Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

4 minutes ago, lcfcforever16 said:

Anyone want Marcelo Bielsa if Rodgers gets sacked soon or at the end of the season? I think I'd take him as he's a brilliant manager, just didn't have the right resources to do the job at Leeds it seems.

A few months ago I was well

up for the idea of Bielsa. However, the way Leeds have dropped off a cliff and have defending the last few months it makes me wonder whether he is capable of sorting out a defence. This has to be the number one criteria for a new manager for us. We can’t defend at all and we couldn’t employ a manager with a worse defensive record than us. 

One thing is for sure with Bielsa though. It would be exciting attacking football.

1 hour ago, lcfcforever16 said:

Anyone want Marcelo Bielsa if Rodgers gets sacked soon or at the end of the season? I think I'd take him as he's a brilliant manager, just didn't have the right resources to do the job at Leeds it seems.

....there is more attention to him, than what he puts out on the pitch!!!

A big no, he is just wrong for this club

I respect him but don’t think he’s right for us. Agent of chaos. 

No. Why would you want a manager who is on the brink of getting relegated after conceding 60 goals so far.

As for resources, he spent £10m in the Championship and £7m of that was on Bamford, £26m on Rodrigo, £10m on Jack Harrison, nearly £30m on Daniel James...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lcfcforever16 said:

Bielsa supports my opinion that a large proportion of managers only have a very short shelf life where they are able to get the maximum out of their players. Once that's on the turn then it's time to go, no hard feelings and I do think that's the modern game. The issue is the big contracts managers get put on to prevent them from being nabbed.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

No. Why would you want a manager who is on the brink of getting relegated after conceding 60 goals so far.

As for resources, he spent £10m in the Championship and £7m of that was on Bamford, £26m on Rodrigo, £10m on Jack Harrison, nearly £30m on Daniel James...

He's not spent that much compared to the likes of Villa. Probably comparable to Sheffield United did who also went down the 2nd season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Bielsa and Leeds biggest issue is that they suffer relentless injuries and that's a common occurrence with Bielsa sides. His methods either make or break his players and they don't have enough in reserve to cover it. 

Similar to us then. 

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Bielsa and Leeds biggest issue is that they suffer relentless injuries and that's a common occurrence with Bielsa sides. His methods either make or break his players and they don't have enough in reserve to cover it. 

He took over Leeds at a completely different time to where we are now. They had few players who had played in the Premier League and were probably awe-struck and willing to learn from him.

Currently we are packed with bigger names, reputations and egos. It's just not a fit, for me, as entertaining as it could be. The club also seem settled on a long term manager and Bielsa isn't that.

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We know that's not allowed as a excuse on here :thumbup:

13 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Similar to us then. 

Exactly, both need a new regime to try and recover and try and progress. We're both in shocking nick.

11 minutes ago, Corky said:

He took over Leeds at a completely different time to where we are now. They had few players who had played in the Premier League and were probably awe-struck and willing to learn from him.

Currently we are packed with bigger names, reputations and egos. It's just not a fit, for me, as entertaining as it could be. The club also seem settled on a long term manager and Bielsa isn't that.

Different circumstances I agree, but both teams currently no longer seem receptive to what worked so well under the current managers. No point trying to put lipstick on a pig, new regime needed.

28 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We know that's not allowed as a excuse on here :thumbup:

It's not an excuse if it's caused by the processes and methods that are used in order to try and be successful. The reason why is because if the injuries are the consequence then its highly likely it won't improve which means the team are going to be held back. It's not sustainable to get the amount of injuries Leicester and Leeds have got in the last 2 seasons, its a long road back when momentum is lost and confidence too.

Last season both teams coped with smatterings of injuries but now its become too relentless for too long and there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

End of the road for Bielsa and Brendan, we'll regret it if we don't. 

• Like 1

On 27/02/2022 at 07:51, lcfcforever16 said:

Sadly, not for me. I admire him and his brand of football but ... it would appear that he's a one trick pony. Due to injuries to some of their best players beyond his control, have been out of action yet he hasn't adapted his style of play even when it's become blindingly obvious that his system can't be played with the players he has left and available to him. Compared to us he also has a small squad available to him. 

There are certain analogies to us in as much Rodgers is also a slave to a system without the players available to him to play it. The difference being that at least Bielsa's style is entertaining when fully employed as opposed to Rodger's dirge of an approach to a now largely obsolete system. 

Any manager has to be able to adapt to what's best for his team and it's chances of winning regardless of a fixed phylosophical approach whatever happens. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Sadly, not for me. I admire him and his brand of football but ... it would appear that he's a one trick pony. Due to injuries to some of their best players in a beyond his control, he hasn't adapted his style of play even when it's become blindingly obvious that his system can't be played with the players he has available to him. Compared to us he also has a small squad available to him. 

There are certain analogies to us in as much Rodgers is also a slave to a system without the players available to him play it. The difference being that at least Bielsa's style is entertaining as opposed to Rodger's dirge of an approach. 

Any manager has to be able to adapt to what's best for his team and it's chances of winning regardless of a fixed phylosophical approach whatever happens. 

To be a  manager you have to have a big bucket of self belief... and belief that your way is best.  Imo they all keep on digging even when all the evide ce suggests they should change.

The fact is that all managers have flaws... over about 3 years they do all the good stuff... and then you are left with the flaws. So when hiring a manager the board should imagine what life will be like when all they have to offer is their blind spots and flaws 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

To be a  manager you have to have a big bucket of self belief... and belief that your way is best.  Imo they all keep on digging even when all the evide ce suggests they should change.

The fact is that all managers have flaws... over about 3 years they do all the good stuff... and then you are left with the flaws. So when hiring a manager the board should imagine what life will be like when all they have to offer is their blind spots and flaws 

Bielsa had a huge bucket….

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, lcfcforever16 said:

I think Brendan Rodgers should get appointed if Brendan Rodgers gets sacked.

8 hours ago, lcfcforever16 said:

I respect Bielsa but he's not right for us. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

He was okay but certainly not one of our most successful compared to Gillies, O Neil, Ranieri of course and Rodgers. Even Bloomfield had a better record. 

Personally I would say he is our best and I’m not a massive Pearson fan. My point was no fan would call him a twat though. 

• Haha 2