Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

8 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Well Xavi is brought up in the tikitaka mode and Simeone is certainly not. I am no fan of tikitaka and actually loved our direct style in the 15/16 season. Effective, entertaining and exciting rather than passing the ball around  for ages with no real intent.

Effective yes until neutralised which it was but Entertaining & exciting hardly!
Nothing pretty about lump it up for Vardy to run onto, we might as well cash in on Maddison @ the same time as Tielemens 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Effective yes until neutralised which it was but Entertaining & exciting hardly!
Nothing pretty about lump it up for Vardy to run onto, we might as well cash in on Maddison @ the same time as Tielemens 

A matter of opinion I guess.

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

...there is an art to playing that way, Atletico play that style but play it better!!!

Other teams may have known what to expect, but we needed to up the quality of our squad, as it wasn't the style which had us underperforming. Mahrez wide, Drinkwater and Kante supporting and a lightning fast striker upfront.

We began to struggle when teams dropped and attempted to deny the space behind their backline, we just did not have the quality to overcome it. I would say the low block is the hardest formation to play against, you have a lot of the ball but if your opponents are disciplined it is hard format to overcome.

3 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I would take Big Sam Allardyce at this point. 

....I always wonder why some supporters have little or no confidence in our club!!!

If this is the sole ambition of this club, it is lacking in self esteem and if it continues being self effacing, then it deserves to drift into the abyss. If it does not believe in itself , we cannot then have self believe.

Edited by sacreblueits442

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I always wonder why some supporters have little or no confidence in our club!!!

If this is the sole ambition of this club, it is lacking in self esteem and if it continues being self effacing, then it deserves to drift into the abyss. If it does not believe in itself , we cannot then have self believe.

I’m all about ambition and self-belief, but there’s a big difference between self-belief and delusion.  ten Hag and Simeone are pure fantasy.  That doesn’t mean we should be talking about Big Sam, either.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BKLFox said:

I don't think it was neutralised at all was it, we won the Premiership by 10 clear points! If you mean the next season, then arguably we started the process of neutralising ourselves when the players we needed to play that particular system gradually left or in the case of Marhez, downed tools. 

Likewise, Barcelona can't play their very special brand of tikataka football without their previous very special and select group of players of that particular era.

No surprise then that Rodgers isn't successful in his bid to recreate a version of the latter. Whether tikataka, long ball, total football or, whatever new style you wish to develop, you absolutely have to have a group of players capable of putting philosophies of the mind into action on a football pitch otherwise it's just an expensive and pointless egotistical dream.

The ultimate trick is surely getting the best out of what you've got at your disposal the time,  commensurate with what the team you're about to play in front of you has available to them also. A good coach has to adapt to some extent on a weekly basis despite deep seated beliefs of how he thinks football 'should' be played. It's about winning. 

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Nah, this is a fan forum for supporters of a football club to discuss issues concerning said football club.

I started a thread discussing that I believed our squad was not as great as our fanbase believed it to be.....it was deemed negative and unhelpful and was thus closed. Don't be fooled into thinking that this forum is free speech and opinion....there are a lot of agendas going on at FT.

Edited by tickler28
  • Like 1

Just now, tickler28 said:

I started a thread discussing that I believed our squad was not as great as our fanbase believed it to be.....it was deemed negative and unhelpful and was thus closed. Dobt be fooled into thinking that this forum is free speech and opinion....there are a lot of agendas going on at FT.

And it's wrong that it was closed. That is your opinion and you should be given the space to express it. IIRC you were not abusive and were respectful in the way that you expressed it too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

And it's wrong that it was closed. That is your opinion and you should be given the space to express it. IIRC you were not abusive and were respectful in the way that you expressed it too. 

Yep was just pointing out that having to use squad players weakened us drastically and that expectations should be less as a consequence. Admin are not averse to closing threads that don't fit the FT dynamic

Goal said, "All in all, this player is one of the greatest players to have ever pulled an Inter shirt on and to grace the pitch in the Serie A. He is an intelligent midfielder, who has the capacity to change the shape of a game off his own boot. He is one of the most influential midfielders in Italian football, and for that reason and many more, he will certainly be remembered as one of the most talented players of all time." In 2017, Sean Lunt of The Versed pronounced him one of the most under-rated players of the last 15 years. 

#cambiasso

On 23/02/2022 at 16:41, sacreblueits442 said:

...there is an art to playing that way, Atletico play that style but play it better!!!

Other teams may have known what to expect, but we needed to up the quality of our squad, as it wasn't the style which had us underperforming. Mahrez wide, Drinkwater and Kante supporting and a lightning fast striker upfront.

We began to struggle when teams dropped and attempted to deny the space behind their backline, we just did not have the quality to overcome it. I would say the low block is the hardest formation to play against, you have a lot of the ball but if your opponents are disciplined it is hard format to overcome.

Anyone who’s watched Atleti play this year wouldn’t say they’re playing any style particularly well. 

I think it’s difficult to separate who our best ever Manager is. 

O’Neill did great things with not a lot. 

Pearson laid the foundations for the future and was brilliant at putting the groundwork and infrastructure in place.

Ranieri gave us footballs greatest fairytale.

Rodgers has given us two of our greatest seasons and returned trophies. If he wins the Conference league, in history this season wouldn’t look as bad as it currently does based on our expectation levels.