Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Saudi ownership at LCFC

32 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I’d be a fan of the club regardless of the owners. The club and fans will last longer than any ownership will

This for me, too. Plus, why should people have to walk away over a decision they have no say in?

You're basically saying that Saudi investment is going to make Newcastle a very successful club, although it isn't quite that simple.

If, and is a big if, it made them as successful as Manchester City, and you're asking if I'd be OK with that, the answer is yes. Hell yes.

I support my team and success is what it's all about. 

If we were in the top 2 every year and getting to Champions League finals and challenging on all fronts with World Class players all over the pitch, I wouldn't say no.

Who would?

Personally ownership of the club is important to me. I wouldn't want owners from Saudi or Qatar or China. It does bother me that ours aren't squeaky clean BUT they do enough to demonstrate they care.

If it came out they were exploiting their workers or engaged in really illegal stuff, then I would have to step away from supporting for a while.

At the end of the day, football is about people in the stands and on the pitch. It's for them. Not the owners. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I'd give up on this business, sorry sport, for good. 

I'm already nearer to jacking football in altogether than I've ever been and I never thought that would happen. 

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to passionately get behind multi millionaires who are so far removed from those paying their wages its criminal. 

Clubs being bankrolled by countries can **** off

This. I’m sadly toying with the fact I know soon that I’ll pack the football in. Prices, ownership, fan engagement being some of the reasons. 

What we have now is nothing close to what I fell in love with. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

You're basically saying that Saudi investment is going to make Newcastle a very successful club, although it isn't quite that simple.

If, and is a big if, it made them as successful as Manchester City, and you're asking if I'd be OK with that, the answer is yes. Hell yes.

I support my team and success is what it's all about. 

If we were in the top 2 every year and getting to Champions League finals and challenging on all fronts with World Class players all over the pitch, I wouldn't say no.

Who would?

I’d say no. Fake,plastic and boring.

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

I'd give up on this business, sorry sport, for good. 

I'm already nearer to jacking football in altogether than I've ever been and I never thought that would happen. 

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to passionately get behind multi millionaires who are so far removed from those paying their wages its criminal. 

Clubs being bankrolled by countries can **** off

Me too. This shit from Newcastle isn’t helping. Sky sports making fvcking stupid comments too like “their fans deserve this”. Fvck off. 

• Like 1