Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

12 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Wayne Rooney, can see Jamie Vardy getting on with him. Can just see Colleen & Rebekah sitting together

And one hell of a cat fight breaking out in the can players lounge if those pair get together, my money’s on Becky Vardy to win that cat fight !!

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

I really wanted them after O’Neil left. I was really young. I remember telling my dad “told you so” when Cottee got a job as manager of Barnet and won his first game 7-1!

I was older than I care to admit and shared a very similar point of view.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's funny how there's a general consensus you should never discuss future managers but it's fine to discuss future transfers in and out.

If and when Rodgers goes, we don't need a stop gap to steady the ship we need another manager who is better than average and can continue trying to progress this club. We aren't yet as assured in bringing managers in as we perhaps are at building success behind the scenes but maybe I'm being a little unfair. Rodgers has been a hugely successful appointment and you could argue Puel was good for certain things that go unappreciated but he was the pits and Shakespeare on a permanent deal was poor as well. So it's still very much a massive unknown on what the club would do when Rodgers goes. Having to pay him off would be unthinkable and would then likely leave us looking for managers currently out of work, which I could see us turning to Frank Lampard. 

I'd like a future manager who is renown for aggressive football and not afraid to build his team with an edge, ideally he'd have a great track record at developing young players too. I've long admired the football Roger Schmidt gets his teams playing, likewise Marco Rose.

If we want a piece of work then Gattuso would be box office but there's unfinished business here for Cambiasso, he needs a gig before coming here though IMO.

The difference is that you can't have a squad of managers.   It's one in one out so getting a new manager in means dispensing with our current one.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

The difference is that you can't have a squad of managers.   It's one in one out so getting a new manager in means dispensing with our current one.

True, but a lot of player incoming discussion is " we should sign x and sell y " so its still not a million miles away but it seems to be abhorrent to consider another manager whilst we have one well ensconced here, which incidentally is why many clubs often struggle when they need a new manager, they've been caught thumbing a floppy in and not planned for that occasion.

• Like 1

Never going to happen but I’d love to see what Bielsa could do with our squad. 

I just want someone who is a real attack minded coach and is going to entertain us. Completely fed up of the boring style we have been producing recently.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KFS said:

We either need a superstar manager to take us to the next level or the next special one who will take a longer time to build but ultimately will outpace Brendan.

I love the mental gymnastics of wanting a manager who’s finish 5th twice and won the FA Cup moved on because of a dip at the start of his 3rd season, for a manager who will come in and take longer to achieve anything 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I love the mental gymnastics of wanting a manager who’s finish 5th twice and won the FA Cup moved on because of a dip at the start of his 3rd season, for a manager who will come in and take longer to achieve anything 

Didn’t say I wanted him moved on. The question was who next AFTER Brendan, wasn’t it?

My point being the next guy I am willing to give time to, but has to be someone with a higher ceiling than Brendan. I.e doesn’t show some of the tactical and mental frailties that he does. Brendan has been a great manager but I firmly believe he has a ceiling. Consistent fall always show me that he’s not learning and will not surpass that ceiling. The next guy has to be better than that. 

• Like 2

Thomas Frank makes the most sense for me, but he might not be interested.

The reality is you’re not going to get a superstar manager at Leicester - we tried for Tuchel when Claude was hired and even then he considered himself too big for us.  It’s either going to be a mid-boss (yuck), a past his prime but still respected Bielsa-type, a fallen ex-starlet trying to reclaim his sparkle (which is what Brendo was, no one was convinced by Celtic), or a young manager trying to prove he belongs with the big boys.

The last one is the best option for me, but trying to find that next superstar is not easy.  Frank isn’t all that young but he sort of fits in other ways.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

The last three rounds we tried the past his prime grandee (hey, we won a title at 5000-1), the mid-boss (did exactly the thankless job he was brought in to do, modernize the play style and transition to youth), and the fallen starlet (TBD).  Next time I hope we go for the up and comer trying to prove he can be a superstar.