Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Napoli (A)

5 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Unless you return Friday and get a result by Sunday morning latest.

You have to have your test on day 2 so if you return on Friday it’s probably unlikely that comes back 

edit, just been told you can take it on your return 

Edited by Costock_Fox

22 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

What about if you've had COVID within 90 days, PCR is useless right? 

I am in that category and I searched it before knowing it was LFTs and apparently you still have to do a PCR. Confusing as possible it will come back positive 

2 minutes ago, lcfcfem said:

I am in that category and I searched it before knowing it was LFTs and apparently you still have to do a PCR. Confusing as possible it will come back positive 

Yeah I think that’s me out of the trip. 

Currently down with covid - PCR test will show positive and I don’t think work will appreciate me saying I’m away from office now until Tuesday morning even so 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

That rule about having to isolate until the negative PCR test result is annoying.

How long for a PCR test result to come back? Flying back Friday. I want to go to the Newcastle game on Sunday, and I’m travelling with someone who has an important appointment on the Monday so can’t isolate that long waiting for the negative test result.

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah I think that’s me out of the trip. 

Currently down with covid - PCR test will show positive and I don’t think work will appreciate me saying I’m away from office now until Tuesday morning even so 

A PCR Test wont for definite come back as positive if you have tested positive recently

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, NZ_Foxile said:

That rule about having to isolate until the negative PCR test result is annoying.

How long for a PCR test result to come back? Flying back Friday. I want to go to the Newcastle game on Sunday, and I’m travelling with someone who has an important appointment on the Monday so can’t isolate that long waiting for the negative test result.

It’s confusing right now as Boris says test day 2 then changed it to straight away then the round up says day 2. Day 0 is the day you travel back so if it is day 2 then you can’t take it till the Sunday anyway. Will have to wait for official confirmation but it will bugger up sundays game 

Just now, moore_94 said:

A PCR Test wont for definite come back as positive if you have tested positive recently

The official NHS advice is to only take a PCR test within 90 days if you show any symptoms.

That aside, I can’t really afford risking 20 days self isolation over the last 30 odd days with my employer 

Cheapest Day 2 PCR Tests I have been able to find so far seem to be these - £48 a test

These are such a con, those who provide them loving the announcement from Boris

https://www.testingforall.org/product/day-2-pcr-test/

*Going to hold off on getting these myself for now as they have found the variant in Italy, get the feeling this isn't gonna happen

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Cheapest Day 2 PCR Tests I have been able to find so far seem to be these - £48 a test

These are such a con, those who provide them loving the announcement from Boris

https://www.testingforall.org/product/day-2-pcr-test/

£40 from NWP.

https://nwp-online.co.uk/store/p/covid-19-day-2-pcr-testing-package-for-fully-vaccinated-travellers

Can't see anyone going to this now. I certainly can't, and this is going to get worse before it gets better.  Wouldn't be surprised if there's a total ban brought in.

On the bright side, will miss getting our heads kicked in by the ultras 🤣

Edited by Sean2000