Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

I think we're going to have to get used to getting the best out of what we've got and improving players - so with that in mind, either Graham Potter OR (and I hate to say it) Cooper from Forest. Think the days of us going after big names - both managerially and in terms of the playing squad - are sadly over. A young 'prospect' manager is preferable to some of the washed up dross that will throw their name in the mix if we bin Rodgers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I could be persuaded.  Not sure he could.

...seemed a bit of a laughing stock, at Arsenal, and his move back to the continent has helped him!!!

I hope the club would not be willing to take a gamble on him, having got ourselves in a position where we are potentially, ready to take the next step.

Chairmen all around the country have shuffled managers around, believing it will be different at their club, only to end up having to move them on and paying for the lessons learnt, in the process. 

He has coached at very big clubs, but he is a strong no from me.

Managers like Cooper and Potter might not have the gravitas needed, for the players we want to bring in to this club.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Managers like Cooper and Potter might not have the gravitas needed, for the players we want to bring in to this club.

any players who look down their nose at any coaches or staff aren't the kind of players I want to bring in

imagine we bought in Marsch and you had players calling him Ted Lasso like what is happening at Man Utd, embarrassing stuff

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave Fishwick said:

any players who look down their nose at any coaches or staff aren't the kind of players I want to bring in

imagine we bought in Marsch and you had players calling him Ted Lasso like what is happening at Man Utd, embarrassing stuff

....you also have to take a look at it from the players point of view, players looking to make the next step are seeking to work under a reputable coach!!!

You would assume that they have never heard of either manager and would rather opt for someone that has a history they can buy into. I do not know to what level that Cooper or Potter have played and that will have a bearing on taking on information being imparted to their players. It is a pretty big feature to have the respect of the players under you. Bigger managers than these have managed "to lose their dressing room".

....just looking at the contrast between Cooper and Potter!!!

Potter favours the way we are attempting to play now, but without the composure in defence. Possession based football where everyone knows what is required of them and to dominate the game in this way. Willing to change to a few formations in a game, so very flexible in his tactics.

Cooper favours playing the way we used to play where we pushed and squeezed the play and push to win back possession immediately. He wants his team to be brave on the ball and confident when passing.

This makes Rodgers appear to have a split personality as we do both of these things, one of them brings us success and the other is ponderous in its execution.

You would have to choose Cooper in this scenario but Potter at the moment has a slow moving following which with endorsement such as from Klopp, to be the next Liverpool boss, it will in time turn into an unstoppable run away juggernaut.

• Like 1