Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

12 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I too think you’re wrong about Potter - not my first choice but far from my last.  But irrespective, given the board’s known obsession with “PL experience” who in your esteemed opinion can we realistically hope to get who’s better?

Well therein lies the problem, if they have to have PL experience there's going to be an element of either them being unproven or there's an element of failure somewhere along the way.

Villas-Boas is available. I'd hate us to go for Benitez or Koeman. 

The two most realistic currently in the PL are obviously Potter or Hassenhuttl. Both of them have their strengths and weaknesses.

I'd personally look further afield to get a manager who has the necessary credentials to get a team challenging for the top 6, as well as a track record with young players especially coming through the academy. Arne Slot at Feyenoord has peaked my interest, but Lucien Favre has the track record and experience for us to go with someone who might only be here for a couple of years but that's perhaps all we need whilst we rebuild. His record with young players is spot on.

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Well therein lies the problem, if they have to have PL experience there's going to be an element of either them being unproven or there's an element of failure somewhere along the way.

Villas-Boas is available. I'd hate us to go for Benitez or Koeman. 

The two most realistic currently in the PL are obviously Potter or Hassenhuttl. Both of them have their strengths and weaknesses.

I'd personally look further afield to get a manager who has the necessary credentials to get a team challenging for the top 6, as well as a track record with young players especially coming through the academy. Arne Slot at Feyenoord has peaked my interest, but Lucien Favre has the track record and experience for us to go with someone who might only be here for a couple of years but that's perhaps all we need whilst we rebuild. His record with young players is spot on.

I would look to the continent as well, because there are a gaggle of good managers we could realistically target and I don't give a rat's ass about PL experience.  But if seems as if the club considers it a prerequisite, which hugely limits our options.  I like Hassenhuttl a fair bit, but I'd rank Potter above him.  I think with the talent we have he could potentially do very well.

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I would look to the continent as well, because there are a gaggle of good managers we could realistically target and I don't give a rat's ass about PL experience.  But if seems as if the club considers it a prerequisite, which hugely limits our options.  I like Hassenhuttl a fair bit, but I'd rank Potter above him.  I think with the talent we have he could potentially do very well.

The reason I prefer Hassenhuttl over Potter at this stage is his development of academy players and young players in general, he plays a back 4 and likes 2 strikers and wingers and his teams do score goals, maybe not quite at the rate I'd like but I think he's got a bit more to his name that proves he can set teams up to score. 

Potter may well get there but as you well know, Brighton piss me off.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

Hassenhutl and wenger? I'd rather Brendan stay 

I wouldn't be so dismissive of Hassenhuttl. I don't believe they have a squad that is anywhere near the quality of ours but and they really haven't spent much since he has been there, yet they look much more organised and cohesive than we do at the minute. 

15 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I too think you’re wrong about Potter - not my first choice but far from my last.  But irrespective, given the board’s known obsession with “PL experience” who in your esteemed opinion can we realistically hope to get who’s better?

...can we just keep away from...!!!

Hasenhuttl

Koeman

Dyche

Gerrard

Villas-Boas

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The reason I prefer Hassenhuttl over Potter at this stage is his development of academy players and young players in general, he plays a back 4 and likes 2 strikers and wingers and his teams do score goals, maybe not quite at the rate I'd like but I think he's got a bit more to his name that proves he can set teams up to score. 

.. Still can't get past 9-0s !!!

Once is just a once a a lifetime result, 2 is just an endemic problem with the setup and manager.

If you are 4-0 down the second time you do everything to minimise the score line.

A big big no to him coming here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Saints Prem appearances this season by players age 21 or under

Livramento 19 apps - fair enough

Broja (not their player) 20 apps

Smallbone 1 app

1 hour ago, Adrian said:

Sean Dyche..we need a manager who scares the players a bit

....short term thinking, you are looking at a type of person required to instil some kind of discipline right now!!!

What is not being factored in is, the style of play and his previous view of our club. It would be hypocritical of him to even hint at coming here, the present affluence of this club now would be "fruit from the poisoned tree...", there is no way he could get around that.

He is in nowhere near what we need, and we aspire to so much better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

:mellow:

If we had to go PL experience then he'd be top of a very short list, especially of available managers.

Done well pretty much everywhere he's been bar Chelsea. 

What I also like is, he fcuks off at the first sign of trouble these days and wouldn't take a huge pay off.

Marcelino could be leaving Bilbao in the summer, guy is obsessed with player fitness and physical condition, and likes 442 :ph34r:

Did pretty well at Villareal and Valencia, underwhelming at Bilbao but I have always thought that is one of the hardest top division jobs - not much choice other than having a strong core of youth/home grown club players

Usually had one of the youngest squads in the league during his time at Villareal and Valencia as well

Bit more of a punt but would be interesting I think

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Jesse Marsch favourite for Leeds job in the summer, also mentions Ernesto Valverde and Carlos Corberan (Huddersfield manager)

Interestingly no mention of Diego Martinez… maybe he already has a new job lined up… :ph34r:

I thought that Martinez was the no.1 choice to takeover from Biesla.

Weren't they in contact with him? Strange!