Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

1 minute ago, Beachyboy said:

What are anybodies thoughts on Neil Lennon caretaker until the end of the season? a club connection past managerial experience, an all your looking for is the initial 3-4 game win bounce a new voice may bring.

....without being rude, absolutely no chance!!!

If you are genuine about this, you need to discard your rose tinted glasses, it is a bad idea, and should not be contemplated in anyway possible, with or without alcohol.

10 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

What are anybodies thoughts on Neil Lennon caretaker until the end of the season? a club connection past managerial experience, an all your looking for is the initial 3-4 game win bounce a new voice may bring.

I think my FA Level 3 coaching badge puts me ahead of Neil Lennon in the rankings order. 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I honestly think a decision needs to be made especially if we don't get a win from one of our next 2 games, if we can plow on for 4 games the international break may give a little more time for a better alternative, but whoever it is, I can't see us getting someone, like we did with Rogers 3 years ago. I remember being surprised an optimistic about that particular appointment, can anybody say they will have that feeling regardless of who is named? I'd rather Rogers found an odd couple wins an we find a more suitable candidate in the summer, I see Ndidi, Tielmans and Soyunchu going in the summer, we need someone we can trust with that £100 million.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

I think this was a fall back option if Rodgers turned us down back in Feb 2019!

36 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I would be happy if we poached Hassenhuttl. Might finally get Iheanacho and Vardy/Daka on the pitch together. 

....I really cannot understand the call for Hassenhuttl, almost on a par with bringing in Neil Lennon!!!!

Not much chance of playing those three together unless we play Nacho as a #10 and Daka and Vardy as a front 2.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I really cannot understand the call for Hassenhuttl, almost on a par with bringing in Neil Lennon!!!!

Not much chance of playing those three together unless we play Nacho as a #10 and Daka and Vardy as a front 2.

I meant Vardy/Daka as in either of them with Iheanacho, not both at once

• Like 2

Despite all the criticisms I have against Rodgers, I am still in the IN camp. There are signs he is trying different things and learning from his mistakes which I like.

However I would reassess after our first team injured players return or if he stops trying to play with more attackers like he has done in the past month or so. I like to see further progress though in this regard by dropping Ndidi from midfield (ok for him to play CB) and playing Nachos in a two upfront or at least have Madders very close to him.  Nachos is a proven goal scorer and is such a good linkup player he is totally wasted on the bench. If I do not see this “further progress” though over the next month or so, I would also reassess. 

Edited by Tom12345

7 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

Lennon who said no one in their right mind would leave Celtic for Leicester? 

He can get in the bin after that.

10 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Despite all the criticisms I have against Rodgers, I am still in the IN camp. There are signs he is trying different things and learning from his mistakes which I like.

However I would reassess after our first team injured players return or if he stops trying to play with more attackers like he has done in the past month or so. I like to see further progress though in this regard by dropping Ndidi from midfield (ok for him to play CB) and playing Nachos in a two upfront or at least have Madders very close to him.  Nachos is a proven goal scorer and is such a good linkup player he is totally wasted on the bench. If I do not see this “further progress” though over the next month or so, I would also reassess. 

....even with Madders as a 1 (one) behind him it does not work for Nacho!!!

Rodgers is preoccupied with playing one upfront, we have all seen the outcome, neither Nacho or Daka works as a lone striker, that experiment should have stopped a long time ago and it is infuriating that it keeps on happening.

We can play with a diamond, or we can drop a defensive midfielder and play with 2 (two) number #8s and we can accommodate two strikers playing upfront. Rodgers bleating about lack of finance and personnel overlooks his short sightedness and lack of tactical awareness.

• Like 3

Just now, An Away Move said:

Any chance we could attract Simeone to our club? Would you want him?

He's an enigma isn't he. I'm not sure if he's the sort who will stay as long as he can at Atleti and then move to Argentina perhaps? 

I think he knows he's got it good right now, a style built up over many years etc.

Personally I get just as much joy out of watching his organised 4-4-2 completely nullify the threat of a tiki taki side as I do watching Bayern in full flow.

Both have a place in the game, but I think i'd be in the minority here. Too many of our fans have moved from being happy winning 1-0 and winning a league, to wanting free flowing no ****s given football that is somehow still supposed to deliver results.

I think YES we could attract him, but I think if he planned to leave where he is for another European team he'd have done so by now.

What about Erik ten Hag? owners are ambitious, the guys currently on £2 million a year offer him Brendans wages without quite the expectations of Man utd, an a more ready made project than Newcastle, the guy may think hang on, couple of players I can get them top 4, but the fans won't expect that.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheStig said:

Yes - he is passionate (but defensively minded) but might be able to put some fire into the bellies of the squad.

Only Perez speaks Spanish as far as I know. He could be the link if Simeone fancied it. To be honest I think he’d want a bigger club but it would be great to see what happens. 

Posters saying they want Rodgers out because of a boring style of play and comment we are now meant to be top 4 and expect bigger things then suggest Simeone as a potential successor the man Xavi quoted recently as a man that sees football differently to him, now we know what he means by that.
Sounds like those that think the club have moved on haven’t actually moved on themselves.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Posters saying they want Rodgers out because of a boring style of play and comment we are now meant to be top 4 and expect bigger things then suggest Simeone as a potential successor the man Xavi quoted recently as a man that sees football differently to him, now we know what he means by that.
Sounds like those that think the club have moved on haven’t actually moved on themselves.

Well Xavi is brought up in the tikitaka mode and Simeone is certainly not. I am no fan of tikitaka and actually loved our direct style in the 15/16 season. Effective, entertaining and exciting rather than passing the ball around  for ages with no real intent.

Edited by TheStig
  • Like 3