Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Napoli (A)

So I was walking back to my digs for a shower and change when I was approached by two Italian lads. Asked why I was here and if I was from Leicester. Feigned ignorance and thankfully my elderly father (74) was with me. Put my arm round my dad and walked off. 100 yards down the road I realised i was being followed so swerved left into a ice cream parlour. Whilst in there a different lad to the first two who approached me invited me outside on two occasions! Had to escape via a taxi after using google translate to explain the situation to the shop staff.

They are definitely about tonight looking to pick people of in 2’s and 3’s. Be alert.

21 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

So I was walking back to my digs for a shower and change when I was approached by two Italian lads. Asked why I was here and if I was from Leicester. Feigned ignorance and thankfully my elderly father (74) was with me. Put my arm round my dad and walked off. 100 yards down the road I realised i was being followed so swerved left into a ice cream parlour. Whilst in there a different lad to the first two who approached me invited me outside on two occasions! Had to escape via a taxi after using google translate to explain the situation to the shop staff.

They are definitely about tonight looking to pick people of in 2’s and 3’s. Be alert.

looking to pick people of in 2’s and 3’s. 

Cowards 

I am less and less bothered about not going to this one. Seems like a lot of stress, worry and effort likely topped off by another sh1t performance on the pitch. I've been to Rome & Naples before, and had to suffer the torture of Warsaw so very little incentive for this.

I'll wait until next year for our next one.

Fair play to those that have gone though.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

If any Napoli rats are reading this forum then make no mistake....

You are a bunch of cowards. No respect for weak groups who target individuals. 

Rats

It's the Ultra's you need to watch out for. The rats tend to keep themselves to themselves. 

Edited by adejo92
  • Haha 1

I was out last night walking back to my hotel and in the opposite direction around a dozen Italians came in the opposite direction, as they got nearer I thought just walk past them and ignore em. Realised then they were all in their 80's must have come of a cruise ship. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Covid ruled me out but I was booked to stay in Chiaia area of the city. 

Spoke to fans who’ve been before with Liverpool and Arsenal including people who go watch Napoli and they generally say Chiaia and Vomero are better areas/safer. The well off locals live in that area. 

I’ve just googled Chiaia pubs and Vomero pubs; plenty available. In Italy, you generally don’t find ‘pubs’. It’s bars with plenty of good food. They are also empty until about 9 at night. 

I was in Chiaia last night and it’s actually pretty decent. Found a few really nice bars and restaurants, locals have been great so far.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxes1 said:

I was out last night walking back to my hotel and in the opposite direction around a dozen Italians came in the opposite direction, as they got nearer I thought just walk past them and ignore em. Realised then they were all in their 80's must have come of a cruise ship. 

Crowd of Italian guys in their 80's, out late at night, in Naples? Sounds to me like you've avoided the Ultras but walked past a Mafia hit! 

• Haha 2