Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

The Moscow 25

10 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I think I missed you at the meet up in Moscow?

Assuming you were there given that you seem certain the scrutiny/criticism is misplaced and actually felt massively supported by the club in the comms and guidance around getting out there. Safe journey back!

Most of the complaints from what I could tell are from people who didn't actually go to the game. The quality/interesting posts have been from those who did. To be honest as well I have a pretty good excuse for not going to the game. I live in China and I am not legally allowed to leave the country for non essential purposes and if I do my visa would be cancelled and I wouldn't be allowed back and would lose my job. If the borders were open Moscow away would have been one I would almost certainly of gone to. I've spent considerable time in Moscow in the past and I love the city. The further east the match the better for me. The only thing I miss about living in the UK is going to matches so I dream of matches in Moscow or Khazakstan lol

7 hours ago, Lako42 said:

As someone who actually attends matches 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Quite the opposite vibe in my view. A lot of fans are speaking up because the club made it harder for more fans to travel. This isn't about whose a better fan. It's about letting more fans be part of it. In doing so, the club takes criticism in order to improve itself. That's generally how democracy operates. 

For example, look at the amount of information Spurs produced for their fans travelling to the Netherlands - https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2021/october/vitesse-arnhem-v-spurs-ticket-news-and-important-travel-information/

48 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Nobody thinks they're superior to other fans. People speaking out about the club's handling of both its pre and post-match operation here have done so *in support of* their fellow fans - i.e. the ones who travelled and the ones who were deterred from travelling because of a lack of information and/or help beforehand.

The club only bothered to show appreciation because they were bombarded with messages on Twitter calling out their poor show for what it was (I agree with you though in that I also highly doubt it was because of FT). This thread and the other one have been uplifting - I was buzzing yesterday reading the posts from those who made it to Moscow - but that doesn't mean LCFC should be immune from criticism for the way they've treated their fans in this instance.

It's not the club's job to worry about how fans who can't go might react though? I'm obviously gutted I couldn't make it over there but I wouldn't feel like the club were emotionally blackmailing me purely for trying to help those who could.

If supporters of the club are travelling to games then the club should be offering their support to facilitate that as best they can - especially in an extreme instance like this.

Someone thinks they are...

43 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

If I had been to Moscow and only 24 others had made the trip I would 100% think I was superior to other fans.  I would know I was superior. 

The problem is, as has been alluded to in this thread, quite often the fans who go to European aways are not the ones the club want following them.  Which will explain why 800 hardcore in Warsaw with England flags draped around the away end will get no coverage from the club on social media channels as it is not the image they want to send out.

A front row picture of the coach one Grannies at Palace away and its all "Go Blue army" on the club socials.  Extra bonus point if you can get a kid with his face painted in the shot.

Superior because your lifestyle allows something? Because you can afford it, you can take time off work, you dont have family responsibilities?  Come on mate, thats ridiculous. Im sure we all would have loved to go along but its just not possible for most people. 

Is a uni student more superior at watching bargain hunt than you? Just because their schedule allows them to watch it. 

Edited by Lambert09

11 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Most of the complaints from what I could tell are from people who didn't actually go to the game. The quality/interesting posts have been from those who did. To be honest as well I have a pretty good excuse for not going to the game. I live in China and I am not legally allowed to leave the country for non essential purposes and if I do my visa would be cancelled and I wouldn't be allowed back and would lose my job. If the borders were open Moscow away would have been one I would almost certainly of gone to. I've spent considerable time in Moscow in the past and I love the city. The further east the match the better for me. The only thing I miss about living in the UK is going to matches so I dream of matches in Moscow or Khazakstan lol

Fair! I know not everyone wants to scrutinise or criticise the club but, trust me, around this Europa League campaign it has been completely justified.

Even from those who didn’t go, there have been some very reasoned and fair examples of how our club’s off-field operation has fallen well short versus other clubs.

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

I'm glad some other people (even if just a few) are finally seeing this thread as I am. People moan that the club didn't appreciate the support, then people complain when the club did try to show their appreciation. It's always the same people who complain as well, those who think they are more superior than other fans. These fans are normally but not always are associated strongly with Union FS, make of that what you will.

