Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

The Moscow 25

32 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

This is one area on an increasingly growing list of widening a gap between supporter and club. Minimal local journalist coverage, refusal to restock a Cup winning kit, catering farces, a COVID checking policy which punishes those who turn up early, marginalisation of a demographic within the fanbase. That’s off the top of my head right now. 

Alongside other embarrassingly inept situations as the stewarding and policing of the Napoli home game. 

How do you mean? I agree with a lot of what you’ve said - they could do so many things better.

15 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I just got that too and watched the same generic Daka message I had seen put out on Twitter earlier today… :D

I don’t want to keep knocking the club but this stinks of a scramble to do some PR damage limitation. I personally just think they’ve already showed their hand in Moscow and Warsaw so leave it be.

You can get to the point where what you’re trying to do can do more harm than good in some ways. The expense and the hurdles are now well publicised so if you’re gonna do something then make it more than a video you put up for everyone earlier today that you’re now trying to pretend is a personal touch.

...if Susan Whelan has to put up with this standard of professionalism it is no wonder she is viewed in the way she has been portrayed to be!!!

An internal look at the way the media department aligned with customer service departmentents  and how they are run, should be way up the list of "things to do".

With all the new additions in respect of stadium expansion and leisure spaces being incorporated perhaps now is the moment for an overhaul, with a project manager or director overseeing these new ventures.

4 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Its a good job there are certain people who are bothered enough to hold the club accountable on such things rather than just brush off the poor treatment of the clubs supporters as normal. 

It's a slippery slope and IMO the club have been getting worse recently with their off field comms and treatment of genuine, die-hard fans. 

As someone who actually attends matches and hopes to go to Napoli I can only hope that the continued voicing of displeasure leads the club to improve, but I understand and am resigned to the fact that many Leicester fans are far too lazy to give a shit and that comes across in the stadium on a match day. 

Don't worry, the club won't run away and cry, but it might just get someone, somewhere within the club to realise that it can and SHOULD treat it's fans a damn sight better than it is doing. 

This is spot on 

3 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

The club are very young when it comes to European football. I wouldn’t be surprised if they lack the nous and infrastructure to put on a Chelsea/Man U style assistance operation.

I think people are massively reading between the lines and coming up with all sorts of crazy conclusions. Maybe easy to say as I didn’t go to this one (but I did cancel a work meeting so I could watch it…!), but why people are taking it personally seems a bit odd to me.

looking out for the tiny amount of people that went is basic manners. don't make excuses for them. 

• Like 2

I'm glad some other people (even if just a few) are finally seeing this thread as I am. People moan that the club didn't appreciate the support, then people complain when the club did try to show their appreciation. It's always the same people who complain as well, those who think they are more superior than other fans. These fans are normally but not always are associated strongly with Union FS, make of that what you will.

I mean this thread should have been so uplifting, appreciating the efforts of those who went and a place for stories of the trip most couldn't take but instead it's just become the normal one dimensional, 'let's talk about how shit the club is' thread instigated by the usual suspects. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I'm glad some other people (even if just a few) are finally seeing this thread as I am. People moan that the club didn't appreciate the support, then people complain when the club did try to show their appreciation. It's always the same people who complain as well, those who think they are more superior than other fans. These fans are normally but not always are associated strongly with Union FS, make of that what you will.

I mean this thread should have been so uplifting, appreciating the efforts of those who went and a place for stories of the trip most couldn't take but instead it's just become the normal one dimensional, 'let's talk about how shit the club is' thread instigated by the usual suspects. 

Quite the opposite vibe in my view. A lot of fans are speaking up because the club made it harder for more fans to travel. This isn't about whose a better fan. It's about letting more fans be part of it. In doing so, the club takes criticism in order to improve itself. That's generally how democracy operates. 

For example, look at the amount of information Spurs produced for their fans travelling to the Netherlands - https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2021/october/vitesse-arnhem-v-spurs-ticket-news-and-important-travel-information/

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Quite the opposite vibe in my view. A lot of fans are speaking up because the club made it harder for more fans to travel. This isn't about whose a better fan. It's about letting more fans be part of it. In doing so, the club takes criticism in order to improve itself. That's generally how democracy operates. 

