Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Napoli (A)

3 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

We never sent the Day 2 tests off after Warsaw. In fact, we didn’t even take the test 😂

Its all about the reference number on the PLF. Not sure they’ll really bother with checking you’re isolating or not

It would make much more sense to increase NHS tests for this, even if people had to pay £20-30 for them. Are these third party companies even going to send results? Sure loads of people weren't getting them previously thus it was a moneymaking exercise and nothing else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It would make much more sense to increase NHS tests for this, even if people had to pay £20-30 for them. Are these third party companies even going to send results? Sure loads of people weren't getting them previously thus it was a moneymaking exercise and nothing else.

That's all this bollocks has ever been (the rules, not COVID, obviously).

Annoying for those of you travelling, hopefully the game still goes ahead as planned.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The thing is that this recent change is less about being positive and more about the variant you are positive with.

Will the private companies be directly feeding to the NHS if it’s Omicron? 

If they wanted to keep the country operating surely you could do both a LFT and PCR at the same time upon arrival. LFT confirms if you are positive. PCR what variant. If you are positive, self isolation. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It’s almost as if private companies with no regard for the public were paying off people in the corridors of power to further their agenda. And those people in power didn’t care about directing testing through the nhs where testing capacity exists to create additional income when they’re under ‘such huge strain.’ But of course something like that would never happen in a country like the uk, all very clean and ethical here. No corruption to be seen…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The rules have finally made the government website. I simply can’t see how the govt are going to enforce if it’s all with private testers.

The only thing you require which is ever recognised by the govt is code again for your form. 

Have you got a link to this please ? Struggling to find any information regarding the new day 2 rules

Seems like the rules are pretty much identical to the Warsaw trip, you can do your PCR day 2 test before Day 2 so as soon as you are back, then if you go to one of the drop in clinics in Leicester. You get the results within 24 hours so worse case is that you isolate for one day 

25 minutes ago, DBF said:

Seems like the rules are pretty much identical to the Warsaw trip, you can do your PCR day 2 test before Day 2 so as soon as you are back, then if you go to one of the drop in clinics in Leicester. You get the results within 24 hours so worse case is that you isolate for one day 

It proves what nonsense this is because there is nothing stopping you going to a clinic via any form of transport.

If they were adamant and strict, the only way you’d be able to get back from the airport is via your own transport or taxi.

Instead someone could literally have covid, use public transport galore, go to a clinic, test and then wait two days for a result. Confirmed you’ve just spread it across an airport, a bus or train and a shopping centre. 

I think the reason for PCR on return is so they can gene sequence the positive results to identify the new variant, remember if you are positive with it then all your close contacts will have to isolate for 10 days regardless of vaccine status.

I was in Italy working a few weeks ago, got pinged from the PLF on the flight back, just had to do PCR test, but if anyone on your flight home tests positive now you will have to isolate for 10 days.

Edited by philce

5 minutes ago, philce said:

I was in Italy working a few weeks ago, got pinged from the PLF on the flight back, if anyone on your flight home tests positive you will have to isolate for 10 days.

I didn't think you need to isolate if double jabbed unless you start showing symptoms. Ignoring the new requirement to isolate anyway until result comes back. 

Edited by Lako42

I went to Spain in October got pinged and telephoned by NHS services to tell me someone on my flight home had covid.  Initially was told to self isolate I then explained to the girl I spoke to in the call centre I was double jabbed, had tested negative on the day 2 test and was showing no signs of any illness.  She had a short conversation with a manager in the centre and was then told I didnt need to self isolate.

1 hour ago, philce said:

I think the reason for PCR on return is so they can gene sequence the positive results to identify the new variant, remember if you are positive with it then all your close contacts will have to isolate for 10 days regardless of vaccine status.

I was in Italy working a few weeks ago, got pinged from the PLF on the flight back, just had to do PCR test, but if anyone on your flight home tests positive now you will have to isolate for 10 days.

Do you have a link to the 10 days self isolation note ? I’m checking government website for this and can’t find it. I have made a mention to work and you can imagine their reaction. 

found it :- 10 days applies if the person in question is suspected has been infected by Omicron variant. Normal rules apply otherwise 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Very conflicted on if I do this still, have my plane and away ticket sorted, but this 2 day isolation  thing isn't great as won't land til Friday night.

I'm worried that Italy may move the goal posts on arrival aswell, mainly if they bring in self-isolation or anything like that

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Also looks like the UK govt are adamant you do a PCR test if you’ve just recovered from COVID meaning a high chance of a positive test and subsequent another spell of self isolation 

Have they? Where have they said that?

Will the Newcastle game go ahead, the players will need to self isolate when they get back until they get a -ve result from a PCR test, there is nothing in the new guidelines about elite sports people being exempt. Lets face it this is becoming a right shambles by bumbling Boris and his cronies.

22 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Have they? Where have they said that?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection#tests-for-covid-19

Testing after your isolation period has ended

If you have tested positive by PCR for COVID-19, you will probably have developed some immunity to the disease. However, it cannot be guaranteed that everyone will develop immunity, or how long it will last. It is possible for PCR tests to remain positive for some time after COVID-19 infection.

If you have previously received a positive COVID-19 PCRtest result, you are not usually advised to be re-tested within 90 days of this result. However, you should have a PCR test within 90 days of a previous positive PCRtest if:

• you develop any new symptoms of COVID-19
  • you are a close contact of someone who has been identified as a suspected or confirmed case of the Omicron variant of COVID-19
  • you are required to take a PCR test upon entry into the UK

If you are tested within 90 days of a positive PCR test result for any of these 3 reasons, and the PCR test result is positive, you must stay at home, self-isolate and follow the steps in this guidance again.

Also mentioned here - https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/travel/your-questions-on-covid-travel-restrictions-answered-from-cancellations-to-testing-and-quarantine-1325404

Edited by Cardiff_Fox