I mean this thread should have been so uplifting, appreciating the efforts of those who went and a place for stories of the trip most couldn't take but instead it's just become the normal one dimensional, 'let's talk about how shit the club is' thread instigated by the usual suspects. 

That’s how you feel. This thread was for fan to fan to show appreciation to make the effort, which is richly deserved. But as threads tend to go. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with fans showing displeasure how the club have handled it all. If you think the club couldn’t have handled it any better than I worry for you. 

46 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

If I had been to Moscow and only 24 others had made the trip I would 100% think I was superior to other fans.  I would know I was superior. 

The problem is, as has been alluded to in this thread, quite often the fans who go to European aways are not the ones the club want following them.  Which will explain why 800 hardcore in Warsaw with England flags draped around the away end will get no coverage from the club on social media channels as it is not the image they want to send out.

A front row picture of the coach one Grannies at Palace away and its all "Go Blue army" on the club socials.  Extra bonus point if you can get a kid with his face painted in the shot.

The club is way too focused on being a family club. I agree. But to say you’d feel superior because you went and others couldn’t (for what I’m sure are all various valid reasons) is silly. 

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

But it kind of alters the perspective and experience of the person if they actually do attend so is quite relevant. 

But I do attend and the way you responding made it sound like you thought I didn't, and proceeded to justify yourself as if you were better/superior.

51 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Fans who turned up early are being made to queue for up to thirty to forty minutes whilst COVID spot checks take place yet fifteen minutes before kick-off all spot checks stop and the queues start to run fine through the ground. So those who are following the request of 'turn up early' get punished the most by standing outside for ages. 

Is this happening at each game and all the time since it was introduced? Or just isolated cases/areas?

I've not had any issues and I've arrived at the stadium at different times, always been pretty straightforward and not held up?

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

No excuse for not acknowledging those that did mind. 

They did in the end though, just not as quickly as some would have hoped/expected.

• Like 1

For what it’s worth I live in Spain and being able to support the club I love in Europe is something I will never forget. Yes we got hammered at Porto but we had already qualified and then in with the home fans at A Madrid was incredible even though they knew we were foxes. Both fixtures were incredibly memorable and I just hope we get a Spanish or Portuguese team next because I will be there. Met some great foxes fans on the way loved every minute 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Superior because your lifestyle allows something? Because you can afford it, you can take time off work, you dont have family responsibilities?  Come on mate, thats ridiculous. Im sure we all would have loved to go along but its just not possible for most people. 

Is a uni student more superior at watching bargain hunt than you? Just because their schedule allows them to watch it. 

I disagree.  If people make the effort and go to games they are superior/better fans then people who dont.

In my village there are loads of glory hunter Liverpool and United fans.  I know the ones who go to games and the ones who dont.  Would I dream of talking football to a glory hunter United fan who "supports" them from an armchair.  Would i heck.

I would be too emabaarsed for them as I would know more about his own club and been to Old Trafford more times than he had as I live and breath the game.  The ones who bother to go to games I respect and will happily talk football all night.

I make sacrifices in terms of money, leave from work and family time to follow us home and away.  Does that make me a more superior fan than people who dont go to games?  Yes it does. 

So in the same way I am a better fan than most I can hold my hands up and admit the 25 who went to Russia are next level to me. 

5 minutes ago, marbles said:

ridiculous

In your tiny head, a fan who goes to the game, boos his/her own players, stares at their phone and leaves early is better than someone who cant go?

Really?

What about someone who travels from another country, like the US? 

Does that make them an even better fan than someone who simply has to walk down the road to the stadium?  

I understand now. Fans outside Europe with money are much better fans than those of you who actually live within the city, and have been following since birth.

]raw

Made up scenarios eh?

I'm finally in a position to be able to afford the cost of driving for 2 hours each way and game ticket, for the odd one or two. I go to my local non league team too. I know this thread isn't about "what's a better supporter" but, given that I'm from the City, went to Filbo as a lad and have seen us when we were shit, does that make me a lesser supporter because I haven't been able to justify the cost for the last few years?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I am one of the 25. I now feel superior to all of you that didn't go ! I should be given the keys to the executive washroom while you lot all piss in a trough.

