Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

The Moscow 25

30 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Mental reading these messages. Seems like we’re a bit in/famous. What a comedown today though. I thought scrambling around and lots of skiving off work sorting the visa, sourcing a travel voucher, invitation to Russia, fit to fly results not coming through in time so having to redo it first thing Sunday via an express provider was enough hassle.  Then we show up at Heathrow and the Russians don’t allow us to transit through AMS anymore! So a 9 hour stopover in Paris instead. 20 hours later touchdown in Moscow. Met some down to earth city fans, few pints, swapping whisky with the spartak fans on the metro, enter our end and a raft of Zambian students await us, Daka scores 4, Being told to smoke in the toilets, gifted a rattler by a spartak fan. So many strange memories I’ve certainly forgotten a few. I counted 13 that had travelled from the uk got the game?

Just changed my flight to tomorrow afternoon and trying to get to Loko tonight!!

Here's me excited to sneak in Wimbledon v Wigan before Brentford on Sunday and you're double dosing on Europa League action in Moscow.

I Love it :appl:

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Mental reading these messages. Seems like we’re a bit in/famous. What a comedown today though. I thought scrambling around and lots of skiving off work sorting the visa, sourcing a travel voucher, invitation to Russia, fit to fly results not coming through in time so having to redo it first thing Sunday via an express provider was enough hassle.  Then we show up at Heathrow and the Russians don’t allow us to transit through AMS anymore! So a 9 hour stopover in Paris instead. 20 hours later touchdown in Moscow. Met some down to earth city fans, few pints, swapping whisky with the spartak fans on the metro, enter our end and a raft of Zambian students await us, Daka scores 4, Being told to smoke in the toilets, gifted a rattler by a spartak fan. So many strange memories I’ve certainly forgotten a few. I counted 13 that had travelled from the uk got the game?

Just changed my flight to tomorrow afternoon and trying to get to Loko tonight!!

Only a Groby man :appl::yahoo:

• Like 1

Just now, Lako42 said:

Eh?

Differing teams within the club wanted it sending out at different times and/or wanting something better and/or wanted it sent privately to those that went. 

Instead ended up being a fudge waiting for approvals - hence it's nearly 24 hours since kick-off it gets put online. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mydogzonfire said:

First hand account of the trip and the barriers encountered from one of the 25 here, makes you proud:

http://theposthorngallop.blogspot.com/2021/10/the-moscow-25.html?m=1

This bit sums it up perfectly ....

That said, none of us were there for the recognition or the acclaim, we were there simply to see our football team try and earn the right to give us more trips like this, regardless of whether the club really want us there.

It's nothing new ... the club being a bit embarrased by the "more passionate" City following,

Ever since they set up the first Family Club in the Filbert Street main stand terrace ... in 1978-79 I think, it's always been about families, kiddies, well-behaved supporters, blah blah blah.

They've always been a bit embarrased by us old-school Koppites.   But it's what it is, and has been for 40+ years.    I've never expected any thanks from the club, it's not why I support them.   I just want the players to do their best every match.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

This bit sums it up perfectly ....

That said, none of us were there for the recognition or the acclaim, we were there simply to see our football team try and earn the right to give us more trips like this, regardless of whether the club really want us there.

It's nothing new ... the club being a bit embarrased by the "more passionate" City following,

Ever since they set up the first Family Club in the Filbert Street main stand terrace ... in 1978-79 I think, it's always been about families, kiddies, well-behaved supporters, blah blah blah.

They've always been a bit embarrased by us old-school Koppites.   But it's what it is, and has been for 40+ years.    I've never expected any thanks from the club, it's not why I support them.   I just want the players to do their best every match.

Agree in that I don't want or need the club's acknowledgement. But it's the club actively blocking/preventing fans from attending which sticks in my craw. 

The lack of acknowledgement though is just plain bad manners, regardless if we need the validation or not.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There's even a very minor story about this bloody video which shows you all is not great in the inner workings of the club

13 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I just got that too and watched the same generic Daka message I had seen put out on Twitter earlier today… :D

I don’t want to keep knocking the club but this stinks of a scramble to do some PR damage limitation. I personally just think they’ve already showed their hand in Moscow and Warsaw so leave it be.

You can get to the point where what you’re trying to do can do more harm than good in some ways. The expense and the hurdles are now well publicised so if you’re gonna do something then make it more than a video you put up for everyone earlier today that you’re now trying to pretend is a personal touch.

But then if they didn't do put up anything at all they'd have been hounded even more? 

They eventually did put something up (albeit late, I know) and now that's doing more harm than good? 

Better late than never in this scenario I would think. 

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. 

(I totally agree they should have done something earlier). 

14 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I just got that too and watched the same generic Daka message I had seen put out on Twitter earlier today… :D

I don’t want to keep knocking the club but this stinks of a scramble to do some PR damage limitation. I personally just think they’ve already showed their hand in Moscow and Warsaw so leave it be.

You can get to the point where what you’re trying to do can do more harm than good in some ways. The expense and the hurdles are now well publicised so if you’re gonna do something then make it more than a video you put up for everyone earlier today that you’re now trying to pretend is a personal touch.

Can honestly say from what I’ve been told some employees genuinely wanted to do something different for you chaps who travelled and far quicker than it arrived. However for some reason it got delayed and then knocked back 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Just been scanning this thread. I am a bit lost, why all the vitriol aimed at our club? I understand there seems to be a lack of appreciation for the travelling supporters but it feels like from the very first page this is a bit of a rod to beat them with and there are some pre existing issues. Could someone please fill me in on what am I missing as it sounds serious?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Just been scanning this thread. I am a bit lost, why all the vitriol aimed at our club? I understand there seems to be a lack of appreciation for the travelling supporters but it feels like from the very first page this is a bit of a rod to beat them with and there are some pre existing issues. Could someone please fill me in on what am I missing as it sounds serious?

