Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
damolcfc

Energy Prices 🙄

22 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Just gone for this, was with Octopus already. It's about 5% more than I'm paying at the minute but Martin Lewis reckons if it's within 11% it's probably worth fixing.

We shall see

Yeah exactly the same situation. Around 3% more expensive but for 12 months probably worth the gamble of fixing. 

Actually don't mind octopus they are usually quite helpful 

After comparing and looking at trackers and fixed, ovo  are doing a 12 month fixed but with early exit fees of £50 so also opted for the Octopus 12 month fixed as it's not got an early exit fees just incase theres a massive hike in energy!!🙄😁

Was looking at moving onto a fixed tariff, went to put in my meter readings this morning and realised E.ON next have put in a massive overestimate for gas last month. We were away at the time and I didn't submit as usual. I've now got to ring them and do battle trying to get them to see sense and amend with all the evidence stating it's an error on their end. I've been here before and it took months to sort, I imagine this is gonna be a massive issue when I want to leave for another provider and we're classed as in debit to them.

I'm in a tricky position. I have solar panels on my current house and my DD is down to £55 pcm. But I'm buying a new place and moving probably October.

I'll have around £400 credit and don't know whether to just stick with that through winter, stay with Octopus and ride it out or try and lock in for a year?

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

I'm in a tricky position. I have solar panels on my current house and my DD is down to £55 pcm. But I'm buying a new place and moving probably October.

I'll have around £400 credit and don't know whether to just stick with that through winter, stay with Octopus and ride it out or try and lock in for a year?

Why would you want credit in the energy suppliers account?

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Call them up. You can usually transfer existing tariffs when you move house so moving shouldn't really affect your decision (bar not having the panels so will be paying more). 

• Like 1