Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Spartak Moscow (A) Match Thread

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

We have been shit.

Defensively we haven't looked very strong and attacking has been pretty unthreatening. 

We have played quite slick stuff in the centre of the park, but finding ourselves 2-0 down to a championship side can't be anything other than shit.

We'll see what team comes out second half. 

You base your opinions on results rather than performance mate, I'll appreciate q dominant performance when I see one

A deflection and a defensive lapse weve conceded from. 

Weve had 4 or 5 excellent chances ourselves and the xG reflects it. 0.59-1.57 

The win will come if we do that again second half.

Not being helped out by a ref that is either awful or bent.

Just now, Aus Fox said:

What an odd half, we have been by far the better side. 
We are actually playing pretty well
Some shocking officiating here and some poor finishing have us behind. 
Still fancy us for a 3-2 win!

This.

A spawny goal and they could sit back and keep it tight in midfield. But this isn't sideways stuff and we've has plenty of chances. Ref hasn't helped

Handy break now for the usual miserable turds in this thread to get some clean pants to wet

• Haha 1

Joke performance again. We have all the ball and yet as usual the opponent's score at the drop of the hat through our mistakes. Soyuncu needs shooting for the amount of times he gives the ball away near his own goal. 2 players near him and he loses it, just bang it out of play. 1st goal Kasper's fault. Hope and pray we get a point and beat them at home.

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Thought we'd turned a corner against united as although they scored 2, one was a worldie and the other was just a long ball over the top and we didn't give them a great deal else.

We are always worse defensively in a back five, we have full backs providing our only width which means the three centre backs are exposed on counter attacks time and time again. We are also more limited going forward as we can't play any wingers either. Unless it suits us to play that way like last week or Man City away last season for example, we should stick to what we know best against lesser teams.

3 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

We have been shit.

Defensively we haven't looked very strong and attacking has been pretty unthreatening. 

We have played quite slick stuff in the centre of the park, but finding ourselves 2-0 down to a championship side can't be anything other than shit.

We'll see what team comes out second half. 

A "championship side" that beat Napoli away in Naples - Napoli's only loss since February. Enough with the hyperbole!

We fail to take any of a hatfull of chances, get frustrated, they get a lucky deflection, we lose shape and confidence to go 2 down but now have a lifeline. We’re the better team but haven’t responded to the setbacks very well.

Edited by Mr Weller

5 minutes ago, TheFiveTime said:

thomas off barnes on. Iheanacho off. My great grandma on

Didn't Nacho set up our goal?

Is your great grandma going to set up any goals?

(Genuine question - is she? Because we could probably use her, if so)

Edited by Charl91

1 minute ago, Always Next Year said:

Thomas is well out of his depth.

I've been saying that ever since the first game I saw him v spurs away - the Ryan Bennett debacle. 

I've never changed my view. 

He's honest. But no strength nor pace nor height nor any outstanding features. I find foxestalk fixation with him rather odd.

We’ve been knocking the ball around very nicely and the midfield is looking good together.

Spartak have scored from the only two chances they’ve created which was a deflected cross and an error at the back. We do need to sharpen up at the back but this is far from a bad performance. We’ve been playing well.

• Like 1

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

Joke performance again. We have all the ball and yet as usual the opponent's score at the drop of the hat through our mistakes. Soyuncu needs shooting for the amount of times he gives the ball away near his own goal. 2 players near him and he loses it, just bang it out of play. 1st goal Kasper's fault. Hope and pray we get a point and beat them at home.

Was Kasper meant to somehow read and then react to the deflection that wrong footed him? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

The more I see the foul on Daka the more I can’t believe he’s not given a penalty. He’s not touched the ball or even close and kicked Daka’s foot as he’s attempting to shoot.

Unbelievable 

There were three defenders around him - I doubt the ref or assistant saw the incident properly and VAR isn’t going to call it a clear and obvious error cos we aren’t PSG …..

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

You base your opinions on results rather than performance mate, I'll appreciate q dominant performance when I see one

A deflection and a defensive lapse weve conceded from. 

Weve had 4 or 5 excellent chances ourselves and the xG reflects it. 0.59-1.57 

The win will come if we do that again second half.

Not being helped out by a ref that is either awful or bent.

So you would rather us dominate and lose rather than win?

It was a deflection that helped us out for our goal.

I dont think the referee is any worse than anything else we have seen this season.

I agree the win can come if we continue, but I don't think we have been very good.

Probably not allowed to point it out because He's One Of Our Own™..... but....

Luke Thomas really isn't ready to play at this level and ought to have been sent on loan. He's not learning anything where he gets put in for a week, makes a mistake and then doesn't play for a month.

• Like 2