Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Saudi ownership at LCFC

3 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

Well, seeing that as it is I’m very seriously wondering whether I can continue implicitly supporting an organisation that thinks people who chop journalists into little pieces are fit and proper owners, I’m pretty sure I would no longer give my money to the club if I knew it were owned by murderous tyrants, and I would not be helping them with their sportswashing.

As I say, this might be the last straw for me anyway tbh.

.....significantly you will probably find (for Newcastle supporters), their behaviour pales into nothing, in comparison to relieving Ashley of his tenure!!!

25 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

A manager and good staff can make a team. Money can buy you a manager and good staff.

Yeah lets be honest they will get success eventually. Bit soulless though waiting all that time for a trophy and then the Saudis buying it for you. 

At this point you might as well take the Premier League trophy down to Sothebys, get Abramovich, the Glaziers, the Saudis, the Qataris and all the other billionaires into the auction room and get them to bid for it. The title goes to the highest bidder.

It's a much greener solution too as it means supporters won't leave a carbon footprint by travelling to and from matches. Much less risk of spreading Covid 19 into the bargain.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

When was there any morals in football?

Agreed, but this is a step too far. Killing a journalist who was critical of the regime in a foreign country is just obscene. Their involvement in the killing of innocent civilians in Yemen. Hoping against hope that Newcastle get relegated. 

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Yeah lets be honest they will get success eventually. Bit soulless though waiting all that time for a trophy and then the Saudis buying it for you. 

It’s like a game cheat code. You’re excited to first use it. But then the game is a foregone conclusion and you no longer take pride in your achievements.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, norwichfox said:

Could be the last straw for me as far as having an interest in football is concerned, we've won the league, we've won the FA cup amongst others, it's all I ever wanted.

I’m trying to hold myself until I can formulate a rational response. My immediate emotional reaction contains far too many words that would be censored here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, norwichfox said:

Could be the last straw for me as far as having an interest in football is concerned, we've won the league, we've won the FA cup amongst others, it's all I ever wanted.

And I still feel the same this morning, utterly disillusioned with the Prem.

• Like 1

Would be great if they had to start off in the Championship. As @ALC Foxsaid, how depressing that it was only the TV rights deal with BEINSports that was holding this back. 

This will all get forgotten about quickly, as the Super League did. So much for the fan-led ownership movement.

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

My distaste goes far beyond the Prem

It has become a plaything for the ultra rich, so much for a working man's (persons) game! The money used to bring success to Man City and Chelski was bad enough. Ask the Yemen what they think of Saudi Arabia.

2 hours ago, marcymarc446 said:

Any song ideas for when they turn up at the King Power on Dec 11th ?

My immediate thought was a nastier version of the 'You know what you are - cheating b*stards' chant that we laid on for Man City after their FFP issues, but perhaps emphasising the torture, murder, human rights violations, etc. 

Edited by MonkeyTennis?

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as a lot of you. I think this is the nail in the coffin that turns me off football as a sport in general.

There's plenty to say about the abhorrent human beings now in charge of Newcastle, but that isn't what I'm bothered about so much as the general experience of being a fan of the game in 2021.

For me, I think it's been a weird one watching from afar in Canada these past two years, and also seeing first-hand the culture being generated by the Premier League - a bland, global product to talk about over the water-cooler. It was utterly surreal to be known and talked about by people who had never set foot in the UK, let alone Leicester, but those conversations and understandings were so blatantly superficial. I will never forget the guy at work asking me about games - the only one who had ever attended an EPL game. He told me he'd been to Old Trafford while on holiday to England and was - quote - "shocked how they penned the away fans in a separate part of the arena". That's the level of awareness these clubs are pandering to.

I'll always love my club, but I don't think I love football anymore. I'll keep going to games and backing the lads, but let's be real. For a lot of us here - those which UEFA and the reptiles trying to form the ESL toe-curlingly term "legacy fans" -  it's more about the craic now. It's about everything around matchday itself, the people we see, the places we drink, the cities we visit following our team. Why would I get excited for what happens on the pitch now? If some of these bigwigs had their way, they'd gladly replace us with artificial crowd noise on a permanent basis.

I'm just grateful to see familiar faces on the terraces after so long away. It's been longer for me than even most of you who have had to sit it out for the pandemic. It was amazing being back at a game when I went to Selhurst Park on Sunday, but it wasn't the emotional homecoming I expected it to be. I figured it might just be the jetlag, the result or the crappy football we're playing right now, but no. I think it's a deeper malaise within the game as a whole. Something just feels different now. It's not the same.

I think seeing you lot making absolute limbs at Wembley when Youri twatted in the winner was probably the high water mark for me as a football fan, and might be the last time I ever get truly emotional watching football. I'm a fan of matchday and of Leicester City, but no longer one of the sport - yesterday made me come to terms with that.

We're a dying breed, and Newcastle fans should be very careful what they wish for.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as a lot of you. I think this is the nail in the coffin that turns me off football as a sport in general.

There's plenty to say about the abhorrent human beings now in charge of Newcastle, but that isn't what I'm bothered about so much as the general experience of being a fan of the game in 2021.

