Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

The Moscow 25

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

There's not been many excuses here though. 

The argument being that some people think it's not fine. God forbid someone have priorities such as family or work and sometimes therefore can't always afford to go to a game. They're being castigated for it and made to feel worthless as a fan. Not how it should be. 

I do, however, have massive respect for those that regularly do travel away and abroad to games. That will never change even if some can be arrogant about it. 

True, maybe not excuses, more getting very touchy about the justification over not going to games. 
A bit like those that sit around me that leave en masse in the 85th minute of every game wildly justifying why they do it. Ok, you are scared of traffic…it’s fine.

However, I agree with everything you said in this post, very weird if you get castigated for not going to games regularly and I have huge respect for those that go everywhere 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Seems like the other way round to me, those that don’t attend regularly are throwing every excuse in the book as to why they can’t. You prioritise other things over going to matches, it’s fine!!

Does this count....!

senioren-und-mobilitaet-rollstuehle-rollstuhl-leichtgewichtsrollstuhl-leichter-fuer-grosse-menschen-die222148o-_0_600x600.jpg.b9c0cde8c6b65e03cdc305c2e935bfe0.jpg

Or...IMG-20211013-WA0008.thumb.jpg.358d2ba57d7bc9ac61b32b3fe3b42529.jpg

This lad in the Porsch was 30Kilo Lighter 4 years ago...and when Standing still could do 100m 11.4Sec.

& The white lad Standing could lick you to the marrow in 12secs..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Nobody said that at all lol Someone asked you if you go alone.

You literally called the "lad types" a "bloody nuisance", even using "en masse". If that's not judging others than I don't know what is.

And why did he ask that, do you think? I asked how it was relevant and never got a response. 

Sorry, large groups of lad types are often a nuisance. I don't think I'm alone in perceiving that, and you can get offended by that 'judgement' all you like. I'm not calling you a nuisance, am I? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

And why did he ask that, do you think? I asked how it was relevant and never got a response. 

Sorry, large groups of lad types are often a nuisance. I don't think I'm alone in perceiving that, and you can get offended by that 'judgement' all you like. I'm not calling you a nuisance, am I? 

Bloody right too...

Even when I was One of the Lads in a group, was quite Happy to be a nuisance,even a Damn one...:cheers:

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Nor do I, but far prefer that than people trying to deny their true colours. 

I've experienced people like it at games, it's not pleasant and it lurks here too. Apparently I'm lesser than lad types because I attend games alone. 

You are the one who seems very judgemental over fellow fans.  What kind of horrid people have you experienced at games?

Young?  Loud?  Possibly even drunk?  Did they dare to stand up?  Boo the opposition?  Drop a swear word in?  Must have been horrendus for you.  Damn peasents.  Probably voted Brexit aswell.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

To be fair I agree with you, despise the lad types. I buy my beer to drink, not to throw in the air, north face jackets are not stylish, I do not understand why you have to film ‘sceeeenes’ on Instagram, life is best lived on through your own eyes. But I really don’t think we have any of that in the lcfc fanbase? Certainly I’ve never seen it, only ever come across down to earth, friendly and very funny city fans are who enjoy a good beer

the lad types are mainly found at Leeds, who are inbred ******. And Crystal Palace, who are largely spotty Nigel virgins who work as assistant strategic assignment executives at Croydon district council 

Edited by grobyfox1990

4 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I'm glad some other people (even if just a few) are finally seeing this thread as I am. People moan that the club didn't appreciate the support, then people complain when the club did try to show their appreciation. It's always the same people who complain as well, those who think they are more superior than other fans. These fans are normally but not always are associated strongly with Union FS, make of that what you will.

I mean this thread should have been so uplifting, appreciating the efforts of those who went and a place for stories of the trip most couldn't take but instead it's just become the normal one dimensional, 'let's talk about how shit the club is' thread instigated by the usual suspects. 

....this is a great thread....it has been enlightening in many ways!!!