I'm not going to call anyone out, but there's definitely a small handful of posters who are always ready to stick the knife into the club regardless of the issue. They have all been very vocal in this thread, more so than most others. To clarify you aren't one of the ones I'm talking about! I just feel the issue being discussed in this thread is a bit minor for all of the attention it's getting. I mean the only thing I can work out that the club have supposedly done wrong is be a bit slow with their social media posts. Hardly the crime of the century. I feel like it's one of those issues where people complained about only to be proved wrong and now they are trying to find something else negative as they can't admit that maybe their criticism was too hasty. Oh and if anyone really thinks the club only posted the messages of thanks to the 'Moscow 25' because of criticism on FoxesTalk I think they really need a reality check, that seems incredibly unlikely to me. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

For example, look at the amount of information Spurs produced for their fans travelling to the Netherlandshttps://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2021/october/vitesse-arnhem-v-spurs-ticket-news-and-important-travel-information/

Id be more angry the club let me go all that way to watch the under 21's embarrass the club lol

Did anyone ever consider that maybe the club didnt provide all the information because they knew anyone who went would have to jump through the sort of hoops OP went through? 

Maybe they were concerned that it would look bad if they were trying to tug on heartstrings and get people to travel all the way to moscow on a wednesday?? No excuse for not acknowledging those that did mind. 

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I'm not going to call anyone out, but there's definitely a small handful of posters who are always ready to stick the knife into the club regardless of the issue. They have all been very vocal in this thread, more so than most others. To clarify you aren't one of the ones I'm talking about! I just feel the issue being discussed in this thread is a bit minor for all of the attention it's getting. I mean the only thing I can work out that the club have supposedly done wrong is be a bit slow with their social media posts. Hardly the crime of the century. I feel like it's one of those issues where people complained about only to be proved wrong and now they are trying to find something else negative as they can't admit that maybe their criticism was too hasty. Oh and if anyone really thinks the club only posted the messages of thanks to the 'Moscow 25' because of criticism on FoxesTalk I think they really need a reality check, that seems incredibly unlikely to me. 

I think the annoyance on this particular issue begins earlier that with the ticketing and the indecision displayed which in part the guys who travelled have explained. It's then just rolled on further; there was no social media post at all from Warsaw for example showing the supporters but then immediately the next game away at Palace, there was social media posts. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

To give an idea, when Liverpool and Manchester United drew games in Russia, the club actively played a part in assisting their fans gain visa’s and how to do this. In fact they even compensate the cost of the visa because they wanted their fans to cheer them on. Whilst LCFC had a hard time gaining information from Spartak, the communication was largely indecisive which in turn became unhelpful. Thus those Leicester fans what went (if they wanted a direct flight and a scramble for a visa) had to gamble on gaining a visa, accommodation booking and flight before knowing the ticket situation. 

This follows a similar pattern with Legia away where the club held a ticket collection point, considerable distance from the old town but instead at a five star hotel which was the club staff’s base. Information was again scarce and late. Late being the key as that’s when it increasingly becomes impossible to get to the game. The difference here to Moscow being the gamble was a £25 flight rather than the multiple of things required for Russia costing £600+ So a lot more of us could just gamble. Worth mentioning as well initially a huge chunk of tickets were reserved for Legia again for club staff etc

In contrast since the start of the season. Liverpool for their trip to Porto listed out the travel requirements and links to forms etc. Manchester United successfully argued to get their fans in for the trip to Young Boys after an initial refusal by the Swiss government. 

This is one area on an increasingly growing list of widening a gap between supporter and club. Minimal local journalist coverage, refusal to restock a Cup winning kit, catering farces, a COVID checking policy which punishes those who turn up early, marginalisation of a demographic within the fanbase. That’s off the top of my head right now. 

Alongside other embarrassingly inept situations as the stewarding and policing of the Napoli home game. 

How is that first one the clubs fault?

Second I'd imagine that was more down to Adidas, who probably didn't want to make any more.

Third how are fans who turn up early punished?

Who are they marginalising?

Lastly policing is down to the police not the club. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Nobody thinks they're superior to other fans. People speaking out about the club's handling of both its pre and post-match operation here have done so *in support of* their fellow fans - i.e. the ones who travelled and the ones who were deterred from travelling because of a lack of information and/or help beforehand.

The club only bothered to show appreciation because they were bombarded with messages on Twitter calling out their poor show for what it was (I agree with you though in that I also highly doubt it was because of FT). This thread and the other one have been uplifting - I was buzzing yesterday reading the posts from those who made it to Moscow - but that doesn't mean LCFC should be immune from criticism for the way they've treated their fans in this instance.

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Did anyone ever consider that maybe the club didnt provide all the information because they knew anyone who went would have to jump through the sort of hoops OP went through? 

Maybe they were concerned that it would look bad if they were trying to tug on heartstrings and get people to travel all the way to moscow on a wednesday?? No excuse for not acknowledging those that did mind. 

It's not the club's job to worry about how fans who can't go might react though? I'm obviously gutted I couldn't make it over there but I wouldn't feel like the club were emotionally blackmailing me purely for trying to help those who could.

