Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pliskin

Personal favourite 11

32 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

A lot of love for Kaamark, which is nice to see. What a player he was.

Amazed at those who don't put Vardy in the team. I have nothing but love for that man. Not only is he one of the best characters / entertainers we've ever had he's also one one of our best ever players.

Kaamark was brilliant, such a shame he didn’t stay longer. Probably won’t find a better man for man marker in that era.

• Like 3

Flowers - Unreal keeper

Naughton - Was amazing in his loan spell, wished we could have kept him. Ricardo is better though. 

Sinclair - Absolute unit who took no prisoners. 

Taggart - Similar to Sinclair but a little more discreet and really warmed to Leicester as a club. 

Guppy - Possibly the best crosser I've seen at the club. 

Izzet - Embraced the opportunity and became part of the furniture. Massively underrated as a player. 

Lennon - If Izzet was the flashy exterior, Lenny was the engine that kept the machine in motion. Again really ceased the opportunity, and also underrated. 

Cambiasso - Considering his age he still looked a class above in his time at the club. One can only imagine what he was like in his prime (scary thought). 

Knockaert - Really likeable guy who brought some much needed flair to the team before Pearson coached it out of him. Fondly remembered for his highs and lows at the club. 

Nugent - Always wore a smile on his face, and seemed to be the glue in the changing room. An important character to have around. 

Heskey - My favourite player during the MON era. Burst onto the scene and was unplayable at times. Would loved to have seen what could have been achieved if him and Collymore had spent a season together. 

Honourable mentions to McKinlay and Summerbee for playing for free (you'd never see that these days), the Kante twins, Elliott, Walsh, Rooster, Mauchlan, Wright, Parker, Collymore, Joachim, Dyer, Mahrez, Huth, Kasper, Simmo, and Vardy. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ian__marshall said:

Honourable mentions to McKinlay and Summerbee for playing for free (you'd never see that these days), the Kante twins, Elliott, Walsh, Rooster, Mauchlan, Wright, Parker, Collymore, Joachim, Dyer, Mahrez, Huth, Kasper, Simmo, and Vardy. 

McKinlay's only goal was that belter at Highfield Road if I recall correctly.

I was talking about that side only the other day though. Players who went down, stayed to get the club back up. A lot took pay cuts and obviously McKinlay and Summerbee played for free. Absoloutely wouldn't happen now. If we went down today half of the squad, if not all, would be off.

• Like 1

-----------------------------kasper-------------------------------

walsh            elliot           morgan 

mahrez --------kante ------ndidi------------guppy 

----------------------macallister-------------------------------

-----------vardy------------------------heskey 

On 13/10/2021 at 21:14, Rain King said:

Been thinking about this an unhealthy amount since posting.

Happy with my selection but was hard to leave out Steve Thompson, Lloyd Dyer, Kevin Russell, Iwan Roberts, Scott Taylor and David Nugent.

They can have a place on my fictional bench.

I was torn on Thommo or Tillymons and without the cup final thunderbastard I think "and Thompson.....has equalised....!" was definitely nudging it. The Gary Mac of that Brian Little team.

• Like 1

Schmeichel - gets in basically by default despite me not actually being his biggest fan. Can't argue with what he's achieved and his legacy at the club.

Ricardo - unbeatable and unstoppable when in full flight. I remember there was a point under Puel when he played three positions in three games and was MOTM in all of them.

Morgan - hero.

Fofana - feels odd having someone I've only see play live once over someone like Huth or Evans but he is that talented.

Fuchs - frankly not a great deal of competition here, virtually faultless in 15/16 and seems a genuinely nice man.

Mahrez - if we ever have another player as technically gifted and skilful as him I will be very surprised.

Tielemans - PLEASE STAY.

Kante - a freak of nature.

Cambiasso - visibly streets ahead technically and mentally of the team he played in. Goal against Man Utd one of my all-time favourite moments.

Dyer - if I had to pick a favourite player it would probably be him. How I wish he'd had a crack at the Prem with us.

Vardy - club's greatest ever player and football's top wind-up merchant.

Honourable mentions to Huth and Evans as mentioned already, Iheanacho, Knockaert, Deane, Naughton, Wasyl, Wilf and the countless others I've no doubt forgotten.

Edited by Guest

On 13/10/2021 at 11:17, The People's Hero said:

Pressman

Curtis

Carey

Willis

Gilbert

Blake

Draper (not sh it but thought he needed a mention?)

Philpott

Lackszkzkzkzko

Roberts

Ormondroyd.

Banter si from me 4-1-3-2

douglas

maybury

mccarthy

dublin

mcgivern

Kisnorbo as dm

ryan “smudger” smith

Josh low

momo sylla

Bednar

Hammond (ankle)

manager : Holloway

it’s scary to think some younguns will have idolised this lot. Imagine growing up going to watch momo Sylla prance down the wings.

personally I idolised Lennon, izzett and Heskey growing up and now my boy idolised Vardy, Tielemans and Ndidi. Brings a tear to my eye how far we’ve come

• Haha 1

Proper xi

Kasper

simpson

morgan

huth

fuchs/berner too close to call

lloyd dyer

Andy king

Tielemans

marc albrighton

vardy

fryatt (oddly)

manager : ranieri

felf harsh leaving Kante out without him we don’t win the league but technically when I saw him play he never performed. The others hold memories 

Banks

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs 

Kante   McCallister

Worthington 

Weller   Vardy  Mahrez 

Subs: Fofana, Izzet, Cambiasso, Dougan, Clarke, J. Sinclair, Glover. 

Went for a solid, proven back 4 as it's a very attacking front line. Just can't leave out anyone in the front 4 as they are all  the best players I've seen play for City.