Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Napoli (A)

15 minutes ago, Fox-66 said:

It's a pain yes but the rule has been introduced to reduce the risk of people in this country dying.

What really bugs me is the single 1 away point granted to us for all the expense and testing we have to endure, which is the exactly same number of away points for driving down the M69 to Villa Park on a Sunday afternoon!!

It’s that geared to saving lives it’s a lateral flow test that isn’t very accurate and relies on the person themselves doing it. It’s bullshit mate.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fox-66 said:

It's a pain yes but the rule has been introduced to reduce the risk of people in this country dying.

What really bugs me is the single 1 away point granted to us for all the expense and testing we have to endure, which is the exactly same number of away points for driving down the M69 to Villa Park on a Sunday afternoon!!

But it’s a choice, you’re choosing to go here during these times. If it really bugs you, don’t do it. 

This is such a pain - I wouldn't be irritated if they'd just gone with this from the emergence of Omicron - I don't see how this has gone differently since then to how anyone had predicted.

I'm really not keen on the increased risk of having to isolate and be stuck in Italy for 10 days - the only way to avoid this is to take an antigen 48 hours or less before you are due to arrive back in the UK?  Faced with packing it all in or changing flights to compress the trip...

Are we still assuming at the moment that PCR and self isolation still also required in addition when you get back?

2 minutes ago, billyn88 said:

This is such a pain - I wouldn't be irritated if they'd just gone with this from the emergence of Omicron - I don't see how this has gone differently since then to how anyone had predicted.

I'm really not keen on the increased risk of having to isolate and be stuck in Italy for 10 days - the only way to avoid this is to take an antigen 48 hours or less before you are due to arrive back in the UK?  Faced with packing it all in or changing flights to compress the trip...

Are we still assuming at the moment that PCR and self isolation still also required in addition when you get back?

Antigen test before you fly to Italy - 48 hours before your flight out

Antigen test in Italy - 48 hours before flight back to UK

PCR test in UK - within 2 days of being back

Edited by moore_94

From the government website. So if you are flying out on or after the Tuesday and coming back Friday you only need one test that is the one in England.

Taking your test in the UK before travel

If you are returning to the UK within 3 days, you can use the result of a COVID-19 test that you take in the UK before you travel. You must use a private test provider for the test and not an NHS test.

The service on which you will arrive back in the UK must set off for the UK within 3 days of when you took the test.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

From the government website. So if you are flying out on or after the Tuesday and coming back Friday you only need one test that is the one in England.

If you are returning to the UK within 3 days, you can use the result of a COVID-19 test that you take in the UK before you travel. You must use a private test provider for the test and not an NHS test.

The service on which you will arrive back in the UK must set off for the UK within 3 days of when you took the test.

Can you post the link for this?  As usual not seeing much official written guidance yet.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NZ_Foxile said:

Well that’s bloody annoying. I’ve got a load of unused lateral flow tests that I bought before they changed the rules for needing a PCR test. But they’re at home, I’m already in Italy :angry:

Now I have to find out how to get a pre-departure test done over here 

Can you let me know if you have any luck at finding one in Rome? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

This is the website I used I am assuming this will still be valid.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing before you travel to England - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

This was last updated 5th November so I wouldn't rely on this at all unfortunately.

I'd go off 48 hour gap and check final guidance that a test in the UK before you go within that timeframe will be enough.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Pretty much the same as Warsaw then now. 

As hoping for a relaxation so it’s 99% off for us. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

4 minutes ago, billyn88 said:

It looks like it has now been updated.  From what I understand from the below any test taken on Wednesday at any time will do for a Friday return:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england

Until 4am 7 December, you can take the test any time in the 3 days before the service on which you will arrive in England departs.

For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you could take a test any time on the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. The test result must be available for boarding.

6 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Until 4am 7 December, you can take the test any time in the 3 days before the service on which you will arrive in England departs.

For example, if you travel directly to England on Friday, you could take a test any time on the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. The test result must be available for boarding.

You'll only get away with 3 days if you're coming back on Thursday going off that which seems unlikely for anyone going to this game..

Just now, Ballie1981 said:

So if you get your test results back at 0830 Wednesday  but fly back 1100 Friday, is that 2 days ? 

2FC222E9-1A37-403F-9270-B71370EC53DF.jpeg

That's how I've read it - it's by days rather than hours.  In theory I could still do my current plans but it would require an antigen test between midnight and 3am on Wednesday...