The narration regarding the difficulties in getting to the game has been quite uplifting. The subsequent admonishment of the club, in respect of the lack of media output regarding the people that had traveled, has bought certain aspect to the attention of supporters unaware of this part of the running of the club. The club's attempt to acknowledge the effort made to get there is now clearly an afterthought and very much an embarrassment  to the club,I hope there will not be some lame attempt to assuage this debacle and if the club genuinely do not care about this then I hope the do not start to pretend that they do.

13 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

You are the one who seems very judgemental over fellow fans.  What kind of horrid people have you experienced at games?

Young?  Loud?  Possibly even drunk?  Did they dare to stand up?  Boo the opposition?  Drop a swear word in?  Must have been horrendus for you.  Damn peasents.  Probably voted Brexit aswell.

Oh dear, you appear to have put words in my mouth. I'm not judging anyone individually, but I've experienced pack behaviour by fans (sometimes ours, mostly not) and it's not something I enjoy. 

As for the rest of what you said, I'll ignore the blatant provocation and allow you your reverse snobbery. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....this is a great thread....it has been enlightening in many ways!!!

The narration regarding the difficulties in getting to the game has been quite uplifting. The subsequent admonishment of the club, in respect of the lack of media output regarding the people that had traveled, has bought certain aspect to the attention of supporters unaware of this part of the running of the club. The club's attempt to acknowledge the effort made to get there is now clearly an afterthought and very much an embarrassment  to the club,I hope there will not be some lame attempt to assuage this debacle and if the club genuinely do not care about this then I hope the do not start to pretend that they do.

Sorry...Who & what is "The Club"

Owners & Board who have shown nothing but thanks & appreciation...ok..Only snick,snacks,& T-shirts But tried  & supported day Trips...

"       ".       ".        Who have given &  Sponsored Millions directly & indirectly to our city....Charity & Non Charity organisations..

".      ".        "         Home & opp Fans just recently, covering their tenure Celebrating & Voting them, potentially the best ' ever'  owners...

".     "         ".        Many things I may have forgotten to mention....

And you have the Audacity to call them an Embarrasment....& Please Dont use that lame excuse...'its How I See it'

Do they Need to Act & react & be everywhere in every Fan travel arrangements ...???

Wow, I mean wow..and my Dog said those words...:huh:

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Sorry...Who & what is "The Club"

Owners & Board who have shown nothing but thanks & appreciation...ok..Only snick,snacks,& T-shirts But tried  & supported day Trips...

"       ".       ".        Who have given &  Sponsored Millions directly & indirectly to our city....Charity & Non Charity organisations..

".      ".        "         Home & opp Fans just recently, covering their tenure Celebrating & Voting them, potentially the best ' ever'  owners...

".     "         ".        Many things I may have forgotten to mention....

And you have the Audacity to call them an Embarrasment....& Please Dont use that lame excuse...'its How I See it'

Do they Need to Act & react & be everywhere in every Fan travel arrangements ...???

Wow, I mean wow..and my Dog said those words...:huh:

.... clearly I did not say the club is an embarrassment!!!

The situation that has arisen where they have failed to acknowledge the travelling supporters is the matter at hand. I have never use the term "it's how I see it", it is not something I would say 

As I have previously stated in this thread, it is a departmental problem and as such requires someone to take a look at how it is being run.

7 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You'd be surprised then at how many feel that way then

I suspect I am. So what can we do besides marvel at the problem? Can we channel our energy to make a change? I admit I am not a super fan but have followed Leicester for 40 years and it is a real shame that people feel this way. What can we do that is productive to the situation?

3 hours ago, TangledUpInBlue said:

I used to dream of huddling together in a crumbling stadium with my mates. In my day I stood on my own in the snow watching Accrington Stanley beat us in the Johnson Paint Trophy 

It’s a tough gig, try telling that to the bright lights and celebrity of russia. lol 

55 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.... clearly I did not say the club is an embarrassment!!!

The situation that has arisen where they have failed to acknowledge the travelling supporters is the matter at hand. I have never use the term "it's how I see it", it is not something I would say 

As I have previously stated in this thread, it is a departmental problem and as such requires someone to take a look at how it is being run.

Sacre blue..!!   

Methinks we are friends again...:celebrate: