Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pliskin

Personal favourite 11

GK - Kasper - we've had some incredible keepers at the club but of the one's I've seen play it's hard to see past this fella.

RB - Ricardo - thought about Mills but Rickie P is just too good to leave out.

CB - Walsh - Captain fantastic. What a colossus of a player, always delivered when we needed it most. Probably my all time favourite.

CB - Morgan - Proper pulled down Forest pants with this one. A beast of a man. What we achieved under his captaincy is mind blowing.

LB - Schlupp - The best, not by a long shot, but every time he got the ball and ran it was great to watch.

RM - Mahrez - easily the most skillful player I've seen pull our shirt on. What a player, hopefully he comes back for a year or two.

CM - Izzet - I've seen him win so many games for us. Oozed quality. His goal reel has got to be up there with the clubs best.

CM - Kante - Only way I could get 3 in the middle playing 442. 1 season but wow what a season. Shame he didn't stay for the next seasons Champions League adventure.

LM - Dyer - Loved watching this guy. Just played football how every one of us would, and had pace to burn.

ST - Heskey - Have we had a better player come through ranks? Defenders were terrified of him and rightly so. 

ST - Vardy - There should never be a best ever Leicester side without this man in it. Not only our best but one of the very best Premier League strikers to date. I doubted him early doors but he is phenomenal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Incognito said:

Kasper Schmeichel

Pontus Kaamark

Steve Walsh

Robert Huth

Christian Fuchs

Riyad Mahrez

Muzzy Izzet

N'Golo Kante

Esteban Cambiasso

Scott Taylor

Jamie Vardy

Glad Scott Taylor got a mention.  He really was very, very good and losing him to injury was extremely sad. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Cottee is one of those real unsung hero’s of the club. To come back from Malaysia in the 90’s over 30 isn’t easy….. yet he was vital in the MON years. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a poacher like him, his ability to attack the near post and pickup excellent positions in the 6 yard box is a dying art. 

I was thinking that the other day. So many goals where a little ball was dinked into the box and he'd be in that near post area. The two goals against Sunderland come to mind. 

Kasper

Ricardo  Walsh Elliot  Fuchs

Mahrez   Kante  Izzet. Wright

Vardy  Heskey

Tough one choosing  Walsh and Elliot over Huth and Morgan .But those 2 give you goals which these day's our central defenders struggle with .

Also changed Ricardo for Mills at the last minute . Honorable mentions to Guppy and Joachim who just miss out .

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

There must be 11 players that you have a soft spot for?

First player that comes into your head then you think of a position? 

Yeah, didn't think this was necessarily the best eleven players but a mixture of greats, cult heroes and your childhood favourites.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Yeah, didn't think this was necessarily the best eleven players but a mixture of greats, cult heroes and your childhood favourites.

Yea that’s what I was getting at, just personal favourites.

My all time favourite 11 and my personal best 11 would have differences!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TonyN11 said:

You have more than 11?

It sometimes seems like it ....

29 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

There must be 11 players that you have a soft spot for?

First player that comes into your head then you think of a position? 

i've been doing this for over 50 years .....eg. you cant ask me to choose between weller and mahrez.  you cant ditch your childhood heroes but you also can't not choose one of the key components of the team that delivered your best moment in football .......