Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

The Moscow 25

40 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Not just tonight. 

How about restricting access to photos of the FA Cup? Withholding general sale tickets to the charity shield until the last minute?  Preferring to have half an empty end at Warsaw rather than sell tickets to ITS OWN MEMBERS?   

Somebody down there is seriously mentally unwell

I said it in another thread. We've apprently had two gentlemen employeed by the club who were originally at Cov. 

They aren't football orientated and don't get it. 

If anyone on here is on the FFCC or what ever that comitee is called please privately message me. We need a few issues putting forward and quick. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Fair play to every single one of you in that away end. Shame you don’t seem to have been recognised by the club, but I didn’t expect anything else from a club that just wants a family based fan base. 

They are family!!  Just..The hardened lost loyal tribe...of a long lost Shard of a dimension in the Mystery Mists of  the Land  Vardaka...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I said it in another thread. We've apprently had two gentlemen employeed by the club who were originally at Cov. 

If anyone on here is on the FFCC or what ever that comitee is called please privately message me. We need a few issues putting forward and quick. 

New security chap?

9 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

If they get a medal then I think I deserve one for attending that Middlesbrough game in the Snow I froze my balls off lol and it was a crap game 

Me too!!!! Plus me and my lad had to run all the way to the game from Abbey lane as the bus we were on didn't move for over half an hour.

3 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Me too!!!! Plus me and my lad had to run all the way to the game from Abbey lane as the bus we were on didn't move for over half an hour.

Haha! I was getting a train from Hinckley and it was cancelled on the way back so II had to get a Taxi back lol 

5 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

They've literally just posted on social media pics of the famous few🤣🤣🤣 the club's Twitter feed must defo read foxestalk

They defo do, when heavy criticism occurs, a raft of barely used accounts turns up and begin posting. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

28 minutes ago, Ashley said:

25 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

One of the people representing the club in Warsaw didn’t really see the issue sitting on a plane and working on behalf of the club whilst wearing a Leeds United branded face mask 

Just playing devil's advocate for a moment, surely it's not constructive or even feasible to have everyone working at the club as a passionate Leicester fan? I say this as one of my best mates is a massive Leicester fan but works for Leeds United's digital media team because he stayed up there after we went to uni. Doesn't make him any less effective at his job.

That said, the guy you mentioned should have more about him than to wear a Leeds mask when he's employed by LCFC- that is poor.

Not trying to be a WUM or stir things up, just a genuine observation.

• Like 1

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

Just playing devil's advocate for a moment, surely it's not constructive or even feasible to have everyone working at the club as a passionate Leicester fan? I say this as one of my best mates is a massive Leicester fan but works for Leeds United's digital media team because he stayed up there after we went to uni. Doesn't make him any less effective at his job.

That said, the guy you mentioned should have more about him than to wear a Leeds mask when he's employed by LCFC- that is poor.

Not trying to be a WUM or stir things up, just a genuine observation.

No don’t have an issue with who they support. Know a few who work for differing clubs to whom they support 

As you say, just wished they represent the club properly which doesn’t have the potential to rub people up the wrong way. Wouldn’t go to a conference working for Tesco wearing a Sainsbury uniform would you? 

• Like 2

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

No don’t have an issue with who they support. Know a few who work for differing clubs to whom they support 

As you say, just wished they represent the club properly which doesn’t have the potential to rub people up the wrong way. Wouldn’t go to a conference working for Tesco wearing a Sainsbury uniform would you? 

Can't disagree with this. I've actually just read back a bit further and got a bit more of the context. I see what you're saying. 

1 hour ago, Hollism said:

I’ll summarise how I understand it, and others can point out where I get it wrong :D

Basically to get into Russia you have to get a visa and apply in person at either London or Manchester. I think it takes all day and costs about £200. To get one, you need to have your flights and accommodation booked and paid for through a travel agent recognised by the embassy.

You also have to do all the covid passenger locator forms, lateral flow tests (which you have to pay for) before and after crossing borders, etc.

Flights themselves aren’t cheap, and there aren’t as many as you’d think between UK and Moscow (even less with covid affecting travel)

So to get to this one game, you’re looking at at least 4 days booked off work or more. 

To make it worse, there was loads of fannying about with whether we’d even be allowed fans after Spartak DM’d someone on Twitter to say it was probably behind closed doors, and LCFC giving out absolutely nothing until last Wednesday, when they announced that tickets were going on sale on the Thursday, and coming off sale Friday.

So to get to the game, you’d have had to take at least a day or two off work and lay out somewhere around the £500 mark, all weeks in advance of knowing whether you’d get a ticket. It’s not a lot to ask of LCFC that someone in the ticket office or whatever get a memo over to the social media team to say “Hey, the fans that went to Moscow really went through the hoops to do it. Can you go stick a thanks or something on the socials tonight that’s a bit more than usual?”

The Moscow 25 may just have more money than sense for all I know, but huge respect to them for getting to the game lol

It was a bit of an effort reading about all of the restrictions involved in your post, one can only imagine what these fans actually went through!  Fair play to all!

Cheers for the summarisation!  

10 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

If what is club policy? Until someone's done something wrong there's no justification for treating fans like that, and even then you don't tar whole groups of people with the same brush, it's not right.

I have no idea what the club policy is - I was asked (strangely) if I work for the club. However, I have seen enough in my life to know that the sort of people being referred to by many others in complaint at the club's perceived stance can be a bloody nuisance at times. Not all of them, of course, but enough to be problematic. Quite why I was then asked if I go to games alone (as if that was some sort of pathetic effort at a putdown) remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

If they get a medal then I think I deserve one for attending that Middlesbrough game in the Snow I froze my balls off lol and it was a crap game 

I'd still love to know how I managed fo get there in a car from 50 miles away and so many couldn't make it to that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

The problem is that the types listed above are, en masse, a bloody nuisance. Sorry an' all. 

Look, I really enjoy your posts but what? The lad took his top off in minus temperatures after travelling to Moscow--the land and weather that defeated both Napoleon and Hitler. I'd give him a high five. And ignore the fact I've spent many nights navigating the high street avoiding the public urination practice of many of our topless willy pullers.

• Haha 1