For me, I think it's been a weird one watching from afar in Canada these past two years, and also seeing first-hand the culture being generated by the Premier League - a bland, global product to talk about over the water-cooler. It was utterly surreal to be known and talked about by people who had never set foot in the UK, let alone Leicester, but those conversations and understandings were so blatantly superficial. I will never forget the guy at work asking me about games - the only one who had ever attended an EPL game. He told me he'd been to Old Trafford while on holiday to England and was - quote - "shocked how they penned the away fans in a separate part of the arena". That's the level of awareness these clubs are pandering to.

I'll always love my club, but I don't think I love football anymore. I'll keep going to games and backing the lads, but let's be real. For a lot of us here - those which UEFA and the reptiles trying to form the ESL toe-curlingly term "legacy fans" -  it's more about the craic now. It's about everything around matchday itself, the people we see, the places we drink, the cities we visit following our team. Why would I get excited for what happens on the pitch now? If some of these bigwigs had their way, they'd gladly replace us with artificial crowd noise on a permanent basis.

I'm just grateful to see familiar faces on the terraces after so long away. It's been longer for me than even most of you who have had to sit it out for the pandemic. It was amazing being back at a game when I went to Selhurst Park on Sunday, but it wasn't the emotional homecoming I expected it to be. I figured it might just be the jetlag, the result or the crappy football we're playing right now, but no. I think it's a deeper malaise within the game as a whole. Something just feels different now. It's not the same.

I think seeing you lot making absolute limbs at Wembley when Youri twatted in the winner was probably the high water mark for me as a football fan, and might be the last time I ever get truly emotional watching football. I'm a fan of matchday and of Leicester City, but no longer one of the sport - yesterday made me come to terms with that.

We're a dying breed, and Newcastle fans should be very careful what they wish for.

I’m in agreement with you. I’m becoming less interested in football as a whole as time goes on, I’ll always support leicester, and I’ll always go to the games, but the game is dying…. The super league may have been foiled once, but it will happen, it won’t be long until the selected “big six” are plying their games in Qatar etc, part of a separate league all together.

Our lasting hope is the war on climate change, it will do away with a lot of these oil tycoons fortunes, however, it simply won’t ever happen, no one in power gives a shit about anything but money. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m in agreement with you. I’m becoming less interested in football as a whole as time goes on, I’ll always support leicester, and I’ll always go to the games, but the game is dying…. The super league may have been foiled once, but it will happen, it won’t be long until the selected “big six” are plying their games in Qatar etc, part of a separate league all together.

Our lasting hope is the war on climate change, it will do away with a lot of these oil tycoons fortunes, however, it simply won’t ever happen, no one in power gives a shit about anything but money. 

First posting, hello everyone.

Having lived and worked in Saudi Arabia intermittently since the early 1980s, the one aspect of this business that I can't resist commenting upon is the suggestion that the Saudi Investment Authority is in some way an entirely separate entity and independent of the Saudi Government.

In reality, you could argue that there is no such thing as the  'Saudi Government' in the usual sense of the term, simply a large and extended ruling family who between them control every aspect of life in the Kingdom. The Investment Authority and the various Saudi ministries merely being different meetings attended largely by the same group of people selected by the Crown Prince from amongst the ruling family.

The Premier League of course will understand that but hey, let's all play let's pretend......

On a happier note I was thinking back to the first City game I ever attended. That was back in the early 1960 and a match between City and Everton which Leicester won 2 - 0. Can't remember who scored but I do remember that the Everton goalkeeper - Albert Dunlop - had a brilliant game.

Does anyone happen to know when that was?

Thanks, good to be here.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sly said:

Money can buy you all the players in the world.

Money can’t buy you a team.

Teams win matches, leagues and trophies. 

18 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Remember when QPR were taken over by one of the worlds richest men? 

Doesn’t always work out, and I rather hope it doesn’t work out for them. 

18 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Money can buy you the best managers, football directors and coaches and they can build the team for you.

That's why, on average, teams with the most money tend to win the most trophies. 

I think the two posts above together explain the thought better.

It's a huge jigsaw and every piece has to fit to make it work.

17 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

.....could it be used as a vehicle for.good? 

Banners and ad boards at opposing grounds (or even st James park) drawing attention to this vile regime's policies. 

You think you're going to put a banner up in St J park slagging off the owners 😂😂😂😂😂😂

2 hours ago, Nickaj said:

First posting, hello everyone.

Having lived and worked in Saudi Arabia intermittently since the early 1980s, the one aspect of this business that I can't resist commenting upon is the suggestion that the Saudi Investment Authority is in some way an entirely separate entity and independent of the Saudi Government.

In reality, you could argue that there is no such thing as the  'Saudi Government' in the usual sense of the term, simply a large and extended ruling family who between them control every aspect of life in the Kingdom. The Investment Authority and the various Saudi ministries merely being different meetings attended largely by the same group of people selected by the Crown Prince from amongst the ruling family.

The Premier League of course will understand that but hey, let's all play let's pretend......

On a happier note I was thinking back to the first City game I ever attended. That was back in the early 1960 and a match between City and Everton which Leicester won 2 - 0. Can't remember who scored but I do remember that the Everton goalkeeper - Albert Dunlop - had a brilliant game.

Does anyone happen to know when that was?

Thanks, good to be here.

Leicester City vv3Everton 

16 April 1960

Albert Cheesebrough     G
Frank McLintock     G
Len Chalmers penalty   P

Goals:

Bobby Collins penalty   P
Bobby Collins     G
Micky Lill     G

Starting lineup:

GoalkeeperGordon Banks