Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

The Moscow 25

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

But to the club there should be. They should be making it as straightforward and comfortable for people to attend matches and especially these ones. There isn't going to be a massive demand so why restrict those that are able to go?

I know it always ends up in a good fan/ bad fan tedious argument but the club could've done a lot more, it seems.

They might not like the lads on tour side of it but those fans have as much right to attend as anyone and should be catered for properly.

You seem to have missed the point. That the club could do better seems indisputable. That some people deem themselves superior to others simply because they're in a position to attend more matches than others strikes me as really divisive and doesn't make me love our fanbase more. 

• Like 1

I traveled away every other week during the pleat years with a small band of dedicated supporters huddling together in crumbling stadiums where it seemed like it was cold and wet every week, surely that pisses all over Russia to watch a famous foxes victory which sounds like a piece of cake in comparison. lol 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I traveled away every other week during the pleat years with a small band of dedicated supporters huddling together in crumbling stadiums where it seemed like it was cold and wet every week, surely that pisses all over Russia to watch a famous foxes victory which sounds like a piece of cake in comparison. lol 

I used to dream of huddling together in a crumbling stadium with my mates. In my day I stood on my own in the snow watching Accrington Stanley beat us in the Johnson Paint Trophy 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

You’re completely right. I should probably not call myself a fan anymore. How dare I move to Canada and only make it to games when I’m in the country. 

@StanSPcan we add levels to foxestalk based on how many games you make in a year, just so I can know which members to bow down to? 

I wish! I can't even get a women's sub forum added :ph34r:.

If I was adding levels, I'd definitely create a 'most arrogant' category and a certain couple would fall straight in lol 

5 minutes ago, marbles said:

No more made up than you claiming to be a fan

The thing is, I have a season ticket and go to aways, but I don't go every week by a long chalk, for reasons both within and outside my control. I'm not going to be dishonest like many and say that I couldn't possibly go to more games - I could. And I'm happy to accept that people that dedicate more time and money to following the team are more dedicated than me. I find it amusing that others can't accept this - is it ego? Insecurity? Who knows.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Maybe so, I still don't like it lol 

Nor do I, but far prefer that than people trying to deny their true colours. 

I've experienced people like it at games, it's not pleasant and it lurks here too. Apparently I'm lesser than lad types because I attend games alone. 

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

The thing is, I have a season ticket and go to aways, but I don't go every week by a long chalk, for reasons both within and outside my control. I'm not going to be dishonest like many and say that I couldn't possibly go to more games - I could. And I'm happy to accept that people that dedicate more time and money to following the team are more dedicated than me. I find it amusing that others can't accept this - is it ego? Insecurity? Who knows.

I think dedicated is a good word here, and far more constructive than superior. 

Yes, of course many fans are more dedicated than I am willing or able to be. No ego bruised here :thumbup:

• Like 2

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I think dedicated is a good word here, and far more constructive than superior. 

Yes, of course many fans are more dedicated than I am willing or able to be. No ego bruised here :thumbup:

I never used superior and I was clear in my original post that, in this one-dimensional context, when people say 'better', dedication is usually what is being referred to.

It:

a) is a blunt instrument and not an exact science;

b) doesn't reflect on anybody on any kind of wider basis or as a person; and

c) doesn't make anyone's reasons for going or not going any less valid.

8 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

What an odd debate.

The only real measure of how much of a fan somebody is, really, is how much they care when we win or lose. Reason being, attendance has too much to do with other factors including wealth, other commitments and geography

And since how much one cares/pays attention to LCFC is almost impossible to measure, it renders it a pointless debate. 

And who cares anyway? Stinks of people with not much to shout about wearing it as a badge of honour. Good for you, you win the biggest bravest lion (I mean fox) award.

Seems like the other way round to me, those that don’t attend regularly are throwing every excuse in the book as to why they can’t. You prioritise other things over going to matches, it’s fine!!

4 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Seems like the other way round to me, those that don’t attend regularly are throwing every excuse in the book as to why they can’t. You prioritise other things over going to matches, it’s fine!!

There's not been many excuses here though. 

The argument being that some people think it's not fine. God forbid someone have priorities such as family or work and sometimes therefore can't always afford to go to a game. They're being castigated for it and made to feel worthless as a fan. Not how it should be. 

I do, however, have massive respect for those that regularly do travel away and abroad to games. That will never change even if some can be arrogant about it. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I never used superior and I was clear in my original post that, in this one-dimensional context, when people say 'better', dedication is usually what is being referred to.

It:

a) is a blunt instrument and not an exact science;

b) doesn't reflect on anybody on any kind of wider basis or as a person; and

c) doesn't make anyone's reasons for going or not going any less valid.

No, you didn't, but someone else in this thread did, so I was thanking you for reframing the matter.