Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

The Moscow 25

Out of some perverse curiosity I read this thread again from the start. So it starts with respect for the travelling fans, then mild annoyance that the club's twitter account doesn't recognise them yet, then accusations that the clubs is out to get the (probably) largest segment of the fanbase, then peaky mentions they can sometimes we annoying, club does mention the travelling fans and then page after page of moaning about the social media account. Odd. Really odd.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

So you are guessing, and have no real evidence? 

How do you know they could have? What would have been the minimum order been at that time?

Doesn't matter what Puma will do, it's whether Adidas would do it for us. We aren't Chelsea 

Once again do you have evidence the club didn't want too, or that they could have, or are you just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 22?

A 30 second spot check is hardly punishment is it or queuing.

So would you prefer them to carry on and make people miss the first 20 minutes of the game?

I get people may feel that way, but why? 

Does the club engage more with different demographic groups, if so how?

The police were stationed there, maybe the club was told not to place stewards there by the police?

I’ve already stated my evidence repeatedly in my original comment. I could equally argue in the comments you’ve made is a ‘hunch’ in defence. We can argue this until the cows come home but it goes back to a point I made in a previous post on this thread, what hurts the club in explain these decisions and factors? I think that would foster goodwill and make people more understanding.

For partly understandable reasons they stopped the fans forums but now must surely be the time to reopen these (remotely or otherwise) - to date they have been just a rhetoric hear say which often doesn’t get minuted or recorded 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

An amazing thread derailed by "real fans" bullshit.

A microcosm of society today, your privilege of being able to, afford, have time, or capability, to do something (eg regularly attend football matches)... does not make you better...just luckier.

On 22/10/2021 at 08:28, StanSP said:

Firstly, I also attend matches so absolutely no need to adopt the 'holier than thou' attitude there. It adds nothing to your argument. 

Secondly, I already admit the club could and should do better. 

Thirdly, I agree they should be held accountable. They should have acknowledged the fans sooner. Read my other posts. 

Fourthly, other than spouting off on a forum they may or may not read, or on social media to a person who just does social media, have you contacted the club in any other way? If you have, fair enough and I have no argument on that point. 

There really isn't any need to get on some high horse when we both (as well as hundreds or thousands of many others) both want the same thing... 

On 22/10/2021 at 08:14, Lako42 said:

Its a good job there are certain people who are bothered enough to hold the club accountable on such things rather than just brush off the poor treatment of the clubs supporters as normal. 

It's a slippery slope and IMO the club have been getting worse recently with their off field comms and treatment of genuine, die-hard fans. 

As someone who actually attends matches and hopes to go to Napoli I can only hope that the continued voicing of displeasure leads the club to improve, but I understand and am resigned to the fact that many Leicester fans are far too lazy to give a shit and that comes across in the stadium on a match day. 

Don't worry, the club won't run away and cry, but it might just get someone, somewhere within the club to realise that it can and SHOULD treat it's fans a damn sight better than it is doing. 

On 22/10/2021 at 08:35, Cardiff_Fox said:

To give an idea, when Liverpool and Manchester United drew games in Russia, the club actively played a part in assisting their fans gain visa’s and how to do this. In fact they even compensate the cost of the visa because they wanted their fans to cheer them on. Whilst LCFC had a hard time gaining information from Spartak, the communication was largely indecisive which in turn became unhelpful. Thus those Leicester fans what went (if they wanted a direct flight and a scramble for a visa) had to gamble on gaining a visa, accommodation booking and flight before knowing the ticket situation. 

This follows a similar pattern with Legia away where the club held a ticket collection point, considerable distance from the old town but instead at a five star hotel which was the club staff’s base. Information was again scarce and late. Late being the key as that’s when it increasingly becomes impossible to get to the game. The difference here to Moscow being the gamble was a £25 flight rather than the multiple of things required for Russia costing £600+ So a lot more of us could just gamble. Worth mentioning as well initially a huge chunk of tickets were reserved for Legia again for club staff etc

In contrast since the start of the season. Liverpool for their trip to Porto listed out the travel requirements and links to forms etc. Manchester United successfully argued to get their fans in for the trip to Young Boys after an initial refusal by the Swiss government. 

This is one area on an increasingly growing list of widening a gap between supporter and club. Minimal local journalist coverage, refusal to restock a Cup winning kit, catering farces, a COVID checking policy which punishes those who turn up early, marginalisation of a demographic within the fanbase. That’s off the top of my head right now. 

