Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brentford, A Match Thread

Guest Kopfkino
2 minutes ago, bfox said:

I understand where you're coming from, I just don't buy the 'this team works extremely hard' as an excuse. They are a known quantity, we've had time to prepare, we should be working equally hard. We've been on a current staggered downward trajectory in form for some time, in which of course injuries have contributed to a certain extent but I think we agree on the fact we look bob today at the moment :).

Yeah it’s just not a reason.There’s no secrets with Brentford now and they work really hard is just a sad indictment of us, if working hard is all that’s needed to make us look completely out of our depth.

West Ham lost to these (didn’t deserve to) but I had it on at the same time we played Palace and they showed how to expose it. It’s poor application from us

1 minute ago, Clarkey123 said:

Never seen us getting so overrun in midfield..

3 games ago against Palace and happens as soon as we come up against a well drilled pressing unit. Do we take a striker off for the extra midfielder or take Madders off then have no link between midfield and the forwards?

Just now, turlo said:

3 games ago against Palace and happens as soon as we come up against a well drilled pressing unit. Do we take a striker off for the extra midfielder or take Madders off then have no link between midfield and the forwards?

Madders stays on for me, either we take nacho off for hamza or KDH or big Dan and get Barnes on and switch formation to 4 at the back 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Livid said:

We’re going to need another goal from somewhere, another half like that and they will get at least one. 

I feel like we should just let them score to save ourselves 44 minutes of sheer hell and anguish…

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

I think I've come to the wrong forum, I thought this was a Leicester city fans forum, why are people moaning, we one nil up away from home, what else matters??? 🙄 

'Cus if the game carries on like this, it's very unlikely to stay that way.

Do you think that's a good performance?

4 minutes ago, Parafox said:

The pub I'm watching this on has now switched to the non English speaking Japanese coverage. Its like watching Squid games

I wonder what they make of seeing Choudhury running around wearing Shinji's old number :dry:

Been exactly what I expected really, Brentford are a couple of top players away from being potential European challengers with this style of play. Fortunate to be 0-1, we gotta learn and make a few changes swiftly.

Defo a game we miss Wilf as it would suit him more than Soumare who’s looking a bit lost as he hasn’t had the space he had in Russia. Maddison has done a great job at least in reliving pressure at certain points which is outside of the wonder goal from Youri the best it gets.

Id actually yank Nacho off for Barnes here just for another midfield presence - especially as Harvey has better ability with his feet in closer quarters. 

Without question though we have to go more direct second half, they will continue to push up and with Vards and or Daka later we should be able to outpace their back line - Raya also being more of a sweeper keeper makes me think he’s going to get caught out eventually if we can do this. We’ve got the passing ability with Soyuncu and Castagne/Tielemans etc to make that work.

Fingers crossed second half we adjust to this as we are to halfway house right now and Brentford won’t miss in a moment unless we take an exact plan of action 🦊 

With 532 it asks a lot of the wingbacks and the wider CMs. After an intense game on Moscow it looks they’re flagging a bit against a much fresher side.

I’d go 433 with Barnes/Lookman on for Soyuncu and have Iheanacho on the right 

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

The fact if we continue to play like we are we won’t be 1 up much longer… it’s not been great but obviously I will take the 1 nil lead I just want us to hold onto a lead 

My point is we gone into half time with the lead, so no problem at the moment. Yes we might have been shite but we have second half to pick up 😊

Just now, Charl91 said:

'Cus if the game carries on like this, it's very unlikely to stay that way.

Do you think that's a good performance?

If we calmed down and stopped making stupid mistakes we can make thus game easy for us.

I think we have defended well but they look nervous playing it out from the back