• Haha 2

The club don't give the Mercury or Radio Leicester any additional interviews etc like they used to. They have reigned it all in. In fact I am of the belief no-one from Leicester Mercury has even been to Seagrave yet (I could be wrong there but Jordan Blackwell was saying he's never had an invite when Rob Tanner could for the Athletic). So yeah the club made a conscious decision there and it probably affects senior folks who don't have the same capability as most of us on the internet or social media. 

So you are guessing, and have no real evidence? 

The club could have ordered more but didn't want too. In fact that Maroon shirt was sold out as early as October/November.

How do you know they could have? What would have been the minimum order been at that time?

Just doesn't really strike as what I'd expect a Premier League club/large business to be like? I might be overestimating the demand but I was told that there is a minimum order which isn't actually that big given how much they actually cost to make. Intestingly Puma were happy to make more of the Champions shirt and Chelsea/Nike were happy to make more of their CL winning shirt with the game refs on it. 

Doesn't matter what Puma will do, it's whether Adidas would do it for us. We aren't Chelsea 

Once again do you have evidence the club didn't want too, or that they could have, or are you just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 22?

Fans who turned up early are being made to queue for up to thirty to forty minutes whilst COVID spot checks take place yet fifteen minutes before kick-off all spot checks stop and the queues start to run fine through the ground. So those who are following the request of 'turn up early' get punished the most by standing outside for ages. 

A 30 second spot check is hardly punishment is it or queuing.

So would you prefer them to carry on and make people miss the first 20 minutes of the game?

As stated elsewhere in the thread, there's a feeling amongst 18 to 35 males that the club shows very little effort to engage, take on their opinions or view them as a pain. Nearly everyone I spoke to in Warsaw held this view and that's people I genuinely don't go games with. Whilst I fit that demographic, we stayed away from the 'British Bulldog' et al type pubs as per we did in Madrid and I'm not really a fan of boisterous pubs, beer throwing etc. 

I get people may feel that way, but why? 

Does the club engage more with different demographic groups, if so how?

Okay yeah the police were poor but the side of the segregation where the trouble occurred was some poxy tarpaulin that could be pulled off and climbed over. No steward presence at all. Alongside this multiple Napoli fans in the home ends who were quite provocative to home supporters. 

The police were stationed there, maybe the club was told not to place stewards there by the police?

Edited by coolhandfox

6 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I'm finally in a position to be able to afford the cost of driving for 2 hours each way and game ticket, for the odd one or two. I go to my local non league team too. I know this thread isn't about "what's a better supporter" but, given that I'm from the City, went to Filbo as a lad and have seen us when we were shit, does that make me a lesser supporter because I haven't been able to justify the cost for the last few years?

Good news and bad news for you.

Good news is that you are a better supporter than a few people I know - Bloke at my work wears a Leicester shirt to go in the gym but doesnt go to any games.  Reckons hes too busy and got 3 kids.

Bad news is there are thousands of better supporters than you that go every game. 

So to answer your question - youy aren't the worst but you aint the best.

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'd like to thank the two posters who think there is a pecking order amongst fans - it makes for a more honest debate, even if I don't like the point of view or the argument for it. 

But to the club there should be. They should be making it as straightforward and comfortable for people to attend matches and especially these ones. There isn't going to be a massive demand so why restrict those that are able to go?

I know it always ends up in a good fan/ bad fan tedious argument but the club could've done a lot more, it seems.

They might not like the lads on tour side of it but those fans have as much right to attend as anyone and should be catered for properly.

6 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Good news and bad news for you.

Good news is that you are a better supporter than a few people I know - Bloke at my work wears a Leicester shirt to go in the gym but doesnt go to any games.  Reckons hes too busy and got 3 kids.

Bad news is there are thousands of better supporters than you that go every game. 

So to answer your question - youy aren't the worst but you aint the best.

You’re completely right. I should probably not call myself a fan anymore. How dare I move to Canada and only make it to games when I’m in the country. 

@StanSPcan we add levels to foxestalk based on how many games you make in a year, just so I can know which members to bow down to? 

• Haha 1