Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brentford, A Match Thread

Just now, jonny_wright said:

We’ve got much better individual players, they seem to work better as a unit, they definitely run more and work harder 

agreed. Very well organized team. Working for each other..

Nobody apart from possibly Tielemans has looked good today, these are quite capable of getting a goal or 2 second half. I'd be tempted to take Iheanacho off and put another body in midfield, saying that Maddison was rubbing his hip towards the end. 

Well, first half lead thanks to a absolutely fantastic goal by Youri.

Other than that, extremely lucky to be going in at 1-0 up.

I think we have grown into the game though. Just need to stay defensively strong and I think we'll grab a second as they push forward trying for an equaliser. 

This has got a Vardy / Daka counter attack goal written all over it.

• Like 1

Soumare fine for games where we dominate the ball but we are missing Ndidi's running ability so far. Brentford play with high energy and we don't like that. 2 upfront fine if we have the ball but leaves us seen like we're playing with a player less defensively. 

We are ahead though that's all that matters :D some hit. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Man City would almost be easier to play in some senses. Brentford work extremely hard, they press well, they've got quality players, they're not afraid of anyone. They've played very well at home against some top teams already. 

Besides, our strength in depth is all at the top end of the pitch. The most secure we can be defensively with Ndidi injured is probably to play this shape. 

If we went back to 433/4231 and brought in Barnes, Lookman, etc and tried to actually dominate the game we'd be playing right in to their hands in the same way we did against West Ham. 

I think Rodgers has done the right thing to be honest. He's got those guys on the bench to freshen it up and stretch things second half when they tire a bit if needed. 

I understand where you're coming from, I just don't buy the 'this team works extremely hard' as an excuse. They are a known quantity, we've had time to prepare, we should be working equally hard. We've been on a current staggered downward trajectory in form for some time, in which of course injuries have contributed to a certain extent but I think we agree on the fact we look bob today at the moment :).

Well that was a tough watch 

Not sure what the options would be to change it. They’re relentless. 

Nacho off and a proper midfielder in midfield? Maddison has been pretty weak and Soumare has been anonymous. 

We are missing Wilf today. He would have stopped the glorious Brentford breaking through in fantastic athletic runs that look so good. Bentford have been fantastic, or so I've heard about 100 times in the first half. Still no players good enough to go onto big clubs that we have heard about. Maybe that is coming?

Brentord press is a proper press.  They don't have world-class talent but for them to dominate games like this is a testament to how well-assembled and well-coached their squad is.  They really do play some lovely football.

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino

Same shit as every other first half of an away game this season, we only got away with Norwich cos they’re one of the worst sides the PL has seen.

Can’t defend, can’t keep hold of the ball, no press, no real energy. Doesn’t look like we’ve done any homework on Brentford. This is what in first half’s now, if it carries on into the second half we’ll lose. Already resorted to Burnley style time wasting. It’s awful

Edited by Kopfkino

We're lucky. Some talking needed halftime. We're trying to take the pace out of the game, which is sensible, but we're getting caught in their press. We're loosing the midfield battle and they've been unlucky not to capitalise on that.

That was some strike from Youri.

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

It looks like we played in Eastern Europe on Thursday. Oh wait…

Oh wait…we played on Wednesday?!