Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

I don't think he will go this season but if he does, I can imagine the club giving Nuno a short term contract. He wouldn't be my first choice but he can organise a team and a defence so I could see him ticking a few boxes, a bit like Puei did.

5 minutes ago, Craig said:

Even if Pearson isn't our best manager, he's certainly our most important.

Exactly. You can’t compare say him with Rodgers as everything is different, the infrastructure, squad etc. It is Pearson that allowed this to happen yet some stupid fans can’t see that. 

Edited by Unabomber

33 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

He was okay but certainly not one of our most successful compared to Gillies, O Neil, Ranieri of course and Rodgers. Even Bloomfield had a better record. 

Depends what you consider success. He set the foundations for everything that came after him. You can deny that but you'd be making yourself look very silly

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Very few managers get to rebuild a club and it truly lead to something, what tends to happen in this era is that there's a club vision ran by Director of Football's, Recruitment Directors and many analysts and Sports Science teams. The club has a model in which it appoints a certain type of manager who fits the way they are ran and there'll perhaps go through several managers along the way, some will be an overall success but may then leave or stagnate and be moved on. Take Brentford for example or some European clubs like Hoffenheim. 

However Pearson pretty much built the club with the freedom he needed and then created what we needed to maintain as a blueprint to try and achieve what our owners had their hearts set on. He will never have a PL winners medal against his name, or an FA Cup but I seriously doubt we'd have had the last decade or sons success without him, however incredible our owners are. It was the perfect meeting of minds.

So big up Milan Mandaric for appointing Nigel first time around and for finding Vichai and Top to flog the club to 😂😂😂

Exactly that’s why every Leicester fan between the age of 23 and 43 ****ing loves him. When I see any anti Nige slander I assume they’re a grandad or TPH.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Very few managers get to rebuild a club and it truly lead to something, what tends to happen in this era is that there's a club vision ran by Director of Football's, Recruitment Directors and many analysts and Sports Science teams. The club has a model in which it appoints a certain type of manager who fits the way they are ran and there'll perhaps go through several managers along the way, some will be an overall success but may then leave or stagnate and be moved on. Take Brentford for example or some European clubs like Hoffenheim. 

However Pearson pretty much built the club with the freedom he needed and then created what we needed to maintain as a blueprint to try and achieve what our owners had their hearts set on. He will never have a PL winners medal against his name, or an FA Cup but I seriously doubt we'd have had the last decade or sons success without him, however incredible our owners are. It was the perfect meeting of minds.

So big up Milan Mandaric for appointing Nigel first time around and for finding Vichai and Top to flog the club to 😂😂😂

Absolutely spot on. As great as the owners are/were they were new to football so you can forgive the the Sven appointment. But then to have the foresight to bring Nige back and basically give him full control was genius on their part. They could've kept trying with high profile managers and we could've become a bit of a circus.

I simply don't have any interest in arguing with anyone that doesn't recognise Pearson as one of the most important people in the clubs history

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Exactly. You can’t compare say him with Rodgers as everything is different, the infrastructure, squad etc. It is Pearson that allowed this to happen yet some stupid fans can’t see that. 

Not really. It was Thai money that did that.

Like I say, he was okay but by no stretch our most successful manager.

He did well in the lower leagues but made a complete hash of our first year in the premier league before fortuitously stumbling on  a style towards the end of that season that suited us.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

He did well in the lower leagues but made a complete hash of our first year in the premier league before fortuitously stumbling on  a style towards the end of that season that suited us.

That's certainly one way of looking at it, good grief. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

Absolute drivel

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Fox92 said:

No. Why would you want a manager who is on the brink of getting relegated after conceding 60 goals so far.

As for resources, he spent £10m in the Championship and £7m of that was on Bamford, £26m on Rodrigo, £10m on Jack Harrison, nearly £30m on Daniel James...

I mean, I don’t know if I want him but all those seem like decent signings besides Rodrigo and potentially James, although he’s been better than I though. You also forgot Raphinha.

6 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

Nonsense.  Pearson used the time in the lower league to start rebuilding the club and then continued, without any big money buys, when brought back the second time.  He built the team that won the Prem and it cost less than a tenth of Man City's squad - a pittance.  He may have only been average at match tactics but there's far more to management than that aspect.

You shouldn't try to rewrite the facts in trying to justify your agenda.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Weller said:

Which part? 
Either you’re saying it wasn’t Thai money that did it or he didn’t make a hash of most of our first season in the premier league.

He was well supported by the Thai's but he built an excellent infrastructure at the club by recruiting a great team of backroom staff. Also his man management skills which have been backed up by the likes of Kasper, Wes and Vardy etc. 

As for the season we stayed up I thought we were really competitive for the majority of it and as a promoted side that's all you can really expect. 

I find it staggering any Leicester fan needs convincing of the job he did here

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Nonsense.  Pearson used the time in the lower league to start rebuilding the club and then continued, without any big money buys, when brought back the second time.  He built the team that won the Prem and it cost less than a tenth of Man City's squad - a pittance.  He may have only been average at match tactics but there's far more to management than that aspect.

You shouldn't try to rewrite the facts in trying to justify your agenda.

No agenda and this is about interpretations not facts.

Plenty of managers have built a decent team on a limited budget and got us promoted to the top division but in the post war period only Gilles and O Neil then went on to sustain it.

Thai money really changed the club, nothing else.

Edited by Mr Weller

2 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

No agenda and this is about interpretations not facts.

Plenty of managers have built a decent team on a limited budget and got us promoted to the top division but in the post war period only Gilles and O Neil then went on to sustain it.

Thai money really changed the club, nothing else.

How come Sven didn't take us up then? 

• Like 2

Just now, foxfanazer said:

He was well supported by the Thai's but he built an excellent infrastructure at the club by recruiting a great team of backroom staff. Also his man management skills which have been backed up by the likes of Kasper, Wes and Vardy etc. 

As for the season we stayed up I thought we were really competitive for the majority of it and as a promoted side that's all you can really expect. 

I find it staggering any Leicester fan needs convincing of the job he did here

It’s true we were losing lots of games by the odd goal but we were still virtually  down until he was finally forced to change tactics and play a counter attacking style. 

Like I say, a decent enough manager at lower levels but without Thai money it wouldn’t have made that much difference.

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

How come Sven didn't take us up then? 

He didn’t get it right at Leicester for sure but O Neil, Little, Milne, Wallace and Gillies all got us promoted and apart from Little they did much better than Pearson in their first season.

Sven tried to buy his way out and it didn’t quite work. Pearson did which was great, but at the higher level he was found out tactically. 

In the end Thai money bought the infrastructure, good administration helped immensely and some great recruitment after Pearson left set us up for a magic season.

• Like 1