Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleshdaddy

Who next after Brendan?

12 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

This will be unpopular but I'd take Frank Lampard if it came to Rodgers moving on, 100%. Think he will be excellent at a club that doesn't run on turnover of managers like Chelsea do.

....you just get the impressions that some people go by names as opposed to the ability of the manager!!!

Thierry Henry, Roy Keane, Sam Allardyce it just seems like a lack of ambition. Would like to bring someone in from Europe, can we poach the Atalanta manager, just aim high instead of being grateful that some named ex-player deigns to consider us.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....you just get the impressions that some people go by names as opposed to the ability of the manager!!!

Thierry Henry, Roy Keane, Sam Allardyce it just seems like a lack of ambition. Would like to bring someone in from Europe, can we poach the Atalanta manager, just aim high instead of being grateful that some named ex-player deigns to consider us.

lol most managers are ex players

I'm not sure about Thomas Frank, I know he's flavour of the month but I think we'd need to see some consistent success from him and Brentford before we went in for him. He might well be brilliant but he could be a another David Wagner. Everyone was raving about him when Huddersfield started well a few years back but they fell away badly.

27 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I'm not sure about Thomas Frank, I know he's flavour of the month but I think we'd need to see some consistent success from him and Brentford before we went in for him. He might well be brilliant but he could be a another David Wagner. Everyone was raving about him when Huddersfield started well a few years back but they fell away badly.

.....strangely changed his approach to the game, they started sitting off teams and stop the press and high tempo!!!

Hardworking, busy, in your face team, sometimes you do not have to change something because everyone knows what you are going to do, you just need to do it better

On 05/10/2021 at 17:17, fleshdaddy said:

Not shit stirring at all. As @Ric Flair said, we talk about potential transfers and players coming and going, why can't we do the same for managers? 

In fact, maybe I worded things a bit poorly, and for what it's worth of course I back Rodgers and want him to pull us out of this rut we seem to be in currently.Perhaps I should have said, in terms of succession planning, whenever Rodgers does go, who should we be looking to bring in and what direction do we want to go in?

Ah, yes. That's a horse of a different colour.  :yesyes:

1 hour ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

I’ve just come here to say this is ridiculous.

When Ranieri went, I spent months defending it to ignorant fans of glory clubs-we were going down, we spent 3/4 of a season in relegation form, and he had to go.

By contrast, 7 games into this campaign, after our first FA Cup and consecutive 5th places, in shit form with horrible injuries, we’re 13th. Evans comes back and we’re a different side. 

It’s not that Brendan is above criticism, because he is clearly getting a lot wrong tactically. But to discuss a sacking after such a short period, and such sustained success, is a parody of the Shit 6.

The premise of the thread is pure ArsenalTV, and frankly we should be fvcking ashamed…

Well that’s exactly how I would have put it to - so thanks for being absolutely spot on - don’t get me wrong the last few weeks have been utter poo - but we won the blooming FA cup 4 months ago and are in Europe again - let’s all get a bloody grip - maybe the additional squad players have upset the formula a little bit and we do have the whole first choice back 4 out injured - let’s give him some time to sort it - he 100% deserves it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Despite the errors he's made I still believe we're better off just seeing how the season unfolds.

We cannot ignore the effect the injuries are having on the squad. Sit back relax and let him get on with working on correcting the basic errors.

Then with players returning we should be ok. though i do think this season is virtually gone.

With the exception of Euro experience it sounds a lot like our Nigel Pearson is the perfect man for the job.

"Then with players returning we should be ok".

But there's no guarantee that JJ will be back up to speed before Xmas, nor Little Wes before the end of the season, nor any certainty about Evans' fitness at all.  So how long do we have to wait for this magical moment before performances begin to pick up?

Stevie Gérard done well up north but would he have an eye for young talent or would he just want to bring in players from the SPL. I think players would play for him and he'd be respected, anyhow I thing Brendan would have to take us to the bottom 3 to get the boot, I think he gets Fo, Evans and Justin back and we'll be a whole different level.

Watch the re run of our quarter final vs Man Utd and then watch the celebrations after the final whistle in the final, with all the interviews as well. Will give you a brief bit of a reprieve and help you remember thst was only 5 months ago. He is still the man to continue to progress us, I truly believe we'd still not have an FA Cup with any other manager we could realistically attract. Domestically he has given us the confidence and comfort to challenge for cups, we had a complete inability to get to the latter stages before him.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

This will be unpopular but I'd take Frank Lampard if it came to Rodgers moving on, 100%. Think he will be excellent at a club that doesn't run on turnover of managers like Chelsea do.

I'm intrigued by how good he might be, he's certainly going to get at least one more good gig in the PL.

5 hours ago, deep blue said:

"Then with players returning we should be ok".

But there's no guarantee that JJ will be back up to speed before Xmas, nor Little Wes before the end of the season, nor any certainty about Evans' fitness at all.  So how long do we have to wait for this magical moment before performances begin to pick up?

And remember 2 of these players were there in the last 25 games or so in the pl when our form was just as shite as it is now.  Brendan should get more time but we should be seriously looking for someone else too as this decline is now for an extended period. Let's see where we are come end of Nov where we will have played 6 more pl games in Watford Leeds and brentford and 3 more in Europa. I can't get too carried away with the fa Cup. Ask Wigan and portsmouth supporters. 

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Watch the re run of our quarter final vs Man Utd and then watch the celebrations after the final whistle in the final, with all the interviews as well. Will give you a brief bit of a reprieve and help you remember thst was only 5 months ago. He is still the man to continue to progress us, I truly believe we'd still not have an FA Cup with any other manager we could realistically attract. Domestically he has given us the confidence and comfort to challenge for cups, we had a complete inability to get to the latter stages before him.

We have never had a better squad and he was actively encouraged to go and win a trophy, which I think has probably only been the case the past 2 seasons. 

The Man U performance was the best of the lot. Southampton and Brighton were awful games where our quality edged it. We made easy work of a couple of championship teams due to playing a strong team in both games. The final was daylight robbery, I'd love the opportunity to see how extra time would have gone if Chilly's goal had been allowed lol

It's astounding how Kel and Youri dragged us to that final. Then Youri and Kasper did the business on the big day.

I honestly believe that plenty of managers given a similar opportunity would have managed to deliver similar.

It'll be interesting to see over the next 5-10 years if we have similar runs, my thoughts are if the board deem it important, then we'll play strong teams. Then it's just a case of winning games where your team is the favourites, which we must have been for every games aside from the Chelsea match.

@Ric Flair help me out here, because I don't want to seem like I'm downplaying the achievement, but is there anything that you disagree with that I've said there. I don't know if I'm missing something, but logically (not emotionally) to me, last season, the combination of draws, squad and desire for a trophy, represented our best ever chance of winning an FA Cup in my life time.

• Like 1