Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brentford, A Match Thread

1 minute ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

That bench is exceptionally strong isn’t it? KDH, Barnes, Daka and Lookman. Rodgers will have a right selection headache when Fofana, JJ and Ndidi return…

Was just about to write that exact point. 

What a great problem for the manager and absolutely brilliant for us heading into the new year with pretty much everybody firing and fully fit

• Like 2

Happy with that. As great as Daka was against Spartak, all his goals came from splitting a defence open (quite easily) where as we aren't going to be able to do that against these.

Vardy will create more chances out of nothing so I totally get him coming in for Daka.

I think we'll see Daka, and he's probably going to be a lot more efficient against a tiring Brentford.

Really like what I've seen of Lookman too, but again, he has a time and place.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

What a great problem for the manager and absolutely brilliant for us heading into the new year with pretty much everybody firing and fully fit

Yeah, I think that depth was a big reason behind us dropping off in 19/20 and 20/21. Hoping that added depth and players coming back from injury will help us to finish strongly this season.

• Like 3

Guest StevieLynex
3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Lots of positive vibes over the lineup - let’s see how long that lasts 🤣

Terrible line up . 4-0 Brentford

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Lots of positive vibes over the lineup - let’s see how long that lasts 🤣

Yeppity yep yep yep - worth the selection just to feel the love on the forum alone.

What'll happen if we get tonked is anyone's guess. I'd predict halt and catch fire.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

It was quite obvious from Rodgers post match on Thursday that today’s team was going to be the same that started against Man Utd. Not sure why anyone’s remotely surprised. 

Daka will have been aware of that too.  I'm quite sure he's been told the plan.

17 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Not many defensive options though. Will be pleasantly surprised if we can keep a clean sheet.