Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Napoli (A)

2 minutes ago, trickytrevbenjamin said:

Slightly anxious about the whole thought of this trip now with the variant and the chance of trouble there.

How are others feeling? I’m hoping to get out early in the day prior to the game to see some of the sites but is even that not worth the risk? 

Keen not to miss us playing in such an iconic fixture, as who would of thought we’d be playing Napoli 10 years ago but the whole worry definitely makes me think is it worth it. 

You’ll be good in the daylight hours. And it depends what you mean by sights. 

My worry for a lot of people arriving on the day is that check in will be say 3pm? I think the police will be looking to round up fans by that time on the coaches. I’m aware the ticket collection is open until 4 but this is Italy, there’s no rhyme or reason. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, trickytrevbenjamin said:

Slightly anxious about the whole thought of this trip now with the variant and the chance of trouble there.

How are others feeling? I’m hoping to get out early in the day prior to the game to see some of the sites but is even that not worth the risk? 

Keen not to miss us playing in such an iconic fixture, as who would of thought we’d be playing Napoli 10 years ago but the whole worry definitely makes me think is it worth it. 

Trust me, the best thing to do is get absolutely willy pullered as quickly as possible. 

That way you won't care what happens. The key is to take only the amount of cash required to get you into this state. 

Crack on

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, trickytrevbenjamin said:

It’ll be fine.

You can’t hide from Covid forever- so what if there’s a new variant?

As for the rest- just keep your wits about you.

People are getting stabbed left right and centre in Leicester recently, but we all still go Highcross

• Like 3

Pretty sure that the Napoli ultras would have known the collection point way before anyone here.

If your sensible, you won't have any issues. It's the people that think they know better than the advise, and go off the beaten track, that come unstuck.

Shouldn't be the case, it's a real shame.

On a side note, even at Southampton the other night I managed to narrowly avoid a large group of idiots fighting in the park. Probably about 15 v 15....

8 hours ago, trickytrevbenjamin said:

Know exactly what you are saying. I don’t fly back until Saturday and will miss the Sunday game plus a family get together. 

One day I’m saying sod it, the next I’m going. Got all the paperwork sorted, just the test on Monday. But it’s four days away from the missus and daily hassle in Leicester. Plus staying in Rome which I know really well.

FI, I’m going! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, blurryface said:

I hear you, I'd all but cancelled yesterday.

Then thought about how wounded I'd be to miss out because of a new variant. I'm double jabbed, seem to find 3 or 4 masks every time in my coat pocket, going on a limited budget and keeping my wits about me.

Some things just can't be missed.

One week from now you'll be glad you went.

🦊

33 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Know exactly what you are saying. I don’t fly back until Saturday and will miss the Sunday game plus a family get together. 

One day I’m saying sod it, the next I’m going. Got all the paperwork sorted, just the test on Monday. But it’s four days away from the missus and daily hassle in Leicester. Plus staying in Rome which I know really well.

FI, I’m going! 

Thanks for the genuine responses. I’m going with my dad in his late 60s, so that has been playing on my mind but he’s had his booster an such. 

I suppose we can’t hide from Covid forever and as ppl have said just be sensible. Most ppl in every country are decent, just have to try and avoid the small idiot minority. Won’t be out getting smashed at night so fingers crossed, want to see the Maradona murials and sample the food etc. 

Thanks for the positivity, it’s convinced me and the old man to go 🦊

• Like 3

10 hours ago, trickytrevbenjamin said:

Grab a train from the station at about 9am and head to Pompeii for an hour or two! I’d suggest when you get back take a taxi directly to the fans safe zone.

Don’t let the beautiful blue sky and sun fool you in the morning and make sure you take a heavy jacket with you.

9 hours ago, Unic said:

Sean, any talk over there of changing entry arrangements?

im sure I speak for us all in asking you to keep your ear to the ground and let us know of anything

Nothing new yet but on Monday the police will tell me their final words!

Masks need to be worn in the stadium and busy public areas,COVID pass with matching document(name) will be checked at the stadium and I always recommend a few beers to all but keep in mind I’ve seen people refused entry to the stadiums here in Italy due to the police thinking they were to drunk.

Anything new I’ll post it here but it is Italy and always a lot of changes up until the last minute 

• Like 1