Some people hate the club's off field status and anything they do simply is not and never will be good enough. 

While I agree the club could have been quicker to acknowledge the fans, some fans went overboard in their criticism of it. To the point where people think they 'bullied' the club into doing it lol lol. How proud they must be. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Its a good job there are certain people who are bothered enough to hold the club accountable on such things rather than just brush off the poor treatment of the clubs supporters as normal. 

It's a slippery slope and IMO the club have been getting worse recently with their off field comms and treatment of genuine, die-hard fans. 

As someone who actually attends matches and hopes to go to Napoli I can only hope that the continued voicing of displeasure leads the club to improve, but I understand and am resigned to the fact that many Leicester fans are far too lazy to give a shit and that comes across in the stadium on a match day. 

Don't worry, the club won't run away and cry, but it might just get someone, somewhere within the club to realise that it can and SHOULD treat it's fans a damn sight better than it is doing. 

Firstly, I also attend matches so absolutely no need to adopt the 'holier than thou' attitude there. It adds nothing to your argument. 

Secondly, I already admit the club could and should do better. 

Thirdly, I agree they should be held accountable. They should have acknowledged the fans sooner. Read my other posts. 

Fourthly, other than spouting off on a forum they may or may not read, or on social media to a person who just does social media, have you contacted the club in any other way? If you have, fair enough and I have no argument on that point. 

There really isn't any need to get on some high horse when we both (as well as hundreds or thousands of many others) both want the same thing... 

16 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Differing teams within the club wanted it sending out at different times and/or wanting something better and/or wanted it sent privately to those that went. 

Instead ended up being a fudge waiting for approvals - hence it's nearly 24 hours since kick-off it gets put online. 

Are you talking about teams as in, PR teams etc? Or groups of players?

2 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Are you talking about teams as in, PR teams etc? Or groups of players?

PR/media teams - obviously slightly logistical challenges as well with this being in Russia. Then seeking approval which took forever, then some ideas got denied but other got accepted. By that time, the decision was late and way after the game 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

To give an idea, when Liverpool and Manchester United drew games in Russia, the club actively played a part in assisting their fans gain visa’s and how to do this. In fact they even compensate the cost of the visa because they wanted their fans to cheer them on. Whilst LCFC had a hard time gaining information from Spartak, the communication was largely indecisive which in turn became unhelpful. Thus those Leicester fans what went (if they wanted a direct flight and a scramble for a visa) had to gamble on gaining a visa, accommodation booking and flight before knowing the ticket situation. 

This follows a similar pattern with Legia away where the club held a ticket collection point, considerable distance from the old town but instead at a five star hotel which was the club staff’s base. Information was again scarce and late. Late being the key as that’s when it increasingly becomes impossible to get to the game. The difference here to Moscow being the gamble was a £25 flight rather than the multiple of things required for Russia costing £600+ So a lot more of us could just gamble. Worth mentioning as well initially a huge chunk of tickets were reserved for Legia again for club staff etc

In contrast since the start of the season. Liverpool for their trip to Porto listed out the travel requirements and links to forms etc. Manchester United successfully argued to get their fans in for the trip to Young Boys after an initial refusal by the Swiss government. 

This is one area on an increasingly growing list of widening a gap between supporter and club. Minimal local journalist coverage, refusal to restock a Cup winning kit, catering farces, a COVID checking policy which punishes those who turn up early, marginalisation of a demographic within the fanbase. That’s off the top of my head right now. 

Alongside other embarrassingly inept situations as the stewarding and policing of the Napoli home game. 

I agree, the club could learn from those bigger clubs who have had far more regular experience in Europe. I would be happy if they actively did so and learnt as they go on. I think some of the things you mention aren't wholly in the club's control but I agree with your post. 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I agree, the club could learn from those bigger clubs who have had far more regular experience in Europe. I would be happy if they actively did so and learnt as they go on. I think some of the things you mention aren't wholly in the club's control but I agree with your post. 

Some of the bigger clubs are equally just as idle. Chelsea releases details for their trip to Malmö on Wednesday, very little additional information from the normal sale dates etc. That said I’ve known Chelsea to charter trains for their away support for fixtures 

In summary, I think the feeling has been that the club should attempt to remove obstacles from travelling to support your team but instead have actually introduced them. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

It’s a shame reading some of these messages and so many feel like this especially during a period of unprecedented success. A theme seems to be keeping out a ‘certain demographic’ which is also a shame given I’m a young man, albeit I despise the ‘banter on the lash boys Instagram north face jacket wearing throwing beer around’ culture. Hopefully they’ll improve things and make EVERY fan feel welcome which is what I’ve always thought lcfc was about, and hopefully not too late because in 5 years time we’ll probably be losing 2-0 at Oakwell on a bank holiday again! I guess the banter lads would have disappeared by then but they’ll need every fan they can muster! 

The club are very young when it comes to European football. I wouldn’t be surprised if they lack the nous and infrastructure to put on a Chelsea/Man U style assistance operation.

I think people are massively reading between the lines and coming up with all sorts of crazy conclusions. Maybe easy to say as I didn’t go to this one (but I did cancel a work meeting so I could watch it…!), but why people are taking it personally seems a bit odd to me.