Alongside other embarrassingly inept situations as the stewarding and policing of the Napoli home game. 

Excellent posts from all.

The club certainly needs to improve in certain areas, focus on these rather than giving out free bobble hats at away games.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

An amazing thread derailed by "real fans" bullshit.

A microcosm of society today, your privilege of being able to, afford, have time, or capability, to do something (eg regularly attend football matches)... does not make you better...just luckier.

Eh?! 

This thread is more or less the opposite of what you are arguing. 

This thread is partly about the marginalisation of supporters who DON'T and CAN'T attend matches regularly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Excellent posts from both.

The club certainly needs to improve in certain areas, focus on these rather than giving out free bobble hats at away games.

But I like the bobble hats!!! The snood from Burnley is brilliant! But yeh fair enough I understand your point 

I feel the back end of this thread sums up exactly why we struggle to get much unity or togetherness in the stands lol

A positive thread turned into complete shite despite some constructive criticism towards the club that is completely justified. I'm not sure there's a club or fans like ours and don't get me started on this denial that some fans are lesser fans, it doesn't mean they're not fans altogether. Fcuk me 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Out of some perverse curiosity I read this thread again from the start. So it starts with respect for the travelling fans, then mild annoyance that the club's twitter account doesn't recognise them yet, then accusations that the clubs is out to get the (probably) largest segment of the fanbase, then peaky mentions they can sometimes we annoying, club does mention the travelling fans and then page after page of moaning about the social media account. Odd. Really odd.

...the same as any other threads!!!

In any discussion the conversation does not stand still, there is the tendency to react to what has been said, as in any forum.

• Like 1

On 22/10/2021 at 09:01, grobyfox1990 said:

It’s a shame reading some of these messages and so many feel like this especially during a period of unprecedented success. A theme seems to be keeping out a ‘certain demographic’ which is also a shame given I’m a young man, albeit I despise the ‘banter on the lash boys Instagram north face jacket wearing throwing beer around’ culture. Hopefully they’ll improve things and make EVERY fan feel welcome which is what I’ve always thought lcfc was about, and hopefully not too late because in 5 years time we’ll probably be losing 2-0 at Oakwell on a bank holiday again! I guess the banter lads would have disappeared by then but they’ll need every fan they can muster! 

Interesting you mention that match at Barnsley ... I assume the 2-0 defeat on Easter Monday 2013 ?

In 50 years, I reckon that was possibly the worst actual performance I have ever seen from a City team ... in terms of effort, discipline, morale, belief, competence and anything else you can think of.   And I've seen 6/7 goal defeats at places like Sheff Wed, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Portsmouth and numerous FA Cup defeats at 3rd Division grounds, not to mention losing to non-league Harlow Town.

Schmiechel saved a 2nd half penalty to keep it at 2-0, and if Barnsley had been half-competent, they would've won that game 10-0.   I'm not kidding, we were absolutely awful that day.

It looked like Pearson had completely "lost the dressing room" and they weren't interested in playing for him anymore.   If I'd been the owner, I might've sacked him on the spot after that game.   Bear in mind that after a very good mid season spell, we had only won once in the previous 10 games.

Good thing I wasn't the owner, as after that game they immediately improved, scraped into the playoffs, got promoted the following season, stayed in the Premier League the one after that, and you-know-what happened the season after that!

All this is, of course, nothing to do with The Moscow 25 ...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Interesting you mention that match at Barnsley ... I assume the 2-0 defeat on Easter Monday 2013 ?

In 50 years, I reckon that was possibly the worst actual performance I have ever seen from a City team ... in terms of effort, discipline, morale, belief, competence and anything else you can think of.   And I've seen 6/7 goal defeats at places like Sheff Wed, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Portsmouth and numerous FA Cup defeats at 3rd Division grounds, not to mention losing to non-league Harlow Town.

Schmiechel saved a 2nd half penalty to keep it at 2-0, and if Barnsley had been half-competent, they would've won that game 10-0.   I'm not kidding, we were absolutely awful that day.

It looked like Pearson had completely "lost the dressing room" and they weren't interested in playing for him anymore.   If I'd been the owner, I might've sacked him on the spot after that game.   Bear in mind that after a very good mid season spell, we had only won once in the previous 10 games.

