Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Napoli (A)

16 hours ago, BristolFox1 said:

Has anyone who is doing the bus trip from Rome received email confirmation of their purchase? I ordered on Saturday and have had the money out of my account but still no email confirmation?

It is an automatic confirmation!? I have you +1 on my list!

1 hour ago, jht19 said:

Is anyone able to just let us know what test is needed for this & can you get it done in town? Cheers 

You need a lateral flow test to get into Italy taken 48 hrs before you travel which you can do at home. The PCR test you can get done in the Highcross (£69) or order one to do at home needs to be taken within 2 days of returning you need a ref no. for the passenger locator form which should be given when you book the test

Guest Fox-66
1 hour ago, jht19 said:

Is anyone able to just let us know what test is needed for this & can you get it done in town? Cheers 

If you travel from the UK and can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated, you can enter Italy without needing to self-isolate if you also

1. Fill in the passenger locator form (EU PLF) before you enter Italy to get a QR code to show to your travel provider and Border Police. You can ask for paper form if you do not have an electronic device
2. Show evidence of a negative PCR or antigen test, taken within 48 hours before entering Italy.

The above info is from https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/coronavirus

Personally I do not think a Lateral Flow Test matches the above criteria as someone has mentioned on this thread.

My plan...
1. I have booked an 'In Lab' COVID-19 rapid antigen pre-departure test & certificate for travel for Tuesday PM (e.g. 48 hours before I entered Italy on Thursday AM). This is booked at DAM Health in Leicester. Suite 1, 1st Floor, 60 Charles Street, Leicester, LE1 1FB. Cost £29

2. I return to the UK Friday night. So I have booked an 'In Lab' Mandatory Day 2 PCR (Results within 24 hours) on Saturday Morning. This is the test for which you need to self-isolate until you get the results. However the result will be back 24 hours latest (normally by midnight on the same day) to enable me to know that I am safe to attend he Newcastle game. Cost £69.

If the rules are changed by the Italian Government that stops the trip (e.g. Behind closed door or the need to self-isolate upon arrival in Italy) both the above appointments can be cancelled with full refunds.

Hope that helps. But if you are not fully vaccinated it's a different issue....

6 hours ago, NZ_Foxile said:

Wonder when they’ll post out the vouchers. I leave for Italy at the end of the week, I’d still be able to collect my ticket without a voucher, won’t I?

Called and asked them about this this morning  

Should have them latest Tuesday 

LCFC delegates travelled to Naples on Monday and so should announce ticket collection point, ‘later today or tomorrow morning’ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

You need a lateral flow test to get into Italy taken 48 hrs before you travel which you can do at home. The PCR test you can get done in the Highcross (£69) or order one to do at home needs to be taken within 2 days of returning you need a ref no. for the passenger locator form which should be given when you book the test

This is incorrect. You can’t enter Italy with a home test. You need antigen fit to fly test . Roughly £30

2 hours ago, Fox-66 said:

If you travel from the UK and can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated, you can enter Italy without needing to self-isolate if you also

1. Fill in the passenger locator form (EU PLF) before you enter Italy to get a QR code to show to your travel provider and Border Police. You can ask for paper form if you do not have an electronic device
2. Show evidence of a negative PCR or antigen test, taken within 48 hours before entering Italy.

The above info is from https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/coronavirus

Personally I do not think a Lateral Flow Test matches the above criteria as someone has mentioned on this thread.

My plan...
1. I have booked an 'In Lab' COVID-19 rapid antigen pre-departure test & certificate for travel for Tuesday PM (e.g. 48 hours before I entered Italy on Thursday AM). This is booked at DAM Health in Leicester. Suite 1, 1st Floor, 60 Charles Street, Leicester, LE1 1FB. Cost £29

2. I return to the UK Friday night. So I have booked an 'In Lab' Mandatory Day 2 PCR (Results within 24 hours) on Saturday Morning. This is the test for which you need to self-isolate until you get the results. However the result will be back 24 hours latest (normally by midnight on the same day) to enable me to know that I am safe to attend he Newcastle game. Cost £69.

If the rules are changed by the Italian Government that stops the trip (e.g. Behind closed door or the need to self-isolate upon arrival in Italy) both the above appointments can be cancelled with full refunds.

Hope that helps. But if you are not fully vaccinated it's a different issue....

An antigen test is a lateral flow test, there’s no specification that it has to be done in a test centre? It had better be ok, as that’s what I have! 

Guest Fox-66
5 minutes ago, NZ_Foxile said:

An antigen test is a lateral flow test, there’s no specification that it has to be done in a test centre? It had better be ok, as that’s what I have! 

Yes, you are correct. A antigen test is a lateral flow test. And again you are correct the gov website does not mention a test centre. 