If supporters of the club are travelling to games then the club should be offering their support to facilitate that as best they can - especially in an extreme instance like this.

24 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I am aware I am becoming omnipresent here with my posts, so I'll step away after this unless quoted. 

I doubt that even came into the consideration. I think there are some excellent people who work for LCFC but they probably are not in the best roles and probably need some help on a senior level. The wording of their statements regards both European trips so far have been poor in my opinion. There's no doubt it's been difficult for them as it did at one point look like it could be behind closed doors. However, the club could have done pre-purchase vouchers or something similar - pay for a ticket which is subject to confirmation. They could have outlined the difficulties surrounding the visa situation. In some of the correspondence I seen, there's no 'we want our supporters to be able to follow our club', instead it something like 'we will accept an away allocation as we do every game'. It's these nuances what make just make it more positive and thankful. 

I know a lot of people get annoyed about the ticket collection in Europe, it's a rule which is left with the line 'where possible'. It's notable that a lot more clubs are doing this season than ever before. I think again if the club just explained some of the reasoning why they based in a hotel which appears to be so far and why they go through that process, they would foster good will. Using the line 'UEFA dictates' just creates contempt. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Nobody thinks they're superior to other fans. People speaking out about the club's handling of both its pre and post-match operation here have done so *in support of* their fellow fans - i.e. the ones who travelled and the ones who were deterred from travelling because of a lack of information and/or help beforehand.

The club only bothered to show appreciation because they were bombarded with messages on Twitter calling out their poor show for what it was (I agree with you though in that I also highly doubt it was because of FT). This thread and the other one have been uplifting - I was buzzing yesterday reading the posts from those who made it to Moscow - but that doesn't mean LCFC should be immune from criticism for the way they've treated their fans in this instance.

It's not the club's job to worry about how fans who can't go might react though? I'm obviously gutted I couldn't make it over there but I wouldn't feel like the club were emotionally blackmailing me purely for trying to help those who could.

If supporters of the club are travelling to games then the club should be offering their support to facilitate that as best they can - especially in an extreme instance like this.

If I had been to Moscow and only 24 others had made the trip I would 100% think I was superior to other fans.  I would know I was superior. 

The problem is, as has been alluded to in this thread, quite often the fans who go to European aways are not the ones the club want following them.  Which will explain why 800 hardcore in Warsaw with England flags draped around the away end will get no coverage from the club on social media channels as it is not the image they want to send out.

A front row picture of the coach one Grannies at Palace away and its all "Go Blue army" on the club socials.  Extra bonus point if you can get a kid with his face painted in the shot.

Edited by TamworthFoxes
Spellings
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

How is that first one the clubs fault?

Second I'd imagine that was more down to Adidas, who probably didn't want to make any more.

Third how are fans who turn up early punished?

Who are they marginalising?

Lastly policing is down to the police not the club. 

The club don't give the Mercury or Radio Leicester any additional interviews etc like they used to. They have reigned it all in. In fact I am of the belief no-one from Leicester Mercury has even been to Seagrave yet (I could be wrong there but Jordan Blackwell was saying he's never had an invite when Rob Tanner could for the Athletic). So yeah the club made a conscious decision there and it probably affects senior folks who don't have the same capability as most of us on the internet or social media. 

The club could have ordered more but didn't want too. In fact that Maroon shirt was sold out as early as October/November. Just doesn't really strike as what I'd expect a Premier League club/large business to be like? I might be overestimating the demand but I was told that there is a minimum order which isn't actually that big given how much they actually cost to make. Intestingly Puma were happy to make more of the Champions shirt and Chelsea/Nike were happy to make more of their CL winning shirt with the game refs on it. 

Fans who turned up early are being made to queue for up to thirty to forty minutes whilst COVID spot checks take place yet fifteen minutes before kick-off all spot checks stop and the queues start to run fine through the ground. So those who are following the request of 'turn up early' get punished the most by standing outside for ages. 

As stated elsewhere in the thread, there's a feeling amongst 18 to 35 males that the club shows very little effort to engage, take on their opinions or view them as a pain. Nearly everyone I spoke to in Warsaw held this view and that's people I genuinely don't go games with. Whilst I fit that demographic, we stayed away from the 'British Bulldog' et al type pubs as per we did in Madrid and I'm not really a fan of boisterous pubs, beer throwing etc. 

Okay yeah the police were poor but the side of the segregation where the trouble occurred was some poxy tarpaulin that could be pulled off and climbed over. No steward presence at all. Alongside this multiple Napoli fans in the home ends who were quite provocative to home supporters. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox