Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
damolcfc

Energy Prices ๐Ÿ™„

If anybody is shopping around, and Octopus Energy happens to be the cheapest for you, feel free to use my referral link. We both get ยฃ50 credit if you use it.ย share.octopus.energy/night-newt-684

ย 

I'm quite fortunate that I locked away on a 24 month fix in April this year, so my prices are far below what is available currently. It does mean though that in April 2023 and my tariff expires, my energy bills will more than double overnight.

• Like 1

I got transferred to Octopus when Avro went pop. I don't mind Octopus, i have been with them in the past and ethically they are one of the better. Well done on the fix and be positive that you're saving money massively right now. ๐Ÿ™‚

Igloo went bust and now ive been transferred to eon.

Pity about Igloo as I was with them for a couple of years and no issues whatsoever.

Like others have said it's no use price comparing until things settle down.

ย 

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Raj said:

Igloo went bust and now ice been transferred to eon.

Pity about Igloo as I was with them for a couple of years and no issues whatsoever.

Like others have said it's no use price comparing until things settle down.

ย 

Same here. It's a shame as I thought Igloo's customer service, website, prices, and communication in general was excellent.

ย 

Not overly happy about being transferred to Eon. Was with them years ago and they were shite.

• Like 1

Fixed deal comes to an end this month.ย  Great timing.ย  lol

ย 

There are no options currently, apart from sticking with the current supplier.ย  ยฃ30 a month extra is what we're looking at until April of next year.ย  I'll check back every month and see if a fixed becomes available for less but at the moment that is simply not possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Fixed deal comes to an end this month.ย  Great timing.ย  lol

ย 

There are no options currently, apart from sticking with the current supplier.ย  ยฃ30 a month extra is what we're looking at until April of next year.ย  I'll check back every month and see if a fixed becomes available for less but at the moment that is simply not possible.

Yep. I'm in the same situation.ย 

• Like 1

My daughter is on pre-pay (and on universal credits) and her costs are already inflated by being on a pre-pay meter, which in itself feels unfair. She's going to struggle to manage her fuel bills. Looks like we'll have to help out as well as try to absorb the rises to our own bills.

We were with Green Network Energy which was one the first to sink. We got transferred to EDF. I'm going to wait until things settle a bit then look to switch. Octopus seems reasonable judging from the reviews but it's still a risk as it's another small outfit like those that have gone under.

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

My daughter is on pre-pay (and on universal credits) and her costs are already inflated by being on a pre-pay meter, which in itself feels unfair. She's going to struggle to manage her fuel bills. Looks like we'll have to help out as well as try to absorb the rises to our own bills.

We were with Green Network Energy which was one the first to sink. We got transferred to EDF. I'm going to wait until things settle a bit then look to switch. Octopus seems reasonable judging from the reviews but it's still a risk as it's another small outfit like those that have gone under.

Octopus look as though they're going to be fine:ย https://inews.co.uk/news/business/octopus-energy-safe-firm-ceo-suppliers-going-bust-gas-crisis-explained-1213823

ย 

Again, I have a referral code at the top of this page. Of course, you'll probably want to see if any family or friends have a code for you. Better sharing ยฃ100 with them than a random bloke off Foxestalk lol

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...
1 minute ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

...from 2030

Context is so very important, isn't it?

ย 

(And so at other factors that are being overlooked that could vastly affect the price of energy and everything else in a couple of decades, which tend to not factor into the thoughts of those wanting a quick material gain now, too.)

5 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The problem is not the energy usage, it's the standing charge which is far too high.

As a family of four on electric only (no gas in our village), our monthly DD is over ยฃ250 and the standing charge of 48p a day is only ยฃ14 of that - peanuts in comparison to our usage.

ย 

The problem is a unit rate of 22p p/kWh (which was over 30p not long ago). A few years ago it was only 11 or 12p p/kWh which is why everyone's bills have doubled.

ย 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Izzy said:

As a family of four on electric only (no gas in our village), our monthly DD is over ยฃ250 and the standing charge of 48p a day is only ยฃ14 of that - peanuts in comparison to our usage.

ย 

The problem is a unit rate of 22p p/kWh (which was over 30p not long ago). A few years ago it was only 11 or 12p p/kWh which is why everyone's bills have doubled.

ย 

Same here. No gas in our valley or for miles around. 64p per day standing charge and 23p per kWhย 

The standing charge is too high but is tiny in comparison to the usage charges, especially in the winter.ย 
Luckily we have 2 wood burners which help but they donโ€™t heat the whole house.ย 
ย 

• Like 1

I was chatting today to my niece who has moved out to Goa and although they often have the air-con on all day, their electricity bill is ยฃ7 a month.

ย 

Is it possible to import electricity?

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

IMG_4289.png

The energy price cap was significantly higher in Aug 22 than now and was predicted to be nearly double this winters cap in Oct 22.ย 

ย 

The world moves on, I suggest you join it.

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raj said:

Time to compare and start thinking about locking in on a fixed deal of its anywhere near what your paying atm.

ย 

Yeah just done this. Fixed for 12 months. ยฃ5 more that paying at the minute but with it going up and rumoured to go up again thought I might as well.ย 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Yeah just done this. Fixed for 12 months. ยฃ5 more that paying at the minute but with it going up and rumoured to go up again thought I might as well.ย 

Who did you opt for in the end?

ย 

I'm looking at Ovoย 1 Year Fixed 23 August 2024

ย