Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Napoli (A)

2 hours ago, NZ_Foxile said:

Well that’s bloody annoying. I’ve got a load of unused lateral flow tests that I bought before they changed the rules for needing a PCR test. But they’re at home, I’m already in Italy :angry:

Now I have to find out how to get a pre-departure test done over here 

Let us know when you find out! 

Just landed in Poland for few nights and found a place for the anti gen test to get to Rome.

Every few days there are more changes to the itinerary.

Flights cost £6, but a test costs £55.

1 hour ago, Ballie1981 said:

So if you get your test results back at 0830 Wednesday  but fly back 1100 Friday, is that 2 days ? 

2FC222E9-1A37-403F-9270-B71370EC53DF.jpeg

Hi, can you send the direct link for this screenshot? Interested by the bit at the top 

Just read it - makes no sense I can recently recovered from covid get away with LFT test into the country but not a LFT test to avoid isolation 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

19 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Hi, can you send the direct link for this screenshot? Interested by the bit at the top 

Just read it - makes no sense I can recently recovered from covid get away with LFT test into the country but not a LFT test to avoid isolation 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england

• Like 1

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england

"If you are returning to the UK within 3 days, you can use the result of a COVID-19 test that you take in the UK before you travel. You must use a private test provider for the test and not an NHS test.

The service on which you will arrive back in the UK must set off for the UK within 3 days of when you took the test."

So if I take a Lateral Flow test in the UK on Tuesday PM - flying back from Naples on Friday AM - I would, as I understand it, be able to use the result of my Tuesday UK test to board my return flight.

In fact I'm not even sure AM and PM matter as it says three days not 72 hours.

Edited by Harry - LCFC

7 hours ago, Harry - LCFC said:

"If you are returning to the UK within 3 days, you can use the result of a COVID-19 test that you take in the UK before you travel. You must use a private test provider for the test and not an NHS test.

The service on which you will arrive back in the UK must set off for the UK within 3 days of when you took the test."

So if I take a Lateral Flow test in the UK on Tuesday PM - flying back from Naples on Friday AM - I would, as I understand it, be able to use the result of my Tuesday UK test to board my return flight.

Unfortunately they haven't updated this paragraph to adapt to the new rules - if you look for the indented text on sections above it mentions it's now within the two days before so anytime Wednesday should be good for you.

They've actually put out a contradictory statement in a press release which suggests it is 48 hours max rather than having the wiggle room of two full days:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/tests-required-before-travel-to-uk-and-nigeria-added-to-red-list

7 hours ago, Harry - LCFC said:

Yes

That is definitely true

We flew out to Warsaw Wednesday, and back home from Warsaw Friday afternoon 

I conducted my Fit To Fly Home test sat at home Tuesday night.

Thats never been the debate. What I want to know for 100% certainty, is whether you can reuse the same test result  I’m using to Fly To Italy as I’ll need to Fly Home

We fly to Naples early Thursday morning, and back home Friday 1030am

In Naples a little under 24 hours

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

15 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Yes

That is definitely true

We flew out to Warsaw Wednesday, and back home from Warsaw Friday afternoon 

I conducted my Fit To Fly Home test sat at home Tuesday night.

Thats never been the debate. What I want to know for 100% certainty, is whether you can reuse the same test result  I’m using to Fly To Italy as I’ll need to Fly Home

We fly to Naples early Thursday morning, and back home Friday 1030am

In Naples a little under 24 hours

In your case yes.  Its the ones flying out for 2 nights that is the issues as to is it 48 hours or 2 days!  Typical government interpret the rules yourself.  But you will be fine

• Thanks 1

And then is it 48 hours from leaving English air-space and landing back into English air-space, or is 48 hours from times of planes leaving?  I am just going to do another one to cover it all.  I know of some lads who got their flights put back because they didnt have the right tests to come home from Warsaw.  Not sure though what the issue was, but Wizzsair wouldn't let them on that flight till they went and had a test done.  You can get the tests done at napoli airport. 

5 minutes ago, lcfcfem said:

And then is it 48 hours from leaving English air-space and landing back into English air-space, or is 48 hours from times of planes leaving?  I am just going to do another one to cover it all.  I know of some lads who got their flights put back because they didnt have the right tests to come home from Warsaw.  Not sure though what the issue was, but Wizzsair wouldn't let them on that flight till they went and had a test done.  You can get the tests done at napoli airport. 

It’s all done on departure times mate 

8 hours ago, Harry - LCFC said:

Depends if the Tuesday counts as Day 0 or Day 1 I guess? I'm in a similar position going Thursday-Sunday so hoping to blag just sticking with the one.

For those that are concerned with the pre-departure test to get back to the UK, there is a test centre at the airport. I just popped my head inside to check it out. €15 for an antigen test with immediate certificate issued in English. No appointment necessary. It’s called Duty Health and is next to the main terminal to the right as you look at it. If you can’t sort a test to bring with you just turn up early and they will sort you out.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, NZ_Foxile said:

Well that’s bloody annoying. I’ve got a load of unused lateral flow tests that I bought before they changed the rules for needing a PCR test. But they’re at home, I’m already in Italy :angry:

Now I have to find out how to get a pre-departure test done over here 

There is a few places around the Vatican area and in the center and you can get a test done there for 21€!

It’s a 48hr negative(hopefully) test and I recently used it to enter the UK with no problems.

I’m not sure with the new UK rules if it’s still valid.

I’m not exactly sure how this is meant to work, but after travelling around In Italy for a couple of days I am finding that my printed PDF copy of my NHS vaxx cert is working as a “Green Pass” (ie. When other people scan the QR code), but my phone app version isn’t. Therefore it’s essential to bring hard copies otherwise you might struggle to get into places (including the match). Also downloading the VerificaC19 app, scanning your own hard copy and getting a Green Pass on your own phone isn’t cutting it, people are wanting to scan the code themselves.

• Like 1