Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Spartak Moscow (A) Match Thread

Just now, turtmcfly said:

This.

A spawny goal and they could sit back and keep it tight in midfield. But this isn't sideways stuff and we've has plenty of chances. Ref hasn't helped

Handy break now for the usual miserable turds in this thread to get some clean pants to wet

The point is it doesn't matter if you play well, if you concede at least 2 a game like we are you are never going to be successful, you might win 3 or 4-2 occasionally but you have to be able to defend. To give up 2 in a half to a team who look Championship standard is typical of how shite this season has been.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

The more I see the foul on Daka the more I can’t believe he’s not given a penalty. He’s not touched the ball or even close and kicked Daka’s foot as he’s attempting to shoot.

Unbelievable 

It's almost as if var can't be bothered to dispute the refs decision... What's the point 

Just now, AKCJ said:

Probably not allowed to point it out because He's One Of Our Own™..... but....

Luke Thomas really isn't ready to play at this level and ought to have been sent on loan. He's not learning anything where he gets put in for a week, makes a mistake and then doesn't play for a month.

His 2 performances vs Legia and Spartak have been dreadful, prior to that I can't remember the last time he'd had a bad game for us but no excusing him recently.

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

The point is it doesn't matter if you play well, if you concede at least 2 a game like we are you are never going to be successful, you might win 3 or 4-2 occasionally but you have to be able to defend. To give up 2 in a half to a team who look Championship standard is typical of how shite this season has been.

“1st goal Kasper's fault" jackass tells me what the point is

2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

A "championship side" that beat Napoli away in Naples - Napoli's only loss since February. Enough with the hyperbole!

We beat Manchester United last game, but we aren't a Champions League team.

These are rubbish, we have made them look good. If we switch on and up our game, we can comfortably win 5-2..

The most frustrating thing I’ve found with our EL performances is just a general lack of urgency. Moscow are clearly trying to waste time at every opportunity so why are we helping them by taking forever on our own set pieces etc. We need to keep moving it quicker before they have time to get back into a shape where they can have 10 players behind the ball. 

Got to go more direct 2nd half and we can still win this, we are still a huge work in progress. We've often looked muck in a back 3 but with Ndidi out it's about working out how we get 2 up top and defend as well as possible.

I thought we started this game very well but then that's what we do almost every European game and miss a few chances and then concede and its an uphill battle.

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

We are always worse defensively in a back five, we have full backs providing our only width which means the three centre backs are exposed on counter attacks time and time again. We are also more limited going forward as we can't play any wingers either.

Played four at the back this season mainly and been pretty poor so just poor defending not the system.

2 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Amartey's defending for the second goal was borderline schoolboy standard.

in his defence, he did slip but his body shape and positioning didn’t help him 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

His 2 performances vs Legia and Spartak have been dreadful, prior to that I can't remember the last time he'd had a bad game for us but no excusing him recently.

and he did play twice for the england U21’s so he’s had game time …..

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

See the knicker wetters are in. :rolleyes:

We haven't been that bad, half decent, a deflection and a slip

#wegotthis

Any chance you can just drop Uefa an email mate?

Let them know it was just a deflection and slip and see if they will honour us the 3 points?

Nice one, cheers.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Does this match even have VAR? Thought Europa doesn’t have it? 

The commentators seem to think so. 

3 minutes ago, Lichfieldfox. said:

Youri looked injured. Dewsbury-Hall to come on. 

Thomas having a poor game, put Barnes or Castagne on. 

Nacho will score. Need to win this one. 

Not Timmy. He's got a tight hamstring and last time he felt that he played on and pulled it. Need him rested.