But while in Warsaw, before my return to the UK, I needed a antigen test / lateral flow test from am official test centre before I could check-in on the return flight. Not just something I stuck up my own nose for 15 seconds, (which I do twice a week as I work as a volunteer at the LRI vaccination centre most weekends).

As mentioned, I was sharing 'my plan', which is to have a Fit to Fly | Lateral Flow Antigen Test at a test centre for £29 on Tuesday evening. When I go to the lab I need to take my passport and the result of the test are uploaded into my Health Passport Worldwide App. This way I know I am safe and covered.

I am also maybe preempting a possible change of policy by the Italian government, (as France have done today) by requiring an antigen test / lateral flow test from a private provider before entry into their country.

For all the cash I am spending to watch this game, my choice is to spend an additional £29 to have the Fit to Fly | Lateral Flow Antigen Test

37 minutes ago, Fox-66 said:

Yes, you are correct. A antigen test is a lateral flow test. And again you are correct the gov website does not mention a test centre. 

But while in Warsaw, before my return to the UK, I needed a antigen test / lateral flow test from am official test centre before I could check-in on the return flight. Not just something I stuck up my own nose for 15 seconds, (which I do twice a week as I work as a volunteer at the LRI vaccination centre most weekends).

As mentioned, I was sharing 'my plan', which is to have a Fit to Fly | Lateral Flow Antigen Test at a test centre for £29 on Tuesday evening. When I go to the lab I need to take my passport and the result of the test are uploaded into my Health Passport Worldwide App. This way I know I am safe and covered.

I am also maybe preempting a possible change of policy by the Italian government, (as France have done today) by requiring an antigen test / lateral flow test from a private provider before entry into their country.

For all the cash I am spending to watch this game, my choice is to spend an additional £29 to have the Fit to Fly | Lateral Flow Antigen Test

The fit to fly lateral flow test can be done yourself at home, you submit the result online, then you’re issued with a fit to fly certificate by the private test provider. 

I was only questioning your earlier assertion that a lateral low test wasn’t sufficient. You’re right, a free NHS lateral flow test isn’t, but a test at home from a private provider is.

• Like 1

Why the club say you need a voucher in order to collect the match ticket, is ridiculous.  Surely confirmation of ticket purchase should be enough with ID?  Club

could save itself a few quid in postage with the ridiculous hoops you have to go through in order to attend the game.  Simple answer is why not do what Man City do a print at home ticket.......simples.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Why the club say you need a voucher in order to collect the match ticket, is ridiculous.  Surely confirmation of ticket purchase should be enough with ID?  Club

could save itself a few quid in postage with the ridiculous hoops you have to go through in order to attend the game.  Simple answer is why not do what Man City do a print at home ticket.......simples.

Waste of paper, waste of postage. Especially as it sounds like, from an earlier post,  they’re not planning on getting them to us until Tuesday possibly. Which will be too late for anyone  travelling before Wednesday, making it pretty pointless.

I’m sure this ticket collection from a hotel thing  is done purely so a load of LCFC staff get a free holiday abroad in a posh hotel 😄 speaking of which, when are they going to let us know where that will be? It might affect where I decide to stay

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Called and asked them about this this morning  

Should have them latest Tuesday 

LCFC delegates travelled to Naples on Monday and so should announce ticket collection point, ‘later today or tomorrow morning’ 

I’m in touch with the police these days and they told me yesterday they will confirm on Monday ticket pickup point. They said most likely it’ll be at the fans gathering zone which is Naples Port! I can’t see them doing anywhere else as it would create to much work for them.

18 hours ago, happy85 said:

This is incorrect. You can’t enter Italy with a home test. You need antigen fit to fly test . Roughly £30

I recently came back from Luton airport and I can confirm a 48hr negative test is needed although I’m vaccinated. The police told me I’d have to quarantine for 5 days. Even if you’ve had the 3rd booster shot I’d still recommend getting a quick test to be sure.

4 hours ago, NZ_Foxile said:

Waste of paper, waste of postage. Especially as it sounds like, from an earlier post,  they’re not planning on getting them to us until Tuesday possibly. Which will be too late for anyone  travelling before Wednesday, making it pretty pointless.

I’m sure this ticket collection from a hotel thing  is done purely so a load of LCFC staff get a free holiday abroad in a posh hotel 😄 speaking of which, when are they going to let us know where that will be? It might affect where I decide to stay

I leave on Monday evening ahead of an early flight Tuesday morning. Receiving the voucher on Tuesday would be too late for me. I've emailed the club asking for an explanation or an alternative arrangement.

• Like 1

Just now, Craig said:

Some from the club did fly out to Naples on Monday and when they got to where they’d been told the collection point would be nobody knew anything about it lol 

You mean to say the Italian Authorities didn't let them know?!