Good thing I wasn't the owner, as after that game they immediately improved, scraped into the playoffs, got promoted the following season, stayed in the Premier League the one after that, and you-know-what happened the season after that!

I think I was at the Barnsley game, did it chuck it down? They completely hammered us.

17 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

That’s the one. Can’t argue with any part of your summary of the match. It was a disgrace. Shambles. The only time I thought ‘I’m done with this’ after the run of form leading up to that point. Little did we know how bad it was to get a month and half later…

actually the other time I thought ‘I’m done with this’ was during that Monday night in January in 2007 or 2008 against palace at home, and then Hayles got the last minute winner and I was back to ‘this is the best thing ever!!’ 

you sound like you have a lot more experience of the bad times than me though! 

2 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

Dream centre half pair of Liam Moore & Zak Whitbread, with Ben Marshall giving us the v’s. Good times. 

11 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

I remember going to this game, seeing a cm absolutely run the show and thinking wow, if only we had a player like that. 

Pearson agreed and went out and snagged him at the next opportunity. A certain Danny Drinkwater... what a shame he wasted that talent. 

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I remember going to this game, seeing a cm absolutely run the show and thinking wow, if only we had a player like that. 

Pearson agreed and went out and snagged him at the next opportunity. A certain Danny Drinkwater... what a shame he wasted that talent. 

....I would have thought a lot of supporters felt the same way!!!

Drinky was fantastic for them and the fact that we went out and got him was brilliant by the club.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

We had already signed Drinkwater at this point. 

It was the home game against them that prompted Pearson to sign him. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

We had already signed Drinkwater at this point. 

It was the home game against them that prompted Pearson to sign him. 

Bingo! He bossed the game at the King Power with his beautiful bald head and looked a level above anyone else on the pitch 

if I’m not mistaken, the game people are referring to might well be the Ben Marshall “I’ll take an hour to jog over and take a corner whilst losing” game ….. remember that game very well! We were bloody awful and the team got howlers coming off the pitch in the tunnel next to the away stand, a rightfully too I say!

Well done to the 25. We’ve all got stories following Leicester, but this is a real achievement. Kudos to you all. Maybe we can turn this dick swinging contest into a bit of light hearted fun. What’s the funniest/ most ridiculous situation following this club has got you into? 

A few from me:

1) Pushing a chair up to a door of my shithole hotel room after Brugge at home because I thought I was going to get attacked in the night. Too scared to use the shared shower room, I had a strip wash in the same sink I pissed in the night before and went to London for a day’s work after. I think I even met my director that day too lol 

2) Waking @brockmysterup after 3 hours sleep in a run down Bournemouth hotel we shared for £35 to catch a coach up to London to work the next morning. Totally worth it for the bore draw we’d just witnessed.

3) Convincing a train full of Millwall fans that I was one of them after their last minute winner against us in the FA cup. That’s why I’ll never like Ben fvcking Chilwell and his throw-in bottling self… :D 

P.S. I live in the states now but don’t miss a game on tv, even during the work day. Love my club to bits and they dictate my mood entirely even though I now probably get to one  game a year. Wonder where that puts me on the plastic fan scale ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, KFS said:

Well done to the 25. We’ve all got stories following Leicester, but this is a real achievement. Kudos to you all. Maybe we can turn this dick swinging contest into a bit of light hearted fun. What’s the funniest/ most ridiculous situation following this club has got you into? 

A few from me:

1) Pushing a chair up to a door of my shithole hotel room after Brugge at home because I thought I was going to get attacked in the night. Too scared to use the shared shower room, I had a strip wash in the same sink I pissed in the night before and went to London for a day’s work after. I think I even met my director that day too lol 

2) Waking @brockmysterup after 3 hours sleep in a run down Bournemouth hotel we shared for £35 to catch a coach up to London to work the next morning. Totally worth it for the bore draw we’d just witnessed.

3) Convincing a train full of Millwall fans that I was one of them after their last minute winner against us in the FA cup. That’s why I’ll never like Ben fvcking Chilwell and his throw-in bottling self… :D 

P.S. I live in the states now but don’t miss a game on tv, even during the work day. Love my club to bits and they dictate my mood entirely even though I now probably get to one  game a year. Wonder where that puts me on the plastic fan scale ;) 

That hotel weren't worth £3.50 either, still have flash backs lol