A LOT of draws at the start but still only 6 losses since August I think? Andre Silva was a massive loss though and doesn’t look like he really got any money to replace him, just a loanee from Atalanta and Santos Borre on a free, both of which have been average/poor

Yep. Losing a striker like that will cause any new manager problems, though Glasner obviously felt he could still do the job.

His Wolfsburg team were excellent to watch last season, which is why I was quite surprised he left in the summer considering their top 4 finish.

On another note, what were Wolsfburg thinking hiring Florian Kohfelt, blokes useless!

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Bruno Genesio from Rennes please and thank you

Can bring Doku and Bade with him as well

I would be very concerned football from Ligue 1 doesnt translate well enough to the prem. We have seen many come and fail. its probably the most opposite to our league possible.  No shade at the manager himself, just concerns over the method translation.  Managers coming from Germany as an example tend to be a much better fit 

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I would be very concerned football from Ligue 1 doesnt translate well enough to the prem. We have seen many come and fail. its probably the most opposite to our league possible.  No shade at the manager himself, just concerns over the method translation.  Managers coming from Germany as an example tend to be a much better fit 

Not sure on that. Vieira doing well with palace. Wenger and Houllier both successful. I would take Rudi Garcia and he’s spent majority of his career in France. 

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

He does, there's an interview in the Guardian (IIRC) where he watched a load of games over here, watched us lose 4-1 West Ham and was won the train with our fans ffs lol 

found it

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/nov/29/diego-martinez-i-saw-english-football-and-i-had-to-experience-it

Comes across very well in that. I’ve gone from knowing nothing about him to gerrimin over the course of one Guardian article!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Imagine if Brighton had Vardy, daka or iheanacho. Now imagine he had all 3.

im not saying he would necessarily come but he would be excellent 

The difference between us and Brighton, in terms of how they progress the ball, is night and day.

We're surviving on individual quality...Whereas I think Potter would really turn us into a completely different animal.

Works with a very similar recruitment style as what we were used to for years, before Rodgers went mental.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Stadt said:

found it

‘Don’t overplay’

He definitely didn’t ever go to the King Power did he 😂

9716448D-4243-4D63-A390-B8B989B6B007.png

13 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

The difference between us and Brighton, in terms of how they progress the ball, is night and day.

We're surviving on individual quality...Whereas I think Potter would really turn us into a completely different animal.

Works with a very similar recruitment style as what we were used to for years, before Rodgers went mental.

not allowed to mention this mate - his sides don't score goals :nigel:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They don't win football matches much either. He'd be hated here within a year without huge improvement on his part (which he maybe capable of)

if he had Vardy, Daka & Nacho instead of the likes of Maupay they would score plenty of goals

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

if he had Vardy, Daka & Nacho instead of the likes of Maupay they would score plenty of goals

Yes it's always as simple as that, don't know what all the fuss is about managers. That's why none of our issues are Brendan's fault either. 

I could give you a dossier of why Brighton don't score goals under Potter and its not just because none of his midfielders, wingers or strikers can score, its because collectively the systems and style of football Potter plays isn't conducive with high scoring football teams. But I've argued this so much already.

He'll never win a major trophy in English football, and I'll die on this hill.

• Like 1

On 14/02/2022 at 15:46, Stadt said:

found it

I read that in Guillem Balague’s accent 😂

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes it's always as simple as that, don't know what all the fuss is about managers. That's why none of our issues are Brendan's fault either. 

I could give you a dossier of why Brighton don't score goals under Potter and its not just because none of his midfielders, wingers or strikers can score, its because collectively the systems and style of football Potter plays isn't conducive with high scoring football teams. But I've argued this so much already.

He'll never win a major trophy in English football, and I'll die on this hill.

you are obsessed with high scoring football teams. A lot of the moaning about Brendan is he can't keep us solid - Potter is proving he can remain solid whilst creating plenty of chances up the other end, at some point it is going to click.

He probably won't win a major trophy without moving to a much bigger side, and you know that, but getting an unfancied side to play good possession football, ranking in the top 6 in the league in plenty key metrics, and having them sit top half at this stage of the season are achievements in themselves

you are completely wrong on this one

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dave Fishwick said:

you are obsessed with high scoring football teams. A lot of the moaning about Brendan is he can't keep us solid - Potter is proving he can remain solid whilst creating plenty of chances up the other end, at some point it is going to click.

He probably won't win a major trophy without moving to a much bigger side, and you know that, but getting an unfancied side to play good possession football, ranking in the top 6 in the league in plenty key metrics, and having them sit top half at this stage of the season are achievements in themselves

you are completely wrong on this one

I make no apologies for liking my football teams to score goals, I'm greedy though and want them to defend well which basically means I demand my team to be one of the best in the country which I have to accept isn't realistic or sustainable really post these years of success.

However what I do know is that the 32 years of supporting this team and certainly in the last decade is our fan base don't take kindly to not scoring very often, seen it time and time again. We'd not tolerate a manager who got his teams only scoring about a goal a game.

And although my first point about it not being realistic for us to always be challenging the top 6, we did have and hopefully still can have the momentum and progression to challenge in this current era for as long as possible and to be a top 6 challenging team you simply have to score a lot of goals and that's why Potter as of yet doesn't have the track record. I don't think he'd do well here. Fair play to him for finally getting Brighton from being a very bad team at actually getting results in the Premier League. Although they still don't win enough games yet, another reason why he's just nowhere near got the credentials yet to warrant being considered for a top 6 chasing team.

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I make no apologies for liking my football teams to score goals, I'm greedy though and want them to defend well which basically means I demand my team to be one of the best in the country which I have to accept isn't realistic or sustainable really post these years of success.

However what I do know is that the 32 years of supporting this team and certainly in the last decade is our fan base don't take kindly to not scoring very often, seen it time and time again. We'd not tolerate a manager who got his teams only scoring about a goal a game.

And although my first point about it not being realistic for us to always be challenging the top 6, we did have and hopefully still can have the momentum and progression to challenge in this current era for as long as possible and to be a top 6 challenging team you simply have to score a lot of goals and that's why Potter as of yet doesn't have the track record. I don't think he'd do well here. Fair play to him for finally getting Brighton from being a very bad team at actually getting results in the Premier League. Although they still don't win enough games yet, another reason why he's just nowhere near got the credentials yet to warrant being considered for a top 6 chasing team.

I too think you’re wrong about Potter - not my first choice but far from my last.  But irrespective, given the board’s known obsession with “PL experience” who in your esteemed opinion can we realistically hope to get who’s better?